ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 173
« First < 41011121314 151617182464114 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs suspended Tyreek Hill
TribalElder 10:21 PM 04-25-2019
Channel 5 just busted in and showed veach saying Hill is suspended for now
RealSNR 11:32 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Hunt had known anger issues before the draft. Thats why he dropped. The Chiefs thought they could fix him. They were wrong,

Hill had known issues with anger. Serious violence. The Chiefs knew and did the rest of the NFL. Thats why he dropped to to us in the 5th. The Chiefs thought they could fix him. They were wrong,

Clark had issues with violence before the draft. The Chiefs trade for him. give him a ton of money. Will history repeat itself.
The first time I ever heard of the "known" anger issues with Hunt, it was after the February report where he got into that altercation in Ohio. And even then, I can't quite remember what these issues were, because they were pretty much, "Oh, he has a short fuse and gets angry." The dude didn't have a past of beating his girlfriends or anything (at least not reported).

The whole, "Kareem Hunt came back to bite them" thing is bullshit. In the case of Hunt, yes, the Chiefs knew what they were getting into and they fucking did it anyway. Hunt was far more of a blindside to them (and probably whoever else in this league that would have ended up drafting him). He was graded in the 3rd round by a lot of teams. Things that dropped him were things like the lack of breakaway speed, the heavy workload in college, the highlights only against small conference schools and talent, etc. Sure, "He has anger issues" probably was known by teams when they evaluated his personality and fit in a locker room, but let's not claim that he dropped to the 3rd round because of that. That's just inaccurate.
carcosa 11:32 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Tbh yes. Nowadays this nation is getting soft. Everyone gets offended by anything and expects handouts. A little discipline in someone’s life would change them and ultimately change this country.
I'd argue that decade upon decade of parents hitting their kids for fear of being "soft" is a big part of what fucked this nation up in the first place.

It's possible to be firm and assertive and discipline your kids without coming close to traumatizing them. It's just a lot harder than kicking their ass and being done with it.
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:34 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
Hill is getting suspended by the Chiefs because the NFL refuses to make a proper policy. Why do you have problem with this?
I think the NFL should not be in the business of employing violent criminals. If other teams want to, that's their prerogative, but I see no reason why the Chiefs, or their fans, would want to reward violent criminals because they're good at football.

If the Chiefs win the AFCCG, does it make you a better parent? Does it make you better at your job? It's a fun thing to discuss and complain, and get excited about, but it's still just a form of entertainment. That's all it is. If you pass the buck because the NFL won't make a policy you are condoning the behavior.

And if the Chiefs have to lose a few football games because they aren't going to give millions of dollars to people who are societal menaces, I'm okay with that. Maybe you're not.
RealSNR 11:34 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Tbh yes. Nowadays this nation is getting soft. Everyone gets offended by anything and expects handouts. A little discipline in someone’s life would change them and ultimately change this country.
The nation is getting soft.

And you don't get your mega millions.

Thanks for playing. You just lost the game of life. The work still would have owed you that money if you made it the four years and then started disciplining your kid that way again.
Hammock Parties 11:35 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
You know, maybe we're not. Maybe we just learned from it, gained strength from it, without the need of headshrinkers, prescribed personality-altering drugs, therapy dogs or fucking safe spaces.

I remember once I was goofing off in the grocery store. A woman I didn't know smacked the shit out of me, then grabbed me by my ear and took me to my mom and told her what I did and what she did. Mom's reaction - she was mortified - not because a stranger had hit her child, but because her child had created a situation that warranted a stranger hitting her child. So she smacked the shit out of me again, thanked the woman and apologized for my behavior. Then, after we got home, I got my ass kicked a third time. Now, this was well over 40 years ago, and I don't even remember what I did in the first place to rate those three beatings, but I'm damned sure I never did it again.

I guess you'd want the woman in the grocery store to get 20 years hard labor, right? :-)
I once got damn near a concussion because my dad was clowning around in the backyard with me and our doberman and the doberman rammed me into a wall headfirst.

My dad should have gone to prison for sure, the dog should have been put down.
Sassy Squatch 11:35 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I believe you are missing the point. Mainly that while a belt is appalling to you, it probably isn’t to him (in fact it might a great tool to him) and therefore questions like what the kid could do to deserve it are not relevant in his perspective. It might be like someone who is appalled by spanking asking a parent who regular spanks occasionally for discipline what they could possibly do to deserve it.
Sorry, but I really don't give a shit about Hills "perspective" on this issue considering an appropriate response in his mind to his 8 week pregnant girlfriend pissing him off is to punch and choke her.
carcosa 11:35 PM 04-25-2019
You know, maybe we're not. Maybe we just learned from it, gained strength from it, without the need of headshrinkers, prescribed personality-altering drugs, therapy dogs or fucking safe spaces.

I remember once I was goofing off in the grocery store. A woman I didn't know smacked the shit out of me, then grabbed me by my ear and took me to my mom and told her what I did and what she did. Mom's reaction - she was mortified - not because a stranger had hit her child, but because her child had created a situation that warranted a stranger hitting her child. So she smacked the shit out of me again, thanked the woman and apologized for my behavior. Then, after we got home, I got my ass kicked a third time. Now, this was well over 40 years ago, and I don't even remember what I did in the first place to rate those three beatings, but I'm damned sure I never did it again.

I guess you'd want the woman in the grocery store to get 20 years hard labor, right? :-)
No, but it was clearly fucked up for her to do that to you.

Rationalize it however you want, but there's absolutely no way that experience had a positive effect on you.

It sucks how this society teaches us that we deserve to be treated like shit from such an early age.
Frazod 11:36 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I once got damn near a concussion because my dad was clowning around in the backyard with me and our doberman and the doberman rammed me into a wall headfirst.

My dad should have gone to prison for sure, the dog should have been put down.
And don't forget the years of extended therapy! :-)
mr. tegu 11:37 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Sorry, bit I really don't give a shit about Hills "perspective" on this issue considering an appropriate response in his mind to his 8 week pregnant girlfriend pissing him off is to punch and choke her.

Maybe you don’t care about it but it is relevant when asking about what could make, in his mind, that punishment be deserved.
Frazod 11:37 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by carcosa:
No, but it was clearly fucked up for her to do that to you.

Rationalize it however you want, but there's absolutely no way that experience had a positive effect on you.

It sucks how this society teaches us that we deserve to be treated like shit from such an early age.
Are you a woman? Christ, I hope so.
kcpasco 11:38 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I think the NFL should not be in the business of employing violent criminals. If other teams want to, that's their prerogative, but I see no reason why the Chiefs, or their fans, would want to reward violent criminals because they're good at football.

If the Chiefs win the AFCCG, does it make you a better parent? Does it make you better at your job? It's a fun thing to discuss and complain, and get excited about, but it's still just a form of entertainment. That's all it is. If you pass the buck because the NFL won't make a policy you are condoning the behavior.

And if the Chiefs have to lose a few football games because they aren't going to give millions of dollars to people who are societal menaces, I'm okay with that. Maybe you're not.
The Chiefs are keeping a child abusing sociopath from playing for another NFL team. They should praised as heroes for all abused children. If they released him he would just be picked up by Dorsey or another shithead because Roger obviously hates children.
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:38 PM 04-25-2019

If we accept the premise that parents being more willing to use discipline on their kids led to better behaved kids and that that parents aren't willing to do that as often now, the logical conclusion would be that there are fewer behaved kids, right? And it's usually those hellions that end up becoming derelicts, which I will not argue.

Howver, that becomes a little bit harder to reconcile when you look at rates of violent crime in the US over time.

RealSNR 11:39 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
Great Jesus ...

Corporal punishment with a damn belt? What kind of belt? I'm pretty sure that some belts are designed to hurt more than others. Some belts will simply leave welts while others are embedded with metal that cuts right through to the bone. And I'm sure some guys consider the buckle the business end.

Why not beat the kid with a snowshoe? Or strangle him with a pair of pants?

WTF are we talking about here?

FAX
My dad used masturbate into a sock and make me wear it over my head around the house for an entire day. And I turned out fine!
Warrick 11:42 PM 04-25-2019
:-)
Sassy Squatch 11:43 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
My dad used masturbate into a sock and make me wear it over my head around the house for an entire day. And I turned out fine!
No you did not
Page 14 of 173
« First < 41011121314 151617182464114 > Last »
Up