ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Do you have Martin Luther King Day off at work?
Yes 51 45.13%
No 60 53.10%
No but I have Columbus Day off 2 1.77%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Do you have Martin Luther King day off at work?
BWillie 06:20 PM 01-15-2021
Simple pohl. Not meant to be political. Just trying to see how many folks have it off.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 07:39 AM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I can’t wait until Juneteenth is a holiday.
The whole country would have to teach about Juneteenth more if this was the case. I don’t see our public schooling system going through that much trouble to educate the kids about that ugly part of our nations history.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 07:48 AM 01-16-2021
Now that I'm semi retired and work from home, yes. My last boss had a very creative way of telling us why he didn't observe the MLK day. I can't repeat it here because I don't want a perma ban
[Reply]
kc rush 08:05 AM 01-16-2021
This is our first year of doing it. Changes happened due to things best left for another forum.
[Reply]
keg in kc 08:19 AM 01-16-2021
I get Thanksgiving and Christmas, nothing else.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:21 AM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
The whole country would have to teach about Juneteenth more if this was the case. I don’t see our public schooling system going through that much trouble to educate the kids about that ugly part of our nations history.
they will only teach part of it
[Reply]
DanBecky 08:41 AM 01-16-2021
USPS. Everyone else is off here but I’m coming in for a couple hours.
[Reply]
keg in kc 08:50 AM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I can’t wait until Juneteenth is a holiday.
I had never heard of Juneteenth until last year. Yeah, yeah, I know, I know. I'm a middle-aged white guy in Kansas. Who was married to.a black woman, and close with her family for 8 years. Never even heard the word "Juneteenth" until 2020.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 09:02 AM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I had never heard of Juneteenth until last year. Yeah, yeah, I know, I know. I'm a middle-aged white guy in Kansas. Who was married to.a black woman, and close with her family for 8 years. Never even heard the word "Juneteenth" until 2020.
It’s crazy when you grow up and realize the amount of huge pieces of our history completely hidden in text books. It’s almost as if they’ve tried keeping people from knowing anything about it.

[Reply]
stevieray 09:06 AM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I'm a middle-aged white guy .
your race is so important.

glad you mentioned it.
[Reply]
bdj23 09:15 AM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by hometeam:
I get thanksgiving day, christmas day. Thats it.
Jfc

We work too damn much in this country.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 09:18 AM 01-16-2021
Yes. Also get Presidents’ Day and Good Friday off. Thought those 2 were kind of odd when I joined my company.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:25 AM 01-16-2021
It’s crazy when you grow up and realize the amount of huge pieces of our history completely hidden in text books. It’s almost as if they’ve tried keeping people from knowing anything about it.
There is just too much to cram in a book and even years of education.

What makes it worse-is when states try to do state history/social studies/humanities standards; everyone tries to get their agenda in. Even with 12 years of education there is not enough time to teach all of it.

Minnesota has never had a social studies standardized test. it would have to be 400 questions.
[Reply]
Graystoke 09:29 AM 01-16-2021
Yes.
Got big plans, going to take the cat to the vet to get neutered.
[Reply]
prhom 09:39 AM 01-16-2021
Yes, my company gives us MLK AND Columbus Day off. One year we also had the day off for Rosh Hashana. An eclectic mix of holidays to be sure.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 09:50 AM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
There is just too much to cram in a book and even years of education.

What makes it worse-is when states try to do state history/social studies/humanities standards; everyone tries to get their agenda in. Even with 12 years of education there is not enough time to teach all of it.

Minnesota has never had a social studies standardized test. it would have to be 400 questions.
That’s it. Just not enough time. When they were getting down to the nitty gritty of our nations history they decided George Washington’s cherry tree being cut had way more significance to our history as a nation than Juneteenth, the Tulsa race massacre, Japanese concentration camps, Etc...

I mean we can’t tell a lie after all so why not just try to erase it so we won’t have to.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up