« First < 34567 89 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Brett Veach predraft press conference
RunKC 10:36 AM 04-20-2018
Starts now. Please post updates
[Reply]
O.city 12:41 PM 04-21-2018
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Generally, yes. This draft is incredibly deep, though

Spending a lot to move up would be a colossal mistake unless it's for an elite player that falls for no ****ing reason.
Possibly

But If they trade up I’ll atleast assume it’s for a guy they think is a legit dude
[Reply]
jjchieffan 12:42 PM 04-21-2018
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
You say often and then go back 10 years?
Richard Sherman and Josh Norman in the 5th. Is that better?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:43 PM 04-21-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
Possibly

But If they trade up I’ll atleast assume it’s for a guy they think is a legit dude
The thing is, I don't think the probability of that is much different from late 1st into Round 3.
[Reply]
O.city 12:43 PM 04-21-2018
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Richard Sherman and Josh Norman in the 5th. Is that better?
Now how many guys taken in those rounds completely never do jack shit? The majority

It’s a lottery ticket
[Reply]
jjchieffan 12:57 PM 04-21-2018
Now how many guys taken in those rounds completely never do jack shit? The majority

It’s a lottery ticket
The whole draft is a lottery ticket. Granted, the chances are better in the first round. But we seem to have a staff that is pretty good at evaluating draft talent. The post I quoted basically said that it was next to impossible to get a starting cornerback outside of the first. I think that with the depth at CB in this draft, that there is a better than normal chance of getting a starting CB at 54. I expressed my disagreement with his assessment, then proceeded to list starting CB's for us, then a couple of top CB's that had came from later rounds to back up my statement. And I will state it one more time. We definitely can stay put and still find at least one starting CB if our staff is as good as we think that they are.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 01:00 PM 04-21-2018
Won’t have as much to do with those guys as it will mayfield actually being good

If he were 6”4 he’d be the consensus #1 guy, he’s the best pure passer in the draft

The jets are supposedly locked into him at 3
No doubt IF he were 6'4". But he is not. And you know as well as I do it is all "poker playing" from the time the National Championship game ends each year until the picks are made. I have never believed anything coming out of any front offices EVER when it comes to the draft PERIOD.

But to your point out of all the QBs in this year's draft I agree with you that Mayfield is the best athletically,throwing accuracy and attitude to lead in this year's bunch.

Now with all that said, talking about short QBs, I think this kid Logan Woodside is the real deal and is very Mahomesque(not totally but he has the athletic moxy and good arm). Take a look IF you haven't already. I would love for us to take a chance on him spending a late rd on him IF not sign him as UFA just in case PM2 doesn't work out because as you know there are no guarantees in life.

[Reply]
O.city 01:08 PM 04-21-2018
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
The whole draft is a lottery ticket. Granted, the chances are better in the first round. But we seem to have a staff that is pretty good at evaluating draft talent. The post I quoted basically said that it was next to impossible to get a starting cornerback outside of the first. I think that with the depth at CB in this draft, that there is a better than normal chance of getting a starting CB at 54. I expressed my disagreement with his assessment, then proceeded to list starting CB's for us, then a couple of top CB's that had came from later rounds to back up my statement. And I will state it one more time. We definitely can stay put and still find at least one starting CB if our staff is as good as we think that they are.
Probability is probability

Hell they could find a hall of famer in the 6thits just unlikely

Just have to see where they feel the talent drops off and with all the trade up talk, I’m thinking it’s before 54
[Reply]
JakeF 01:13 PM 04-21-2018
Originally Posted by wasi:
Erving looked just fine against Denver in week 17. He already improved from his play earlier in the season. If that trend continues he will be a fine swing tackle or guard.
Andy Heck sucks.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 01:24 PM 04-21-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefs Moon:
Erving played well against Denver. Seems like a good swing tackle.
For the most part Erving played against 2nd stringers that day and the season psychologically was over for the any 1st stringers he played against. He better have played well that day.:-)
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:49 PM 04-21-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
I think IF we do trade up it will be from 54 somewhere into mid to high 30's for that coveted player assuming that coveted player falls into reach. ). But the player MUST BE COVETED(meaning can't miss type player

Otherwise, I think we build the roster this year by actually staying put or even trading down a few spots acquiring more picks especially since the draft is the strongest from 75-150. The draft is especially strong this year unlike most and when you need playmakers/depth this only makes sense to either stay put or trade down. Build your roster this year when the draft is stoked with quality players I say.:-)

Can't afford to give up picks especially in a deep draft that doesn't happen very often when you have many holes to fill.:-)
Yep, the Chiefs have drafted a lot of "can't miss players" in the 1st round that turned out to be Bust. The list is long.

Is there really going to be a CB or any player worth giving up 3 or 4 high round picks for? Doubtful. :-)
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:52 PM 04-21-2018
Historically once you get past the third round you aren’t finding s good player

Sure you can but it’s not likely

I’d rather trade up and a month ago I didn’t want yo
The Candian Doc says hi. :-)
[Reply]
Chargem 01:54 PM 04-21-2018
I dunno, you draft a guy in the 3rd and he might be a bust. But if you trade up to get a guy in the first, he still might be a bust and it's a much bigger deal if you spend a load of resources and get snake eyes.

It's not really possible to quantify whether the increased cost sufficiently decreases the chance of a bust to make trading up worth it I think, either way you're trusting Veach and his team to evaluate talent, whether that be 1st round or 2nd round or 3rd round talent.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:56 PM 04-21-2018
Mayfield isn’t getting out of the top 4. Rosen May fall though
Oh he is DEFINITELY getting out of the top four.

The only possibility otherwise is that a hard up or ignorant GM pulls the pulls the trigger due to draft day adrenaline.
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:58 PM 04-21-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Well if we do trade up it better be a can't miss type player because we are not winning the SB this year and that is because we need to build the roster especially on defense and when the draft is deep(which doesn't happen often) and you have holes to fill you take advantage of that especially when you know you are not going to the SB.
That is a long sentence.

So we are not winning the Super Bowl this year? Bummer. Thanks for the heads up, now I don't have to watch the season.

Who is going to win it? I would like to put some money down.
[Reply]
TimeForWasp 02:01 PM 04-21-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
There are some things in that conference that leads you to believe that Reid is the one in charge. I know several/most/myself have thought that all along anyway.
t

I noticed the same thing.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Up