ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 67
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>BREAKING: Le'Veon Bell to the Chiefs
Dante84 04:39 PM 10-15-2020

Kansas City, #ChiefsKingdom, thank you for the opportunity ���� let’s go! pic.twitter.com/6aEY9GaoA7

— Le'Veon Bell (@LeVeonBell) October 15, 2020

pic.twitter.com/mVVZ7KQULX

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) October 15, 2020

[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:52 PM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by Coach:
I rather have a 70-80% Bell over a 100% Williams or Thompson one way another.

Clyde can't play every down, and he's going to need a breather here and there.

I would also say that Bell does make a good slot receiver if needed. I would also argue that Bell is a good insurance policy, should (god forbid) something happen to Clyde.

If Bell decides to go all Terrell Owens and being a attention whore/prima donna, then the Chiefs can just cut him with minimal cap charge.

This is a very low risk, high reward type of move.
I won't argue with any of that.
[Reply]
RustShack 06:52 PM 10-15-2020
I’d rather trot Bell out there on third down than Williams. Win win
[Reply]
Red Dawg 06:53 PM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
How many LB'ers can cover Clyde?

I mean Bell's a good receiving back, but is he really BETTER at that than Clyde?

It's cool, I ain't mad about it, because we didn't have to pay and arm and a leg for him. And it keeps him away from teams that could use him to hurt us in January.

I just think he's kind of an odd fit. Bad fit as a runner stylistically, but good receiving back, which Andy can always use. It's cool, I just think it's kind of weird.

But I ain't mad about it. I'm not picking this hill to die on.

I sure would feel better if we had signed a starting quality OG or TWO.
Where exactly are the starting guards we can sign? I wish we could do that as well.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 06:54 PM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by RustShack:
I’d rather trot Bell out there on third down than Williams. Win win
F'ing bingo.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:55 PM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I sure would feel better if we had signed a starting quality OG or TWO.
You can only sign people that are available. Are you aware of any former Pro Bowl offensive guards that were not only cut by their team but still being paid by said team?

Championship teams make moves of opportunity. You don't pass up talent just because you may have bigger needs elsewhere.
[Reply]
Coach 06:55 PM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Where exactly are the starting guards we can sign? I wish we could do that as well.
There aren't any available. Offensive Linemen are a premium right now because of multiple factors involving the opt-outs and the covid-19 situation.

If the Chiefs want to get a guard or a center, likely they'll need to poach off from some other teams practice squad, but that's unlikely, because those guys on the other team's practice squad aren't any good or just too raw.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:56 PM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by Coach:
There aren't any available. Offensive Linemen are a premium right now because of multiple factors involving the opt-outs and the covid-19 situation.

If the Chiefs want to get a guard or a center, likely they'll need to poach off from some other teams practice squad, but that's unlikely, because those guys on the other team's practice squad aren't any good or just too raw.
Yep.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:56 PM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Listen I'm not bitching about the signing.

I think he's a weird fit as a runner. Good receiving back, so that's cool. He was inexpensive, so no big deal. Plus, it keeps him away from other contenders, like Pittsburgh, or Tennessee, or Vegas, or Baltimore.

So it's all good. No worries. It's not a situation where we got Bell so now we can't sign an Offensive lineman.

No big deal. I'm surprised, but I ain't mad about it.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:56 PM 10-15-2020
Andy will have him line up in the slot or wide plenty. Hell, he might have him line up as the TE2 sometimes. Sure as shit he's a better receiver than any TE2 we've been trotting out there this season so far.

He might not significantly improve the stats so far as the running game is concerned, but that's more about the state of our OL than any issues Bell might have. But he's going to be a big problem for opposing defenses in the passing game. I doubt there's a LB that can cover him.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 06:57 PM 10-15-2020
Osemele may not be done this year......

This dude @KOseven0 is relentless.#Chiefs | #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/R4zvesuVYk

— Arrowhead Live (@ArrowheadLive) October 16, 2020

[Reply]
htismaqe 06:58 PM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Andy will have him line up in the slot or wide plenty. Hell, he might have him line up as the TE2 sometimes. Sure as shit he's a better receiver than any TE2 we've been trotting out there this season so far.

He might not significantly improve the stats so far as the running game is concerned, but that's more about the state of our OL than any issues Bell might have. But he's going to be a big problem for opposing defenses in the passing game. I doubt there's a LB that can cover him.
Cover him with a DB and see what happens. :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 06:59 PM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:

Lol wut?

Where does is say that at?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:00 PM 10-15-2020
The line wasn’t full of world beaters last year. They’ll be fine if they aren’t ravaged by injuries.

Just need to get that short passing game rolling to take some of the pressure off.
[Reply]
carcosa 07:00 PM 10-15-2020
I bet Andy and Eric have already drawn up 20 insane plays for Bell
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:00 PM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:

I would be shocked. But I would go to church twice a week, heck, twice on Sunday, if he came back before the end of the season.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 67
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Up