Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Media Center>Doctor Sleep
Bowser 04:00 PM 06-13-2019
Sequel to The Shining-

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:05 AM 09-09-2019
That casting is incredible.

Rebecca Ferguson needs to be in more stuff; just a great actress. Ewan McGregor is also awesome. Cliff Curtis is one of the great 'that guys' who elevates anything he does.

And how the hell did they manage to find a Dick Halloran who looks exactly like Scatman Crothers?

I hope this is good and the trailer has me optimistic.
[Reply]
redfan 12:21 PM 09-09-2019
Took me a minute to see it was new Obi Wan in it, neato. Looks good.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 02:25 PM 09-11-2019
Was excited till I saw it's written and directed by the guy who wrote and directed The Haunting of Hill House on Netflix. This is gonna suck.
[Reply]
Rausch 08:20 AM 09-12-2019
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
Was excited till I saw it's written and directed by the guy who wrote and directed The Haunting of Hill House on Netflix. This is gonna suck.
That actually makes me very optimistic. That's a reason to like it...
[Reply]
Fish 12:54 AM 12-20-2019
So... finally got around to watching this. Thought it was actually pretty decent. Twisted, dark, and pretty fucked up. Much better than I anticipated. Definitely changes the way you look at The Shining...
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:40 PM 06-28-2020
Watched it last night. This is a superb movie. Dark, twisted, creepy. With great characters you care about. Was faithful to Kubrick and King at the same time.

See it now.
[Reply]
vailpass 04:01 PM 06-28-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Watched it last night. This is a superb movie. Dark, twisted, creepy. With great characters you care about. Was faithful to Kubrick and King at the same time.

See it now.
I also watched last night and concur, it was good. Lots of nice throwbacks to the original and to the King universe. It felt like a King story, something that is lost in translation from page to screen more often than not.

The little girl actor and Rebecca Ferguson were nails as were Ewan McGregor and the guy who played Dick Hallorahn. Really the whole cast was good.

That scene where the woman and her little kid haunted Danny in his sleep was creepy as hell.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:38 PM 06-28-2020
Good movie...fuck I agreed with deberg
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:12 PM 06-28-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
I also watched last night and concur, it was good. Lots of nice throwbacks to the original and to the King universe. It felt like a King story, something that is lost in translation from page to screen more often than not.

The little girl actor and Rebecca Ferguson were nails as were Ewan McGregor and the guy who played Dick Hallorahn. Really the whole cast was good.

That scene where the woman and her little kid haunted Danny in his sleep was creepy as hell.
Yes. Entire cast was exceptional. I liked the guy who played The Crow.
[Reply]
Fish 10:05 PM 06-28-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
So... finally got around to watching this. Thought it was actually pretty decent. Twisted, dark, and pretty fucked up. Much better than I anticipated. Definitely changes the way you look at The Shining...

[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:35 AM 06-29-2020
Like others, I found it very creepy but well done. Fantastic acting performances. Great casting. I had no idea they were doing a Shining II with a grown up Danny.

A movie I'd never heard of two days ago. See the posts in here about a movie called Doctor Sleep? A very unusual occurrence in today's movies. Out performed expectations. Pleasantly surprised. Very entertaining movie. Well worth the two hours of time.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:56 AM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:

See it now.
Been awhile since I've seen shining. May have to recap and watch
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 02:28 PM 06-29-2020
I thought that was lurch from The Addams Family. Didn’t know he was still alive.
[Reply]
Scooter LaCanforno 02:40 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:

The Haunting of Hill House was one of the best series I've seen on Netflix.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:56 PM 06-29-2020
The Shining is easily my all time favorite horror movie, but I honestly thought the trailers looked like shit and it also did poorly at the box office iirc... thanks to you folks I’m rethinking my stance and will pick it up friday
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up