Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Media Center>Rate You 3 Favorite Coen Brother's Movies
Otter 06:52 AM 05-16-2020
Everyone gets 3 picks:
[Reply]
Miles 11:40 PM 05-22-2020
One I haven’t watched in 15 years or so is Barton Fink which I remember being great and rather surreal.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 06:52 AM 05-23-2020
These two guys is why Raising Arizona was so good. That's a movie I can watch over and over, which I have, and twice in the theater when it was released.

[Reply]
vailpass 03:31 PM 05-25-2020
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
These two guys is why Raising Arizona was so good. That's a movie I can watch over and over, which I have, and twice in the theater when it was released.

Mighty fine cereal flakes, Mrs. McDonough.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 06:00 PM 05-25-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
To each their own. Outside of the three Coen movies that I really like (Miller's Crossing, O Brother and True Grit), the ones I have seen really haven't impressed me that much. I liked Fargo, but felt it went off the rails every time they featured the pointless side story of the guy who had the crush on the sheriff. Seriously, what the **** was that all about? Just seemed like filler. I liked Raising Arizona, but there's nothing particularly memorable about it for me. I didn't see Big Lebowski when it first came out, and when I did finally watch it I found it to be overrated as hell. And the ending of No Country for Old Men pissed me off so much I wanted to punch somebody. I actually bought the blu ray having never seen it based on all the glowing recommendations and ended up mailing it to a CP member who really liked it.
There is definitely a Coen vibe, but they have tackled a lot of different genres and tried things. So it is not too surprising that most viewers don't have a film or two of theirs they don't like.

The only one I would actively avoid seeing again, say a buddy was having a Coen film night, is Inside Llewyn. But several posters have sung its praises.

I love TBL but I wouldn't particularly want to watch it again if I was sober.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 06:02 PM 05-25-2020
Originally Posted by Miles:
One I haven’t watched in 15 years or so is Barton Fink which I remember being great and rather surreal.
I really liked this one the first time. But when you know what is coming the surreal vibe doesn't work as well.
[Reply]
vailpass 08:14 PM 05-25-2020
NCOM and TBL tied for the lead.
[Reply]
scho63 04:42 PM 06-25-2020
Just finished watching Inside Llewyn Davisit

What a piece of shit farce that was! How anyone could rank it in top 10 let alone top 3 Coen Brother's movie is beyond me!

YUCK! Wasted 2 hours
[Reply]
heapshake 09:53 PM 06-27-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I liked Fargo, but felt it went off the rails every time they featured the pointless side story of the guy who had the crush on the sheriff. Seriously, what the **** was that all about? Just seemed like filler.
Finding out that she bought his bs causes her to realize that she needs to take another run at Jerry. Marge is too trusting and the Yanagita situation helps her figure that out.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up