ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 48
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: Episode IX
Hammock Parties 07:39 PM 07-09-2018
Welp, time to start the thread because LANDO IS BACK.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...ing-episode-ix

Originally Posted by :
The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed the long-gestating rumors that Billy Dee Williams will return to that galaxy far, far away and will reprise his role of Lando Calrissian for next year’s Star Wars: Episode IX!

Williams made his debut as the gambling scoundrel in Star Wars: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, reprising in Episode VI: Return of the Jedi, and in countless other Star Wars shows like Star Wars Rebels and games like Star Wars: Jedi Knight II – Jedi Outcast. He even voiced the character in various Robot Chicken and Family Guy episodes dedicated solely to Star Wars as well as The LEGO Movie. Donald Glover stepped into the role earlier this year to play a younger Lando in Solo: A Star Wars Story.

In Episode IX, Williams joins returning franchise stars Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, and Adam Driver, plus newcomer (and frequent J.J. Abrams collabroator) Keri Russell.

[Reply]
Setsuna 08:35 PM 02-13-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
yep. you're going to see this movie. all of you.

:-) :-) :-) You are unhinged from reality. This move is DOA.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:50 PM 02-13-2019
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
:-) :-) :-) You are unhinged from reality. This move is DOA.
This is true. The amount of net traffic for speculation videos and forums is WAY down compared to the first two movies. People are curious in a morbid way, but there's extremely minimal legitimate excitement.

As I've studied more of JJ's work and general MO, I am truly shocked that TFA was the very best work he could come up with for that. When you compare it on a scale to his other work, it is truly horrible. At the very least, I wonder if he is secretly a hard-core Trekkie who hates SW.

His work surely reflects it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:30 AM 02-14-2019
That's by design.

As soon as the first trailer comes out nerds will be rejoicing.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:32 AM 02-14-2019
HEY HATERS

RIAN JOHNSON IS STILL GETTING A TRILOGY

No it isn’t true, I’m still working on the trilogy. With all due respect to the movie bros, who I’m sure are lovely kind bros with good fraternal intentions.

— Rian Johnson (@rianjohnson) February 14, 2019

[Reply]
Sorry 03:52 AM 02-14-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
This is true. The amount of net traffic for speculation videos and forums is WAY down compared to the first two movies. People are curious in a morbid way, but there's extremely minimal legitimate excitement.

As I've studied more of JJ's work and general MO, I am truly shocked that TFA was the very best work he could come up with for that. When you compare it on a scale to his other work, it is truly horrible. At the very least, I wonder if he is secretly a hard-core Trekkie who hates SW.

His work surely reflects it.
I think he played it safe. The dude was under immense pressure
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:45 AM 02-14-2019
That's by design.

As soon as the first trailer comes out nerds will be rejoicing.
Mmm...no.

You see, "Solo" was actually a watchable, decent movie. Not great, certainly not "Rouge One", but at least very good popcorn fare. In retrospect, I would have gone to the theater and paid money to see it, and so would have many others.

But the fan base decided to send Disney a message and put the straight-up "STAY DOWN, BITCH(!)" on that poor movie instead. And I am not exaggerating when I say unto you, that "Solo" was just a test run compared to what poor JJ is about to get in his Christmas stocking.

HEY HATERS

RIAN JOHNSON IS STILL GETTING A TRILOGY
If he's allowed to create something from start to finish, it might work. Obviously, he's not the guy you want coming in behind you to pick up the baton and run with an idea though, that much has clearly been proven.
But if he's in charge and responsible for all four acts of the play, then the patrons may or may not set the theater aflame afterwards... :-)

Isn't his only claim to fame the Bruce Willis time-traveler movie? Just curious. I've never seen it so I don't know if it's worth a fuck or not. Maybe someone can clue me in.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:48 AM 02-14-2019
Originally Posted by Sorry:
I think he played it safe. The dude was under immense pressure
Toy sales are in the shitter as well. Kids don't want them because they don't offer value for the dollar and adults won't buy then because the movies are shit.

Of course, the toys featuring the OT characters and even some of the Clone Wars/Rebels stuff still sell the most, but even those sales are way down over years past.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:38 AM 02-14-2019
so now they are editing the original trilogy in these cartoon shorts to make luke and han appear less competent...the comments are amazing

what the fuck lucasfilm

[Reply]
Frazod 09:14 AM 02-14-2019
yep. you're going to see this movie. all of you.

Nope. Fuck 'em. Perhaps I'll watch it when it comes out on Netflix, so I don't have to pay any extra for it. But outside of that, that cunt Kennedy gets no more of my money.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:18 AM 02-14-2019
^ And this is why I have no interest in a Rian Johnson led Star Wars property. KK is going to have her hand firmly up RJ's ass the entire duration of the project. Fuck Disney's ridiculous SJW agenda.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:31 AM 02-14-2019
My disdain toward Disney is slowly turning to white-hot hate. I saw that comparison you posted and I'm glad there are fans( a LOT of fans, actually )who are monitoring this garbage and calling out every bit of bullshit that "KKFilm Ltd." sees fit to try and shove down unsuspecting throats.

I truly hate that bitch and wish her a flaming AIDS tree Christmas in 2019.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:43 AM 02-14-2019
To be fair, Leia did fire at the Stormtroopers before she jumped down the chute. Points still stand, though.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:48 AM 02-14-2019
Watch the video. It's a total bullshit edit of the original scene designed to pander to girls.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:06 AM 02-14-2019
Watch the video. It's a total bullshit edit of the original scene designed to pander to girls.
Yeah, that was brutal. And really, sad.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:39 AM 02-14-2019
I did. Hence, the "white-hot hate". You have to understand; this isn't fun for me. Watching SW tank and suck is not like watching PMII come riding on to the field of battle, laying waste to every dumbassed comment, theory, and idiotic statement ever made about "risky" 1st round QB's and team-building from the O-line outwards, it's a shameful disgrace to a once-brilliant mans' legacy that has endured every single test that time could throw at it.

When I was a young youngster, I was a veracious reader of the classic Greek heroes and mythology literature. Within those works lies the foundation of what Lucas tapped in to, and what so many children like myself and for years to come would appreciate, learn from, and revel in; classic heroes doing classic things( adventures, feats of honor, courage, chivalry, and valor etc. ).
Works that stood for thousands of years.

So when George tapped in to that and combined it with my other great youngster passion, the stars and heavens( astronomy ), it was like hitting the children's developmental jackpot! I and millions of other young boys and girls were transformed in to instant, life-long fans. And the reason it stayed with us was not just an adult's sentimental reflection on childhood, but because like the classic tales, Star Wars was something that could remind us from time to time to regard and keep under guard/protect our better selves, the "hero" we all set out to be when we began our further journey in to life.

So in my eyes, Star Wars will never be antiquated because like it's classical predecessors, it stood the test of time. It's something that young parents of my generation enjoyed taking their own children to see in the late 1990's when they re-released prior to commencing the Prequels. And many other parents before and after that who shared the movies with their kids on VHS, Laser Disc, and finally DVD/Blue Ray.

So for Disney to turn SW in to a "trend", in to the "latest thing/ideology" is what I find TRULY insulting. Not even the bad scripts, weak stories, shitty directors, flat characters, and fuck all else offend me the same way THAT does. It's like turning Medusa in to a "poor, misunderstood strong woman who was wronged by a male God-figure for her beauty and independent ways".

IT'S RIDICULOUS.

And I refuse to monetarily support such nonsense.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 48
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up