ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 61 of 67
« First < 11515758596061 62636465 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>BREAKING: Le'Veon Bell to the Chiefs
Dante84 04:39 PM 10-15-2020

Kansas City, #ChiefsKingdom, thank you for the opportunity ���� let’s go! pic.twitter.com/6aEY9GaoA7

— Le'Veon Bell (@LeVeonBell) October 15, 2020

pic.twitter.com/mVVZ7KQULX

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) October 15, 2020

[Reply]
Simply Red 06:39 PM 10-21-2020
I saw him answering questions for Arrowhead Pride today where all of the KC folks asking the questions, looked like something you'd see at the Panama City Beach Walmart (with their set-ups) - but darn he sure seems like a sweetie. Embarrassing though, those Arrowhead Pride zoom meeting back drops (at their house, cars where ever.) Good Christ can't we do better than that, KC? Pete Sweeney was the exception, he looked very professional.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:45 PM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I see you left off the last sentence there for some odd reason.:-)

He got $27MM of the Jets money and didnt get paid for a year.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-c...on-bell-12329/

So yea I suppose had Pitt just shit canned him after one year he could have made less but he basically took a year off and turned down 2 year $33MM deal with more on the table and took a 2 year $27MM deal.

Im not an accountant but....1 year no pay plus $6MM less in the 2 years equals around $12-15MM loss assuming he makes 6-9MM in the lost year?

But hey it was a moral victory am I right?
Sure but what was his reason to take that? They literally could have ground him down with back to back 400 touch years then cut him. They'd already ridden the fuck out of him in his tag year.
[Reply]
Marcellus 06:50 PM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Sure but what was his reason to take that? They literally could have ground him down with back to back 400 touch years then cut him. They'd already ridden the **** out of him in his tag year.
Yea I am sure they only wanted him for 1 year and no more. He would have been 26 in year 2 of his deal. :-)

Anyway Ill be rooting for him on Sunday to tear it up.
[Reply]
mdstu 06:50 PM 10-21-2020
Here is what Le'Veon had to say about it last year.

https://twnews.us/us-news/jets-le-ve...-a-distraction

Q: What is the criticism about you that has bothered you the most, or that you thought was the most unfair?
A: People say I’m a distraction. I feel like the fans don’t really know or people outside of the building don’t really know me, right? So they only can go off of what they hear. So when they hear I’m holding out ’cause I [want] more money, they’re not really understanding what I’m doing or why I’m doing it. That’s the only thing that kind of frustrates me a little bit. But when people talk about me and say I made a bad decision, it doesn’t bother me at all ’cause I know what I was trying to do, and they’re not understanding what I was doing, or why I was doing it.

Q: What do you think the public perception of you is?
A: You got some people who love it. And then you got people, I see on Twitter, “Oh, you’re so dumb for walking away from this amount of money.” I think it’s like divided. I just started really understanding that I can’t really make everybody happy. I can’t satisfy everybody. I kind of look at LeBron James, he’s one of my people I kind of idolize, and I see how he moves and how he wins, and there’s still people who don’t like him. Even though he’s done nothing wrong, but it’s like people just don’t like him because … they don’t want to like him.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:38 PM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
No holdout has ghosted their team the way he did. No locker room has turned on a holdout the way the steelers did. The damn steelers players rep of all people was blasting him. I'm as excited as anyone he's in kc but good lord, let's not sugarcoat the past. He was put in a bad spot and he handled it poorly.

The Steelers behave like the biggest whiniest babies in the entire NFL.

The team rep calling him out is hardly surprising considering the entitlement surrounding the franchise from ownership down to the tiniest retard man child waving around a sham-wow
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:42 PM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
The Steelers behave like the biggest whiniest babies in the entire NFL.

The team rep calling him out is hardly surprising considering the entitlement surrounding the franchise from ownership down to the tiniest retard man child waving around a sham-wow
The Steelers are one of the best ran and most successful organizations in football history but hey feel free to slant the narrative how you want.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:44 PM 10-21-2020
The Steelers are one of the best ran and most successful organizations in football history but hey feel free to slant the narrative how you want.

I didn’t say they weren’t good. I said they were entitled.

You disagree with that?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:45 PM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by mdstu:
Here is what Le'Veon had to say about it last year.

https://twnews.us/us-news/jets-le-ve...-a-distraction

Q: What is the criticism about you that has bothered you the most, or that you thought was the most unfair?
A: People say I’m a distraction. I feel like the fans don’t really know or people outside of the building don’t really know me, right? So they only can go off of what they hear. So when they hear I’m holding out ’cause I [want] more money, they’re not really understanding what I’m doing or why I’m doing it. That’s the only thing that kind of frustrates me a little bit. But when people talk about me and say I made a bad decision, it doesn’t bother me at all ’cause I know what I was trying to do, and they’re not understanding what I was doing, or why I was doing it.

Q: What do you think the public perception of you is?
A: You got some people who love it. And then you got people, I see on Twitter, “Oh, you’re so dumb for walking away from this amount of money.” I think it’s like divided. I just started really understanding that I can’t really make everybody happy. I can’t satisfy everybody. I kind of look at LeBron James, he’s one of my people I kind of idolize, and I see how he moves and how he wins, and there’s still people who don’t like him. Even though he’s done nothing wrong, but it’s like people just don’t like him because … they don’t want to like him.
I'm glad he mentioned Lebron. Good. Learn from him. Lebron was childish early in his career. It's fine to leave Cleveland but the way he did it was horrible. Then he went into Miami and goofed off, undermined his coaches, then showboated his way to a series loss vs. Dallas. After that series he grew up in a big way.

The fans may not know him, but his teammates do. And they were furious with him in Pittsburgh. I'm fine with his explanation here as long as he uses it as a lesson, not an excuse. In NY, he started off right away by undermining his coaches on Twitter and skipping workouts to be with his new team. He didn't learn anything. I trust this time he has.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:12 PM 10-21-2020
Its pretty obvious at the this point in time if dude ****ed your mom, your wife, your sister, and your daughter, you wouldn't have an issue with it. :-)
:-)

Seriously. I expected better from you that this ridiculous tripe. Honestly.

I had plenty of issues with the thought of signing Bell but none of them surrounded his character in the locker room or the potential of being a cancer.

I was more concerned about the contract and whether he'd get the ball enough for his liking, both of which were handled marvelously by Veach and Reid.

I think you're confusing my enthusiasm the other day, posting memes and pushing 1000 posts, with REALLY wanting Bell. The reality is that I didn't really care, but was more than willing to bring him on if the money and fit was right.

He will 99.9% likely be fine in KC this year but you act like dude doesn't have a reputation. Perception is reality in most people's minds. Its just like Detox said, his UPS guy has that perception. Damn near every Chiefs and NFL fan I know who text me after he signed in KC has that perception. It exist for a reason.

And the truth is it doesn't matter in the end.Its just opinions.
I never said he didn't have a reputation. I said he doesn't DESERVE the reputation he's gotten from a lot of people. That's my opinion.

I know the average NFL fan absolutely doesn't relate to millionaire athletes and billionaire owners but what can you expect - the average NFL fan isn't very smart.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:16 PM 10-21-2020
He used his leverage to fuck himself and the Steelers if you want to boil it down to the truth. He didnt get paid as much as the Steelers offered in the end and he wasn't on the team in a season they needed him.

Now he has to play a part time roll for another team and hope he gets a decent payday next year. Big gamble yet again.
Who EVER said he didn't screw himself? It's a pretty well-known fact that he sat out and ended up losing money in the deal. Not only that but he ended up on a shit team.

That doesn't make him a "locker room cancer". Is he selfish? Fucking right he is. Sometimes these guys HAVE to be because God knows the teams don't care about them other than what $$$ they can wring out of them.

And for the record, it doesn't even matter if he was a problem in Pittsburgh. The issue is whether or not he'll be an issue HERE, in KC. There's a bunch of people here that are calling him a problem, present tense. That's the real perception that I, and others are fighting.

There's absolutely NOTHING to suggest the guy has a problem now, or ever had a problem then, that wasn't directly related to his contract and the franchise tag.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:22 PM 10-21-2020
Its pretty obvious at the this point in time if dude ****ed your mom, your wife, your sister, and your daughter, you wouldn't have an issue with it. :-)

Billay will blow your mom
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:23 PM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Who EVER said he didn't screw himself? It's a pretty well-known fact that he sat out and ended up losing money in the deal. Not only that but he ended up on a shit team.

That doesn't make him a "locker room cancer". Is he selfish? ****ing right he is. Sometimes these guys HAVE to be because God knows the teams don't care about them other than what $$$ they can wring out of them.

And for the record, it doesn't even matter if he was a problem in Pittsburgh. The issue is whether or not he'll be an issue HERE, in KC. There's a bunch of people here that are calling him a problem, present tense. That's the real perception that I, and others are fighting.

There's absolutely NOTHING to suggest the guy has a problem now, or ever had a problem then, that wasn't directly related to his contract and the franchise tag.
You can immediately stop respecting/listening to anyone who mentions the word "cancer" regarding Bell. It's lazy and it's uninformed.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:23 PM 10-21-2020
I mean come on, there's people here comparing him to Antonio Brown.

Brown started his BS AFTER he got paid, forced his way out of Pittsburgh, got cut in New England because he shot his load on someone without asking first, and then got booted out of Oakland for fighting with the GM. (Maybe I got the order wrong there, was Oakland first? It's hard to keep track with Brown).

Does Bell have a bad rep? Sure. But in what fucking universe is he even close to Antonio Brown?
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:28 PM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I mean come on, there's people here comparing him to Antonio Brown.

Brown started his BS AFTER he got paid, forced his way out of Pittsburgh, got cut in New England because he shot his load on someone without asking first, and then got booted out of Oakland for fighting with the GM. (Maybe I got the order wrong there, was Oakland first? It's hard to keep track with Brown).

Does Bell have a bad rep? Sure. But in what ****ing universe is he even close to Antonio Brown?
I have no doubt Bell gets thrown into the same pot as Brown by the average fan.
[Reply]
Coach 09:13 PM 10-21-2020
I have no doubt Bell gets thrown into the same pot as Brown by the average fan.
And that's why the average fan is wrong. Bell has not even come close to the dumbassery that Brown has done.
[Reply]
Page 61 of 67
« First < 11515758596061 62636465 > Last »
Up