ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 63
« First < 182425262728 2930313238 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Story: Han Solo Movie 2018 Spoiler Thread
DaneMcCloud 04:17 PM 10-21-2016
http://www.starwars.com/news/donald-...and-alone-film

Donald Glover is officially a young Lando Calrissian!

Lucasfilm announced today that Donald Glover, an acclaimed actor, award-winning writer, and Grammy-nominated artist, will be playing the part of Lando Calrissian in the still-untitled Han Solo Star Wars film, helmed by directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller. Glover will join Alden Ehrenreich — previously cast as Han Solo — in bringing two iconic Star Wars characters back to the big screen, but at a time in their lives previously unexplored. This new film depicts Lando in his formative years as a scoundrel on the rise in the galaxy’s underworld — years before the events involving Han, Leia, and Darth Vader in The Empire Strikes Back and his rise to Rebel hero in Return of the Jedi.

“We’re so lucky to have an artist as talented as Donald join us,” said Lord and Miller. “These are big shoes to fill, and an even bigger cape, and this one fits him perfectly, which will save us money on alterations. Also, we’d like to publicly apologize to Donald for ruining Comic-Con for him forever.”

Glover is best known for creating and starring in the critically acclaimed FX series Atlanta (which had the highest premiere numbers for any basic cable comedy show since 2013), as well as for starring in four seasons of the show Community, and for his Grammy-nominated album Because the Internet, performed under the name Childish Gambino. In addition, Glover appeared in the Academy Award-nominated The Martian, and will be seen in the upcoming Spider-Man: Homecoming.

The untitled Han Solo movie is set for release in 2018.

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:26 PM 02-03-2018
Originally Posted by sully1983:
Can't wait to make fun of the trailer when I finally see it. Can't believe the little twerp from Hail Caesar is Han freakin Solo. Should be a riot. FUCK Disney
I'll be surprised if there's much, or any, dialog.

The original The Empire Strikes Back trailer had no dialog, just sound effects, underscore and Chewie's groans.
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 03:19 PM 02-03-2018
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I've only seen Good Morning America as confirmed
Oh wow. Interesting. Thanks. I'd only seen rumors so I wasn't sure.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 05:46 PM 02-04-2018
As with all things Star Wars I’m excited and interested by the trailer sneak and will be there opening night completely prepared to be disappointed.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:47 PM 02-04-2018
The teaser was certainly cool from a visual standpoint
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:48 PM 02-04-2018
Lando cooled cool.

I loved the "pristine" Falcon.

LOVED the Star Destroyer in the Maw Cluster or whatever that was.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 05:49 PM 02-04-2018
Yep - no complaints at all.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:51 PM 02-04-2018
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
Yep - no complaints at all.
It was a teaser that left me wanting more.

Mission accomplished.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 05:54 PM 02-04-2018
Needed more Chewie.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 05:55 PM 02-04-2018
It’s a real testament to the original production designers and FX designers that the original trilogy ships and settings and costumes and designs are still the most interesting. The shot of the Star Destroyer was great.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:05 PM 02-04-2018
It’s a real testament to the original production designers and FX designers that the original trilogy ships and settings and costumes and designs are still the most interesting. The shot of the Star Destroyer was great.
Ralph McQuarrie was such a genius.

I liked the Rogue One aesthetic of the trailer, too.
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 06:09 PM 02-04-2018
I still think the OT ships are some of the best designed sci-fi ships I've seen. Just sexy
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:41 PM 02-04-2018
Ralph McQuarrie was such a genius.

I liked the Rogue One aesthetic of the trailer, too.
I hope the film isn't too dark.

Above all else a Han Solo movie needs to be FUN.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:53 PM 02-04-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

Most Ron Howard movies are pretty light hearted and mainstream
[Reply]
sully1983 07:01 PM 02-04-2018
It was a teaser that left me wanting more.

Mission accomplished.
Same here. That was actually a well done teaser . I was prepared to rip it a new one too.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 07:16 PM 02-04-2018

This I agree with 100%.
[Reply]
Page 28 of 63
« First < 182425262728 2930313238 > Last »
Up