ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 49 of 386
« First < 394546474849 505152535999149 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:09 PM 08-07-2017
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
This made zero fucking sense, and the producers made a point to illustrate it to us for a reason. Im curious to know why they decided Danny should make a poor decision and burn the food.
Emergency Awesome talked about it in his latest video. Basically, she was making the playing fields even. She doesn't have food....so she was going to destroy the Lannister's food stores as well.
[Reply]
Urc Burry 12:14 PM 08-07-2017
Anyone notice the dragon skip over a wagon? Might be the one with the gold
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:18 PM 08-07-2017
Originally Posted by Urc Burry:
Anyone notice the dragon skip over a wagon? Might be the one with the gold
Drogon skipped over the wagon that was carrying the Scorpion.
[Reply]
Urc Burry 12:22 PM 08-07-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Drogon skipped over the wagon that was carrying the Scorpion.
Aw. Well that's convenient
[Reply]
Amnorix 12:23 PM 08-07-2017
Emergency Awesome talked about it in his latest video. Basically, she was making the playing fields even. She doesn't have food....so she was going to destroy the Lannister's food stores as well.

Yeah, except at the end of the fight the DOTHRAKI hold the field. So they can feast to their heart's content, burn whatever they dont' want, and move on.

Instead, well, all I can imagine is that she only burned a portion of their caravan and their was a long, strung out line of food wagons that weren't burnt.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:23 PM 08-07-2017
I guess you could make it even...or give yourself the advantage by feeding your army.

Either way, the producers spent a lot of money to show us Danny making a stupid move.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:25 PM 08-07-2017
Originally Posted by Amnorix:

Instead, well, all I can imagine is that she only burned a portion of their caravan and their was a long, strung out line of food wagons that weren't burnt.
Hopefully that's the case. Otherwise it's another "WTF" moment in a season full of uncharacteristic "WTF" moments.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 12:46 PM 08-07-2017
Can a zombie ice dragon breathe fire? If not, it's still dangerous but not as dangerous as the living ones.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 12:49 PM 08-07-2017
Regarding the food and wagons, we know the gold was sent ahead. I doubt they just sent that one wagon and left the rest behind. They would have sent the wagon of gold, and there would have likely been a large number of soldiers and other wagons on the trail as well.

Also, Tarly said something about flogging the stragglers, so it seemed there were groups moving slower than others.
[Reply]
RustShack 12:52 PM 08-07-2017
It is possible that Drogon is a dragon that Danny doesn't have 100% control of. He's not a gun that she aims and shoots with. She also can't warg into it like Bran.

Also, it's possible there's more wagons lol.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:05 PM 08-07-2017
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
You wouldn't need an Army if you had Dragons breathing fire over their infantry. You would just continuously pass overhead, out of reach of the undead, raining fire down upon them. You could land in the South, feed the dragons, then return to the North to continue the onslaught. It wouldn't be much of a battle.
Again - there's no such thing as 'out of the reach' of the undead. They can reanimate anything. Moreover, they're going to eventually be among your own cities and castles - how precise you think dragonfire is in close quarters? It would be like carpetbombing enemies at your own gates.

There are myriad of reasons why 'duh - dragons' isn't the answer for the Walkers. And if the Walkers had a dragon of their own, this shit is over.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:05 PM 08-07-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I assume she was primarily trying to destroy the wagons carrying the gold.
I don't even think she had thought THAT far ahead. She was pissed that she had gotten her ass kicked to that point and was hellbent on some payback. I think it's a significant look into where her head is at when you couple this battle with her telling Jon Snow that he still needs to bend the knee despite the fact of hardcore proof of what's coming for them out of the north. She's slipping into Targaryen madness - a lust for power.

Originally Posted by Amnorix:
Yeah, except at the end of the fight the DOTHRAKI hold the field. So they can feast to their heart's content, burn whatever they dont' want, and move on.

I think what got hit was the rear forces of the Lannister army. Jaime and Bronn were talking about how thin they were stretched after the bulk of the army had already gone to King's Landing to deliver the gold....
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:09 PM 08-07-2017
Splosions, guys. That's all it is. There's only so many times you can show a group of soldiers roasting like kebabs until you've got to spice it up.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:10 PM 08-07-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Again - there's no such thing as 'out of the reach' of the undead. They can reanimate anything. Moreover, they're going to eventually be among your own cities and castles - how precise you think dragonfire is in close quarters? It would be like carpetbombing enemies at your own gates.

There are myriad of reasons why 'duh - dragons' isn't the answer for the Walkers. And if the Walkers had a dragon of their own, this shit is over.
Ice Dragon in Game of Thrones? Or CGI clouds abnormalities?

I'm going to keep humping this leg until it's proven to be wrong. That is a fucking ice dragon.

There is another scene from the Hardhome battle that I can't find out there - scores of Wildlings are outside the gates as they are closing on them. They get locked out, there is a rush/boom sound, then silence. Next thing you know there are hundreds of Walkers trying to bust through the gates. That fucking dragon came down, blasted them with its ice breath, and wah-lah....instant ice zombies.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:36 PM 08-07-2017
I think that was just a typical TV sped-up time lapse.

Once the gates close everyone knows what's going down. It wouldn't be practical to have the viewer stare at a closed gate for 20 minutes while the walkers turn a few thousand people into wights.
[Reply]
Page 49 of 386
« First < 394546474849 505152535999149 > Last »
Up