ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 432 of 2693
« First < 332382422428429430431432 4334344354364424825329321432 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:18 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by penbrook:
Not being unfair but Patrick had a lot of screens he threw last game.
"Put your personality into it".

We've heard Reid say this to his QB's multiple times now. What do you think he means by that?

Yes, Patrick threw screens. That's gameplan. That's not what we're discussing here.

In the Gif thread Mahomes demonstrated a willingness to bypass the easy check down in favor of a riskier pass for more yards.

That's putting his personality into the playcall.

Alex puts his personality into the playcall as well. Checkdown.

Alex is a QB who will run your offense as it's designed. He doesn't stray from the system. He doesn't get creative within the system.

But that's not how this league works. He needs some improvisation. He doesn't make something out of failed plays often enough. That's his limitation.

What happens when a play isn't executed how it's drawn up? Or if the coverage is there, or the pressure is there and causes the play to fail?

That's what we're talking about here. The ability to make downfield passes when the play breaks down. That's what makes guys like Rodgers or Favre special.

The ability to put his personality into it. To extend the play beyond the script when the script doesn't work. That's why they drafted Mahomes.
[Reply]
penbrook 04:22 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

We've heard Reid say this to his QB's multiple times now. What do you think he means by that?

Yes, Patrick threw screens. That's gameplan. That's not what we're discussing here.

In the Gif thread Mahomes demonstrated a willingness to bypass the easy check down in favor of a riskier pass for more yards.

Alex is a QB who will run your offense as it's designed. He doesn't stray from the system. He doesn't get creative within the system.

But that's not how this league works. He needs some improvisation. He doesn't make something out of failed plays often enough. That's his limitation.

What happens when a play isn't executed how it's drawn up? Or if the coverage is there, or the pressure is there and causes the play to fail?

That's what we're talking about here. The ability to make downfield passes when the play breaks down. That's what makes guys like Rodgers or Favre special.

The ability to put his personality into it. To extend the play beyond the script when the script doesn't work. That's why they drafted Mahomes.
I'm still dumbfounded how Smitty missed Hill wide open in the playoffs.
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:25 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Yeah....I took it as.

Mahomes: Why can't we criticize our QB?

Smith: Stop criticizing Smith! All he does is win!
I'm going to take a soft mental tally of a trend that's bound to occur from Smith-backers throughout this preseason and regular season if Alex gets injured.

Any "wow" play that Mahomes makes in the preseason can and probably will be dismissed by certain fans for multiple reasons:

1. The play wasn't "perfect" enough
2. "He still thinks he's at Texas Tech. You can't attempt that play in the NFL. Mahomes is lucky he got away with it."
3. "What was the defense doing? His guy was wide open, OL got away with a non-holding call, defense was completely out of position, etc..."

If Mahomes isn't deadly accurate on a difficult throw with the defense in his face as he demonstrates perfect throwing form while on a pogo-stick, these people are going to claim, "I need to see more... that play wasn't THAT impressive... I need to remind you all how much work he still has to do..."

No, I don't expect these critics to constantly hover around the preseason and give their opinions of every Mahomes throw, but it's pretty telling that the thing they're consistently jabbing at is a completed pass down the field and how it wasn't a longer completed pass. Meanwhile, their boyfriend himself said that he missed a chance for a long TD on the Tyreek Hill throw... just as egregious an error, if you want to call it that. I didn't see a single Alex hater bring up the fact that he led Hill too far inside until Alex backers started nitpicking the shit out of Mahomes.

They won't be able to say anything good about Mahomes. It will always be about the mistakes he made. And if he makes good plays, those will be easily dismissed.
[Reply]
penbrook 04:29 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I'm going to take a soft mental tally of a trend that's bound to occur from Smith-backers throughout this preseason and regular season if Alex gets injured.

Any "wow" play that Mahomes makes in the preseason can and probably will be dismissed by certain fans for multiple reasons:

2. "He still thinks he's at Texas Tech. You can't attempt that play in the NFL. Mahomes is lucky he got away with it."
3. "What was the defense doing? His guy was wide open, OL got away with a non-holding call, defense was completely out of position, etc..."

If Mahomes isn't deadly accurate on a difficult throw with the defense in his face as he demonstrates perfect throwing form while on a pogo-stick, these people are going to claim, "I need to see more... that play wasn't THAT impressive... I need to remind you all how much work he still has to do..."

No, I don't expect these critics to constantly hover around the preseason and give their opinions of every Mahomes throw, but it's pretty telling that the thing they're consistently jabbing at is a completed pass down the field and how it wasn't a longer completed pass. Meanwhile, their boyfriend himself said that he missed a chance for a long TD on the Tyreek Hill throw... just as egregious an error, if you want to call it that. I didn't see a single Alex hater bring up the fact that he led Hill too far inside until Alex backers started nitpicking the shit out of Mahomes.

They won't be able to say anything good about Mahomes. It will always be about the mistakes he made. And if he makes good plays, those will be easily dismissed.
Patrick and Trump are very similar. Even if they do something good they still get criticized
[Reply]
raybec 4 04:33 PM 08-14-2017
Not being unfair but Patrick had a lot of screens he threw last game.
I swear to Christ, you have to be a troll or you live in some type of group home. No one is this dumb without some type of medical malfunction.
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:33 PM 08-14-2017
Patrick and Trump are very similar. Even if they do something good they still get criticized

[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 04:56 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

Unbelievable how sensitive the Mahomesexuals are. Say one bad thing about the guy and they come after you like flys do to s**t and constantly insult Smitty while they do it.

I'd like him to make mistakes now and see things he needs to work on now as opposed to doing it in the regular season so no big deal guys. I am confident he is going to be a great QB one day.

Lighten up. No one is perfect. It isn't the the end of the world if he underthrows a WR. Saying it was a bad throw doesn't make me a Mahomes hater.

Overall I thought Mahomes did fine. God forbid I say the guy had one bad pass.

Am I going to get banned?
[Reply]
penbrook 04:57 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Unbelievable how sensitive the Mahomesexuals are. Say one bad thing about the guy and they come after you like flys do to s**t and constantly insult Smitty while they do it.

I'd like him to make mistakes now and see things he needs to work on now as opposed to doing it in the regular season so no big deal guys. I am confident he is going to be a great QB one day.

Lighten up. No one is perfect. It isn't the the end of the world if he underthrows a WR. Saying it was a bad throw doesn't make me a Mahomes hater.

I agree with you!
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 05:12 PM 08-14-2017

.........God forbid I say the guy had one bad pass.

Total bullshit. A bunch of alexcuses all wrapped up in a dick-burrito that youre trying to bamboozle us into eating. You are a hater....youre trying to be a debbie downer on the moment that everyone has been waiting for....we are starving for some Mahomes and you try to serve dick burrito and anti freeze wrapped up in "GEE GUYS I DUNNO WHY EVERYONE SO SENSATIVE"

maybe because you try and feed us dick burrito???
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:16 PM 08-14-2017

"I'm just calling things like I see them."

If that's your mantra, then call more things like you see them, buddy. For example, call things as you see them when it comes to the Chiefs' starting QB.

If you actually did that you'd turn into an Alex critic. I wouldn't call you a hater, but you sure as fuck wouldn't be afraid to roast the dude.
[Reply]
eDave 05:17 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
Total bullshit. A bunch of alexcuses all wrapped up in a dick-burrito that youre trying to bamboozle us into eating. You are a hater....youre trying to be a debbie downer on the moment that everyone has been waiting for....we are starving for some Mahomes and you try to serve dick burrito and anti freeze wrapped up in "GEE GUYS I DUNNO WHY EVERYONE SO SENSATIVE"

maybe because you try and feed us dick burrito???
Not everyone has a full boner for the guy yet. Less blue ball that way.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 05:39 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by eDave:
Not everyone has a full boner for the guy yet. Less blue ball that way.
I understand that...but thats different then shitting on the guy after his 1st NFL pass DURING the game day thread and then acting surprised that people think he has some sort of agenda..
[Reply]
farmerchief 05:48 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

I think Coach Childress said all that needs to be said, today, when he said, "Patrick has a downfield mentality", which is one reason I fully support this draft selection!:-)
[Reply]
eDave 05:51 PM 08-14-2017
I understand that...but thats different then shitting on the guy after his 1st NFL pass DURING the game day thread and then acting surprised that people think he has some sort of agenda..
If he's tearing him down then yea, fuck him.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 05:53 PM 08-14-2017
I never posted in the game thread. Not once.
[Reply]
Page 432 of 2693
« First < 332382422428429430431432 4334344354364424825329321432 > Last »
Up