ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 13
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>1/15/21 Injuries: Gay, Watkins OUT - CEH, Yelder QUESTIONABLE
Dante84 01:06 PM 01-15-2021

Andy Reid said Willie Gay (left ankle) & Sammy Watkins (calf) are out for Sunday's game against the Browns.

Clyde Edwards-Helaire (left ankle) & Deon Yelder (groin) are questionable.

— Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) January 15, 2021

[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 03:13 PM 01-15-2021
They've had three gameless weeks to practice his absence
[Reply]
Warrick 03:28 PM 01-15-2021
4 weeks to get healthy Watkins... A whole month with a calf injury? You pussy! And you talked shit about the other team? GFY
[Reply]
stevieray 03:31 PM 01-15-2021
well that sucks, also going to miss his blocking in the run game.
[Reply]
thabear04 03:33 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Fenton too?

Fenton was hurt during the Chargers game both of his ankles.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:36 PM 01-15-2021
I do worry about the fact that our offense always seems to struggle a bit when Sammy isn't out there, but SURELY we can handle the Browns without him.
[Reply]
Warrick 03:40 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I do worry about the fact that our offense always seems to struggle a bit when Sammy isn't out there, but SURELY we can handle the Browns without him.
I hope they don't have this mindset going into this game, we need to rip some faces off heh
[Reply]
kevrunner 03:43 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by IrishChief:
Did CEH practice today?
No, CEH missed his 2nd straight day
[Reply]
DaFace 03:49 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by kevrunner:
No, CEH missed his 2nd straight day
I'm gonna guess that he's active but they don't actually play him unless guys go down.
[Reply]
dirk digler 04:06 PM 01-15-2021
Sounds like he will play

Andy Reid said Clyde Edwards-Helaire looked fine during Wednesday's practice. Reid said the Chiefs just want to give Edwards-Helaire as much time & rest as possible ahead of Sunday's game. Sounds like Edwards-Helaire is going to be a true game-time decision.

— Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) January 15, 2021

[Reply]
kevrunner 04:08 PM 01-15-2021
I'm gonna guess that he's active but they don't actually play him unless guys go down.
That’s what I’m thinking too, in case of emergency break glass.
[Reply]
old_geezer 04:17 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by kevrunner:
That’s what I’m thinking too, in case of emergency break glass.
But Watkins is already broken.
[Reply]
TEX 04:19 PM 01-15-2021
I worry. Deal is we can make up his production in the passing game, it's his downfield blocking we can't make up for.
[Reply]
TEX 04:20 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
well that sucks, also going to miss his blocking in the run game.
EXACTLY my man. :-)
[Reply]
TEX 04:22 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
DRob and Hardman have been unimpressive this season. Hardman has about the same yards as last season, but with 15 more targets and 20 more completions this year. So, his YPC are way down. Last year, he had 4 40+ yard plays. This year, he's had 1, which occurred in week 3 against the Ravens. DRob is about the same guy he was last year, but his YPC are also down and he's ****ing knucklehead.

Sammy's numbers just keep getting more and more pedestrian every year. He has games where he's shines a lot, but then disappears and/or is injured. Completely unreliable. He was HUGE in the Playoffs last year, but was damn near invisible in the 7 games leading up to the Playoffs . In those last 7 reg season games, he only had one game over 50 yards receiving zero TD's. In his last seven games he played this year, he had 2 games over 50 yards and 1 TD. Those numbers are all pretty replaceable. I mean, if we could have healthy/productive Playoff Sammy Watkins, then hell yeah, sign me up again. But, if he's missing Playoff Games....yeah, it's time to go!
IMO, It's time regardless.
[Reply]
TEX 04:23 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Watkins tried to play through his foot injury early in his career and it caused more damage and he had issues with it for several years.

After that he became a guy that doesn't play through injuries, if it doesn't feel right he doesn't go.
Yep. A real TEAM player.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 13
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up