ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3119 of 3903
« First < 2119261930193069310931153116311731183119 31203121312231233129316932193619 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 07:02 AM 11-16-2020
Moderna said their vaccine is stable for 30 days between 2 and 8 degrees. If true, it's way easier to deal with than the Pfizer vaccine that needs to be kept crazy cold.

I'd been hoping we'd get results from Johnson & Johnson. They started Phase 3 in Sept too. They started a second trial where they're administering two shots. I wonder if that means there early data wasn't great.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:31 AM 11-16-2020
I really don’t get Fauci saying we could be completely back to normal by next winter. If we have vaccines early in the year for high risk and medical professionals and then the rest in March/April this country should be completely fine by Summer if not earlier.
[Reply]
O.city 07:51 AM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I really don’t get Fauci saying we could be completely back to normal by next winter. If we have vaccines early in the year for high risk and medical professionals and then the rest in March/April this country should be completely fine by Summer if not earlier.
There’s so many people to vaccinate and if they’ll even get it is another discussion.

It’ll take a while but yeah, once people get vaccinated they’re going back to normal. I sure as shit am.

And I hope I never have to hear about public health again for a while
[Reply]
O.city 07:57 AM 11-16-2020
Between these two we can inoculate 35 million people by the end of the year

So nursing homes and health care workers first right?
[Reply]
Donger 07:58 AM 11-16-2020
Dr. Anthony Fauci, the U.S. government’s top infectious-disease expert, said on Sunday that he thinks the U.S. could start getting back to “relative normal” by April or July of 2021, as the coronavirus pandemic continues to grip the nation.

Fauci told CNN’s Jake Tapper on “State of the Union” he thought that would be possible to achieve by the second or third quarter of 2021, but the question of when Americans can safely gather in large groups again depends on a number of factors.

He pointed to Pfizer’s announcement that early data shows the manufacturer’s coronavirus vaccine is more than 90% effective and noted that a second company is expected to soon unveil its early results.

“That’s great, but we have to get people to take the vaccine,” Fauci said.

“So, if we get the overwhelming majority of people taking the vaccine, and you have on the one hand an effective vaccine, on the other hand, a high degree of uptake of the vaccine, we could start getting things back to relative normal as we get into the second and third quarter of the year, where people can start thinking about doing things that were too dangerous just months ago,” Fauci said.

But he added that the country “can’t just wish it happening.”

Vaccines have to come, they must be deployed and fundamental public health measures can’t be abandoned, Fauci stressed.

“You can approach a degree of normality while still doing some fundamental public health things that synergize with the vaccine to get us back to normal,” he said.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:07 AM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Between these two we can inoculate 35 million people by the end of the year

So nursing homes and health care workers first right?
Recent CDC numbers showed 80% of the deaths from 65+ age group.

Get those people vaccinated first and this thing goes down drastically.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:09 AM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
There’s so many people to vaccinate and if they’ll even get it is another discussion.

It’ll take a while but yeah, once people get vaccinated they’re going back to normal. I sure as shit am.

And I hope I never have to hear about public health again for a while
And also, this a biggie, if Americans don't take the vaccine, thats an issue.

Anyone know what % of of Americans need to take the vaccine for it it to work?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:11 AM 11-16-2020
Recent CDC numbers showed 80% of the deaths from 65+ age group.

Get those people vaccinated first and this thing goes down drastically.
Another question....... Is there a published list of which groups get the vaccine first?
Assumed that health care workers and nursing home patients get it first.

Which groups are next?
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:22 AM 11-16-2020
This is great news about Moderna. I will be getting the Moderna vaccine since that is probably what our company will be distributing. I will wait awhile though, maybe until spring time to get it just in case.
[Reply]
Rausch 08:28 AM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

If it works it shouldn't matter.

And has anyone posted the studies done on the GS-441524 component of remdesivir? It's worked really well on cats, rats, and while not as much still effective in monkeys.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:33 AM 11-16-2020
Side effects seem mild as well.

Originally Posted by :
The primary endpoint of the Phase 3 COVE study is based on the analysis of COVID-19 cases confirmed and adjudicated starting two weeks following the second dose of vaccine. This first interim analysis was based on 95 cases, of which 90 cases of COVID-19 were observed in the placebo group versus 5 cases observed in the mRNA-1273 group, resulting in a point estimate of vaccine efficacy of 94.5% (p <0.0001).

A secondary endpoint analyzed severe cases of COVID-19 and included 11 severe cases (as defined in the study protocol) in this first interim analysis. All 11 cases occurred in the placebo group and none in the mRNA-1273 vaccinated group.

The 95 COVID-19 cases included 15 older adults (ages 65+) and 20 participants identifying as being from diverse communities (including 12 Hispanic or LatinX, 4 Black or African Americans, 3 Asian Americans and 1 multiracial).

The interim analysis included a concurrent review of the available Phase 3 COVE study safety data by the DSMB, which did not report any significant safety concerns. A review of solicited adverse events indicated that the vaccine was generally well tolerated. The majority of adverse events were mild or moderate in severity. Grade 3 (severe) events greater than or equal to 2% in frequency after the first dose included injection site pain (2.7%), and after the second dose included fatigue (9.7%), myalgia (8.9%), arthralgia (5.2%), headache (4.5%), pain (4.1%) and erythema/redness at the injection site (2.0%). These solicited adverse events were generally short-lived. These data are subject to change based on ongoing analysis of further Phase 3 COVE study data and final analysis.

[Reply]
Rausch 08:35 AM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Ho-Lee-Fuk

Unexpected detection of SARS-CoV-2 antibodies in the prepandemic period in Italy

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10....00891620974755
This makes a lot of sense in my case. In my work area all but 3 people out of 15 have gotten it in the last 3 months. I was one that didn't get it.

However last January when I should have been enjoying the playoffs I was sick for 3 weeks and almost went to the hospital. The week before the SB I was coughing up about 10 oz of fluid a day. Looking back it was very Covid like. My old boss and I both think we got it back then and that's why we didn't in the last 6 months or so when everyone else did.
[Reply]
O.city 08:36 AM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

The higher the better but you can’t force it.

They need good messaging and safety data on it. I think the number who get it will be a lot higher than the flu for sure.

They need to approach the nfl and other things of the like to promote the data and such.
[Reply]
Rausch 08:37 AM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Side effects seem mild as well.
No way of knowing any long term effects.

That's a trade off people will have to think about and make a decision on. Older people probably won't have to worry about long term effects anyway...
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:45 AM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by Rausch:
No way of knowing any long term effects.

That's a trade off people will have to think about and make a decision on. Older people probably won't have to worry about long term effects anyway...
Very true but we don't know about long term effects of Covid either.
[Reply]
Page 3119 of 3903
« First < 2119261930193069310931153116311731183119 31203121312231233129316932193619 > Last »
Up