ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Hell, is college football now semi-pro feeder system greased by NIL $$?
Trivers 08:36 PM Yesterday
What is the hell is going on?

1) University of Nevada QB of 3-0 team quits because he claims he has not been paid $150K. Rumors are that he has better NIL offers for next year from a bigger school if he red shirts.

2) USC def tackle quits after transferring from Georgia because he is not happy with his NIL. Also red shirts.

3) Recently, QB Williams left OU to go to USC because he was promised more NIL and free fingernail polish. (I'm a bitter OU fan.)

4) The University of Tennessee is raising ticket prices to pay for NIL program.

Where is all this headed?

The haves vs the have-nots?

Would you want to be a head coach in all this NIL mess?

Are we going to have a college draft where HS athletes get drafted?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:42 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Trivers:
What is the hell is going on?

1) University of Nevada QB of 3-0 team quits because he claims he has not been paid $150K. Rumors are that he has better NIL offers for next year from a bigger school if he red shirts.

2) USC def tackle quits after transferring from Georgia because he is not happy with his NIL. Also red shirts.

3) Recently, QB Williams left OU to go to USC because he was promised more NIL and free fingernail polish. (I'm a bitter OU fan.)

4) The University of Tennessee is raising ticket prices to pay for NIL program.

Where is all this headed?

The haves vs the have-nots?

Would you want to be a head coach in all this NIL mess?

Are we going to have a college draft where HS athletes get drafted?
No.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:44 PM Yesterday
I am torn on NIL. In some ways I am in support of it as players should profit off their name (because schools definitely were). In other ways I am against it for the reasons you mentioned above.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:57 PM Yesterday
I predict players from the lower ranked Playoff teams will eventually start sitting out.

A lot of those teams won’t actually have a chance of winning it all. Those guys may only hurt their draft stock by playing as well as risking injury.
[Reply]
Dayze 09:13 PM Yesterday
It’ll probably just result in overall shitty college football over time
Constant turnover
[Reply]
Ocotillo 09:32 PM Yesterday

This is really it. There are no rules. There are no cops to enforce rules which don’t exist in the first place. https://t.co/fmCmWfrRUD

— Scott Van Pelt (@notthefakeSVP) September 25, 2024

[Reply]
htismaqe 09:34 PM Yesterday
The whole "have and have not" argument is interesting. With TV deals and other forms of revenue sharing some of these, what are now, tier 2 schools are going to have shit tons of money to spend. I guess it all comes down to what they're willing to use as a source of subsidies. I think it may actually disrupt the current dominance/dynasty hierarchy.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 09:40 PM Yesterday
I think most people are in agreement the players should be compensated given the money in the sport.

Here are my issues:

1. Can the payments be transparent? Why all the money under the table? If Florida wants to pay a QB $15 million, why can't it be on the books and visible to the world?

2. Can transfers be limited again? Maybe limit it to a player gets one transfer and can play immediately. You transfer a second time and you have to sit out a year if you're not a grad transfer.

3. Can we get rid of all the tampering? Nobody should be communicating with anybody that's not a part of their program and is not in the transfer portal.

4. The business side should be limited to a timeframe. Nobody should be shaking down a school for more money once practice starts in August.
[Reply]
Trivers 09:57 PM Yesterday
Is there any NIL money for DII wrestlers? I could have rich?
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 10:01 PM Yesterday
I suspect that this is already been said…Of course it is. Get over it. This dude apparently was not smart enough to get it in writing . Duh….same as it ever was, except now we know about it.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 10:01 PM Yesterday
I think it's always been a semi-pro feeder league.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:05 PM Yesterday
I like college athletics less everyday
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:28 PM Yesterday
This has always been going on in college football and college basketball… now it’s legal.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 01:21 AM Today
At what point do we just call them pros?
[Reply]
HemiEd 01:59 AM Today
Originally Posted by Dayze:
It’ll probably just result in overall shitty college football over time
Constant turnover
It already has in my opinion. The Athletes move around so much it has ruined the games for me. School loyalty used to be part of it.
I used to be really into College BB, not so much anymore.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up