ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 13
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>1/15/21 Injuries: Gay, Watkins OUT - CEH, Yelder QUESTIONABLE
Dante84 01:06 PM 01-15-2021

Andy Reid said Willie Gay (left ankle) & Sammy Watkins (calf) are out for Sunday's game against the Browns.

Clyde Edwards-Helaire (left ankle) & Deon Yelder (groin) are questionable.

— Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) January 15, 2021

[Reply]
notorious 06:27 PM 01-15-2021
Hammy Twatkins is pissing me off.
[Reply]
KCJake 06:30 PM 01-15-2021
Watkins takin all this shit. Guy isn't even playing :-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:33 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by KCJake:
I'm going to assume you meant "talking." Not "taking."

But I don't understand "all this shit." As far as I know, he posted one (1!!!) comment?

Is one comment enough to start bawling "all this shit"? Or are we just CP-overreacting here again?
[Reply]
IrishChief 06:37 PM 01-15-2021
Dudes are bitching about Sammy not putting in any effort to be ready to play, how much effort can you put into healing an injury??? And no one knows the extent of the calf injury ffs
[Reply]
notorious 06:38 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by IrishChief:
Dudes are bitching about Sammy not putting in any effort to be ready to play, how much effort can you put into healing an injury??? And no one knows the extent of the calf injury ffs
He's been a broke-dick his entire career.

This is when we really need him, he needs to be on the fucking field.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:38 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by IrishChief:
WELCOME TO CP!!!! :-):-)
[Reply]
-King- 06:40 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
His history is what it is, how much benefit of the doubt is he due at this point?

At best he is sandbagging, holding himself out to get at whatever he considers 100% so he can have a big game in the biggest moment

And if its not that, then he's just a straight up walking talking injury waiting to happen who we need to move on from... either way its time to cast an eye towards his replacement
I think he's just an injury prone guy. Some guys are like that. Just either getting injured or rehabbing and injury. I don't think he's missing a playoff game by choice lol.
[Reply]
Halfcan 06:42 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by KCJake:
Whose shit did he take?
[Reply]
-King- 06:43 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
GOD DAMN IT SAMMY

I'm with Nick Wright. Trade our #32 for Odell.
Hell no lol. If we're going to use a draft pick, I'd rather just draft one.

And OBJ is likely going to be released anyway. We can pick him up in FA.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:44 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
I think he's just an injury prone guy. Some guys are like that. Just either getting injured or rehabbing and injury. I don't think he's missing a playoff game by choice lol.
Have to agree. When he became a Chief, I was really hoping that he would turn a corner health-wise. And after last season when he missed just 3 games, I was pretty hopeful about this season. But it seems he's just one of those guys that can't stay healthy. His legs are just not able to put up with the NFL grind. It sucks, but it's not unusual.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 06:55 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Have to agree. When he became a Chief, I was really hoping that he would turn a corner health-wise. And after last season when he missed just 3 games, I was pretty hopeful about this season. But it seems he's just one of those guys that can't stay healthy. His legs are just not able to put up with the NFL grind. It sucks, but it's not unusual.
Yeah, we know what we've got, pretty unfortunate hes not available when we want him most. Personally, I don't think he should take up a roster slot if you can't rely on him to survive a dink to the leg and not have to rehab it for 4 weeks, but that's just me.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:56 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
GOD DAMN IT SAMMY

I'm with Nick Wright. Trade our #32 for Odell.
:-)

Yeah, the Chiefs should trade one problem for another.

Good fucking grief.
[Reply]
stevieray 07:00 PM 01-15-2021
Strained/pulled calf muscles hurt like hell and can linger.

Crappy timing.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 07:03 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
When do we start the “Sammy Watkins ****ing sucks” thread?
I didn't realize those threads had ever stopped. I guess there must have been a brief period after the Super Bowl?
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:08 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
Yeah, we know what we've got, pretty unfortunate hes not available when we want him most. Personally, I don't think he should take up a roster slot if you can't rely on him to survive a dink to the leg and not have to rehab it for 4 weeks, but that's just me.
It depends. In the last three years I popped the same tendon in both my calves. The left one was a lot more serious than the right one, and it took 4 months to heal. Of course, I was never an elite athlete, and I was 48 years old when the first one happened, not 26 and a world-class athlete. But my rehab guy told me that it was normal for even young athletes to take up to 6 weeks to heal from the exact same injury to that skinny muscle that runs between the two larger ones in your calf.

The right one took 4-5 weeks as I recall, because I obviously didn't tear it nearly as much, and I was 51. If Sammy popped the same muscle (not saying that's what happened), in about the same way I did my right one, it could still take 4+ weeks to recover. Thing is, when you pop that muscle, you can't push off at all. So forget running, jumping, or even changing direction. It feels like someone stuck you in the calf with a red-hot needle, about 4 inches deep.

But again, we don't know which of the three muscles in his calf he strained/injured, so it's kind of moot.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 13
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up