ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 78 of 80
« First < 28687475767778 7980 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Your yearly "Get DirecTV to discount NFL Sunday Ticket" thread
The Franchise 02:47 PM 07-24-2015
Just called in and got it for free again....plus a $10 bill credit for 12 months and a $5 bill credit for 6 months.

Didn't even have to haggle with the guy.

Anybody else tried yet?
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:27 PM 05-04-2023
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Bump.

Most likely will be giving up DTV in the next few weeks. I have been a customer since 1997.

Will go with youtube tv and sunday ticket.

I am a little amazed that youtube has not reached out to sunday ticket customers-but I would guess DTV will not give it up.

I got an email.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:48 AM 05-05-2023
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

I got an email.
Mine may have gone into spam
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:07 AM 05-05-2023
I give DirecTV two years tops before they're defunct. 50% of their customers were only subscribing for Sunday Ticket. I dropped it once I figured out how easy it was to get free streams, but they're really screwed now.

My guess is them and Dish Network will have to merge to survive at some point.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:22 AM 05-05-2023
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
I give DirecTV two years tops before they're defunct. 50% of their customers were only subscribing for Sunday Ticket. I dropped it once I figured out how easy it was to get free streams, but they're really screwed now.

My guess is them and Dish Network will have to merge to survive at some point.
https://www.nexttv.com/news/less-tha...%20discounting.

According to this, 23% of DTV subscribers had Sunday Ticket. Out of # that some will cancel and some will just switch over and pay youtube but keep directv.

I'd guess they lose 10-15% of their subscribers. Which might actually make them money compared to what they were paying the NFL (or what they would have had to pay to compete with Apple and Amazon). I'm sure they did the math and came to that conclusion.

DTV was very profitable before AT&T bought them. Their overhead is low compared to the fees they bring in.
[Reply]
Oz_Chief 10:33 AM 05-05-2023
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan:
We're getting ready to switch to YouTube TV as well. We've been DirecTV customers for twenty years or so.
Same. Just switched a week ago. It's easier to search for channels on DirecTV but that is the only comment I have. The product isn't really that different. It's nice to have NFL Network again. It's not included in DirecTV Stream.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 11:37 AM 05-05-2023
Every time I see this thread bumped I think of this Sunday ticket commercial

https://youtu.be/ISIXZawORno
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:46 AM 08-26-2023
Directv ended today. The day I cannot see the game. I will find it.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:50 AM 08-26-2023
I got the youtube version of NFL sunday ticket but can't figure out how to get it to my smart TV. The opener against Detroit is on NBC but my DTV is in an agreement dispute. It's all fucking annoying. Making it difficult to even watch a damn football game
[Reply]
RunKC 08:54 AM 08-26-2023
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Directv ended today. The day I cannot see the game. I will find it.
NFL+ dude I'm telling you. $14.99/month. You can watch any game from the last 12 years whenever you want.

Regional games are on live and if you can't see it then the replay is loaded 30 mins after the game is over.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:07 AM 08-26-2023
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I got the youtube version of NFL sunday ticket but can't figure out how to get it to my smart TV. The opener against Detroit is on NBC but my DTV is in an agreement dispute. It's all ****ing annoying. Making it difficult to even watch a damn football game
You have to get the app on your tv. Or have the bandwidth to send it to your tv via your phone. It should prompt you to "pair" it with your TV.

Personally, I'd just get the app on your TV.
[Reply]
Balto 09:09 AM 08-26-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
NFL+ dude I'm telling you. $14.99/month. You can watch any game from the last 12 years whenever you want.

Regional games are on live and if you can't see it then the replay is loaded 30 mins after the game is over.
I’ve thought about just doing this. Does it drive you crazy not watching some Chiefs game live? Guessing the replay has no commercials?
[Reply]
Monty 09:47 AM 08-26-2023

This is the route I took, and so far so good. Most of the games are in the Dallas market anyway, or in prime time. We’ll keep an eye on how things progress during the season. I can see it’s infinitely cheaper than my previous package with DirecTV.
[Reply]
Monty 09:49 AM 08-26-2023
Originally Posted by Balto:
I’ve thought about just doing this. Does it drive you crazy not watching some Chiefs game live? Guessing the replay has no commercials?
The replays have a condensed version, but I haven’t really checked it out yet. I am sick of the NFL plus logo though, just to be clear.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 01:52 PM 08-26-2023

Humm. That makes it much more appealing. I had thought that none of the replays were available until 30 minutes after the conclusion of the Sunday night game.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 02:11 PM 08-26-2023
8 Chiefs games are on unopposed.
Most others are not against Vikes games here.
I have tix to the Vikes game
So I am guessing at least 15 will be on locally one way or another. I can stream the ones I cannot get.

I just saved 230 or so a month by dropping DTV. I will not get sunday ticket this year. Another 350 or so saved.

I will need a firestick for one tv.

I can get locals with a paper clip in the antenna port.

It will just be weird for a while.
[Reply]
Page 78 of 80
« First < 28687475767778 7980 >
Up