ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 26
« First < 142021222324 2526 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Houston Astros get hammered for cheating
siberian khatru 12:59 PM 01-13-2020

BREAKING: Per sources, MLB’s penalties for #Astros include:

*One-year suspensions for GM Jeff Luhnow and manager AJ Hinch.

*Losses of 1st and 2nd round draft picks in both 2020 and ‘21.

*A fine of $5M.

Full story and more context with @EvanDrellich: https://t.co/djvKEYFiC7

— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) January 13, 2020

No players were disciplined by Major League Baseball in the Astros' investigation. While Mets manager Carlos Beltran was part of it, he was a player at the time and thus was not suspended.

Discipline for Red Sox manager Alex Cora is coming. It is going to be harsh, per sources.

— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) January 13, 2020

Jim Crane just fired Jeff Luhnow and AJ Hinch.

— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) January 13, 2020

[Reply]
underEJ 07:23 PM 02-24-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Already stealing signs again.
I was super disappointed that not one media report of this went to the obvious stealing signs headline. Tiptoeing around using confiscated is just weak!! Gotta have a little fun with a shitty thing if you can.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 07:49 PM 02-24-2020
Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88:
Because its a ****ing sports story. Won't change godam life one bit, no matter how it ends.
It's as useless as the Trump impeachment crap that went no where.
Teams still signs. It doesn't matter whether it's manually or with electronics. It's gone on for 100 years.

I talked to a older minor leaguer, who came from a long line of older cousins, uncles, Brothers. Who all played Major league baseball.
He said all teams know how to steal signals. The electronics aren't even needed.

He also told me he had a relative on the Reds with Pete Rose. He could see Rose look in the stands while he was in the batters circle /next up , for two or 3 guys sitting next to each other. Giving Rose the thumbs up or down sign, for his next at bat.
That means Rose was just the tip of the iceberg. But they made him the scapegoat.
Now that's a quality take:-)
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:06 PM 02-24-2020
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
Now that's a quality take:-)
Lol he is quickly becoming one of the worst members on the site. He doesnt make a fucking bit of sense either. So Pete Rose looked in the stands for 2 or 3 guys sitting next to each other to give him a thumbs up or thumbs down to help him in his next at bat? Wtf did those 2-3 guys know? Was Professor Xavier one of them and he could read the mind of the pitcher?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:07 PM 02-24-2020
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
Security was confiscating anti Astros signs
They were stealing signs? Perfect.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:03 PM 02-24-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
:-)
[Reply]
jerryaldini 11:20 PM 02-24-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Looked to be only "vulgar" ones.
The one I saw just said asterisks. What a dumb policy. Free speech. Can't wait to see the signs at their road games.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:58 AM 02-25-2020
:-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:45 AM 02-28-2020

I didn't believe it when Tom Verducci said the Astros didn't swing and miss at a single offspeed pitch from Clayton Kershaw in Game 5 of the 2017 World Series.

I went back and watched every Kershaw pitch that night.

He was right.

They didn't swing and miss at a single one. pic.twitter.com/6oK4Y3tksE

— Blake Harris (@BlakeHarrisTBLA) February 28, 2020

[Reply]
Demonpenz 12:46 PM 02-28-2020
Kershaw whom people think sucks in the post season threw 40 sliders and curves (which they are the best in the game) and the Astro's didn't swing at any of them
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:37 PM 02-28-2020
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
Kershaw whom people think sucks in the post season threw 40 sliders and curves (which they are the best in the game) and the Astro's didn't swing at any of them
The Commissioner's Trophy is just a hunk of metal.
[Reply]
Sorry 01:56 PM 02-28-2020
Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88:
Because its a ****ing sports story. Won't change godam life one bit, no matter how it ends.
It's as useless as the Trump impeachment crap that went no where.
Teams still signs. It doesn't matter whether it's manually or with electronics. It's gone on for 100 years.

I talked to a older minor leaguer, who came from a long line of older cousins, uncles, Brothers. Who all played Major league baseball.
He said all teams know how to steal signals. The electronics aren't even needed.

He also told me he had a relative on the Reds with Pete Rose. He could see Rose look in the stands while he was in the batters circle /next up , for two or 3 guys sitting next to each other. Giving Rose the thumbs up or down sign, for his next at bat.
That means Rose was just the tip of the iceberg. But they made him the scapegoat.
Lol. Cmon man
[Reply]
mr. tegu 02:06 PM 02-28-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I didn't believe it when Tom Verducci said the Astros didn't swing and miss at a single offspeed pitch from Clayton Kershaw in Game 5 of the 2017 World Series.I went back and watched every Kershaw pitch that night. He was right. They didn't swing and miss at a single one. pic.twitter.com/6oK4Y3tksE— Blake Harris (@BlakeHarrisTBLA) February 28, 2020

What makes this even more surprising? The Astros led all of MLB in strikeouts in 2017.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:09 PM 02-28-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I mean, that's incredible. I'm sure there's worse cheating somewhere, but this is pretty close to the lowest of the low.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 03:36 PM 02-28-2020
This has made me as excited for baseball as anything besides the Royals championship run...

I can't wait to see the shit people come up with and how many times Astros are gonna be beaned and they deserve every bit of it
[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:42 PM 02-28-2020
I mean, that's incredible. I'm sure there's worse cheating somewhere, but this is pretty close to the lowest of the low.
MLB is really fucking up by doing pretty-much nothing.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 26
« First < 142021222324 2526 >
Up