ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 96 of 119
« First < 46869293949596 979899100106 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official '20/'21 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 02:12 PM 11-25-2020
Defending the National Championship of 2020

Roster:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/

There you go! :-)
[Reply]
cmh6476 09:41 PM 03-22-2021
Someone else can start this fn thread next year
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:41 PM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by KCTitus:
Heh...you think? It seems to me that as the years go by, it's only gotten worse.
None of these players can even create their own shot off the dribble. I can’t even recall a Self team where that was ever the case.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:42 PM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Do you have a plan to get Adidas to start beating out Nike again when bidding for these kids? Because that’s probably what we need.
Uhhh yeah. Not being able to pay dudes because of an FBI investigation is the elephant in the room.

I dont disagree, but the 'better' the recruit, the worse the play, it seems to me. Guys coming in for one year, do as little as possible, then they're off to the draft, and dont give a fuck about a NCAA title. KU's success has been when they had a team. THIS is not a team, it's a collection of talented basketball players who dont give a fuck.
Yeah. To an extent. A lot of playmakers ended up being 4 year guys that developed. Some of these guys could be that but we don’t have the high recruits to fill the gaps while they develop.

We need playmakers. This is a team of role players. Nobody is a dynamic scorer. Garrett is the only dynamic defender. They need someone who can make something happen.

I disagree they don’t give a shit. I think Garrett cares very much. And look at the effort McCormack put out.

This team is role players.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:42 PM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Really? I think it's the opposite. I think they care just fine, they just lack the talent. Talent beats hard work almost every time.
Just another thought on the subject, this team has more local kids that play that we've seen in 30 years. Its likely they care way more about winning and the KU tradition more than any other team we've had in years. Its just that they arent good.
[Reply]
KCTitus 09:42 PM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
None of these players can even create their own shot off the dribble. I can’t even recall a Self team where that was ever the case.
Neither can I...
[Reply]
KCTitus 09:44 PM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
We need playmakers. This is a team of role players. Nobody is a dynamic scorer. Garrett is the only dynamic defender. They need someone who can make something happen.

I disagree they don’t give a shit. I think Garrett cares very much. And look at the effort McCormack put out.

This team is role players.
So are you saying the best KU can do in the 4-5 star recruit is role players? If that's the case, KU simply sucks at recruiting and is nothing more than Marty's KC chiefs...pretenders.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:47 PM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
Rinse and repeat every tournament loss for the last 15 years....

I love Bill Self, but I don't see us winning another title with him.
Are you saying it's on Self that he doesn't find a bunch of 3 point shooters that can go 11/16 from 3 on any given night?

....I mean, that's obviously the trend of these blowout losses, so it's not like I disagree. Granted, this one was over before USC started draining 3s.
[Reply]
ROYC75 09:48 PM 03-22-2021
I think it was BWillie that said we would get routed ?

Don't think he was expecting this?
[Reply]
KCTitus 09:50 PM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Are you saying it's on Self that he doesn't find a bunch of 3 point shooters that can go 11/16 from 3 on any given night?

....I mean, that's obviously the trend of these blowout losses, so it's not like I disagree. Granted, this one was over before USC started draining 3s.
Maybe its not on Self, however, the trend is a bit alarming...a team shooting 60-70% from three everytime they line up against KU...seems odd doesnt it? would a coach have something or try something to slow that down?
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:51 PM 03-22-2021
So are you saying the best KU can do in the 4-5 star recruit is role players? If that's the case, KU simply sucks at recruiting and is nothing more than Marty's KC chiefs...pretenders.
Who is a 5 star? I don’t follow recruiting much but these guys aren’t elite talent guys. McCormack maybe? He’s not a very natural player. I’m impressed with the strides he made but the difference between him and an Aldrich type, who wasn’t even all that good of an athlete is pretty staggering.

Garret? Great defender limited offense.
Ochai? He wasn’t hardly even recruited.
Braun? I can’t imagine he’s a 5 star guy from Burlington.
Wilson might be a 5 star guy. But he’s got a ways to go before he’s a playmaker.

Think about what this team would be if it had Thomas Robinson on it. That should show you the difference between elite talent and what we have here now.
[Reply]
TribalElder 09:52 PM 03-22-2021
whoa, post game just said worst tournament loss in KU history 34 points
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:52 PM 03-22-2021
Maybe its not on Self, however, the trend is a bit alarming...a team shooting 60-70% from three everytime they line up against KU...seems odd doesnt it? would a coach have something or try something to slow that down?
This game is kind of an outlier because we packed the lane more than I’ve ever seen a college team do it. And it worked. For a half.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:53 PM 03-22-2021
I never did manage to give a single fuck about this year's team. This loss doesn't even matter to me.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:55 PM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
I never did manage to give a single **** about this year's team. This loss doesn't even matter to me.
F*** Covid

Best team in 15 years and the f*** China folk f** us

We’ll never know what last year would’ve done
[Reply]
BWillie 09:58 PM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
I think it was BWillie that said we would get routed ?

Don't think he was expecting this?
I did. The narrative is always I'm wrong though. It's better to be right about things that don't ruffle feathers.
[Reply]
Page 96 of 119
« First < 46869293949596 979899100106 > Last »
Up