ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 32
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Houston hires Nick Caserio to be GM
Mecca 06:38 PM 01-05-2021
More New England trash, these teams will never learn.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:24 AM 01-06-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Why would a good head coach hire a bad offensive coordinator?
Favoritism. The NFL recycles retreads all the time, how is this even a question?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:29 AM 01-06-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He started his career under Saban at Michigan State. He's part of the Belichik good old boy network. He's a Patriot Way jag off.

And as far as tailoring his offense, it's far more about Allen maturing than it is about Daboll doing anything right. Their offense was horrible last year.
The offense you see now started in Allen's rookie year. It was completely made after Allen got injured where Daboll turned it into "One Read and if that's covered Run".

That was needed because Allen doing pro-style reading a defense was a DISASTER.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:33 AM 01-06-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Where you have to give credit Daboll is being humble. He has failed at pretty much every stop as an OC prior to Buffalo. He only got another shot in the NFL after going to college and working under Saban.

There it looks like he soaked up the college game and his ideas now include all sorts of modern college concepts that were lacking before.

In Buffalo he was handed a QB with a rocket arm, size, and mobility. But Allen was not going to work in a Tom Brady Patriot offense where it is about fast processing and finding the open guy.

So Daboll created an entirely new offense designed to max out Allen and hide his weaknesses (processing the field, throwing with anticipation, knowing what to do post snap).

That's really what teams should look for now. Not someone that preaches a system and tries to jam the QB into it. Someone that will build around their QB and make them successful.
I think so. But everyone thought the same for Bill O'Brien when he went to Penn state. A bellichick stooge like Caserio could be an enabler that reverts daboll back to the same patriot way habits. He may have some hope if he goes his own way. But feel like with Caserio and Pioli lurking he will get sucked back in.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:38 AM 01-06-2021
The offense you see now started in Allen's rookie year. It was completely made after Allen got injured where Daboll turned it into "One Read and if that's covered Run".

That was needed because Allen doing pro-style reading a defense was a DISASTER.
And despite Daboll's changes, Allen still needed almost a whole season to "get" it.

If he goes to Houston, with Watson, he's going to have carte blanche to go back to his old offense and force it on Watson. The good news for Watson is that he's already familiar with those concept because he's been playing in an E/P offense already.

The bad news for Watson is that Daboll's version of the offense is terrible and the only time he's actually been decent is when he was forced to change the offense to specifically fit the QB.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:39 AM 01-06-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I think so. But everyone thought the same for Bill O'Brien when he went to Penn state. A bellichick stooge like Caserio could be an enabler that reverts daboll back to the same patriot way habits. He may have some hope if he goes his own way. But feel like with Caserio and Pioli lurking he will get sucked back in.
yep
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:44 AM 01-06-2021
And despite Daboll's changes, Allen still needed almost a whole season to "get" it.

If he goes to Houston, with Watson, he's going to have carte blanche to go back to his old offense and force it on Watson. The good news for Watson is that he's already familiar with those concept because he's been playing in an E/P offense already.

The bad news for Watson is that Daboll's version of the offense is terrible and the only time he's actually been decent is when he was forced to change the offense to specifically fit the QB.
Well, Watson and Allen are completely different QB's. So if he just makes Watson run the old Patriots offense, yes, he would fail.

I would think he would create something based on Watson which is great athleticism and lots of deep shots downfield.

The big issue here is Easterby/Caserio. I would not want to walk into that toxic environment.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:49 AM 01-06-2021
Well, Watson and Allen are completely different QB's. So if he just makes Watson run the old Patriots offense, yes, he would fail.

I would think he would create something based on Watson which is great athleticism and lots of deep shots downfield.

The big issue here is Easterby/Caserio. I would not want to walk into that toxic environment.
Why would he tailor an offense for Watson? Watson is a prototypical 2020 QB. He doesn't have the limitations that a guy like Allen has. Daboll only tailored the Bills offense because he HAD to.

As HC of the Texans, working for Caserio, the same checks and balances aren't in place. These guys have HUGE egos. I can totally see him coming in there and expecting Watson to run Daboll's offense the way it is, and only customizing it once things start to go wrong.
[Reply]
O.city 10:55 AM 01-06-2021
Some idiot franchises never learn

Oh well, one less franchise Qb to have to worry about
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:57 AM 01-06-2021
Why would he tailor an offense for Watson? Watson is a prototypical 2020 QB. He doesn't have the limitations that a guy like Allen has. Daboll only tailored the Bills offense because he HAD to.

As HC of the Texans, working for Caserio, the same checks and balances aren't in place. These guys have HUGE egos. I can totally see him coming in there and expecting Watson to run Daboll's offense the way it is, and only customizing it once things start to go wrong.

The NFL never stops amazing me. So if Daboll got promoted to HC based on what he did with Allen and his own mental lesson was not "Mold the offense to fit your QB" then he will be dead man walking.

Watson has elite traits and tools that are different than other QB's. To max out Watson the two guys I thought would be a good fit were Bienemy and Daboll.

Bienemy because Chiefs offense now has lots of attacking vertical concepts that he could tinker with.

Daboll because he would realize he needs 2-3 vertical threats on the field at all times for Watson.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:00 AM 01-06-2021
It's gonna be awesome when they trade JJ Watt for a 3 you know like Pioli did to Tony G.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:04 AM 01-06-2021
The NFL never stops amazing me. So if Daboll got promoted to HC based on what he did with Allen and his own mental lesson was not "Mold the offense to fit your QB" then he will be dead man walking.

Watson has elite traits and tools that are different than other QB's. To max out Watson the two guys I thought would be a good fit were Bienemy and Daboll.

Bienemy because Chiefs offense now has lots of attacking vertical concepts that he could tinker with.

Daboll because he would realize he needs 2-3 vertical threats on the field at all times for Watson.
The E/P offense that Daboll runs CAN feature those vertical threats. In a lot of ways, it depends on the QB. The Patriots offense was much more aggressive in the middle of Brady's tenure, when he was comfortable with the offense but not old. The real problem is that Daboll just isn't good at in-game adjustments and adding wrinkles.

He literally had to make a Josh Allen offense - it's not really even Daboll's offense anymore - to make it work in Buffalo. We'll see if he's willing to do that as a HC but I have my doubts. We've seen way too many of these guys stubbornly refuse when given this type of chance.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:06 AM 01-06-2021
Keep in mind too that Houston's current offense (and the one they had under BOB) is the same base system as Daboll's.

Watson should be able to step right in. The question is whether or not Daboll can elevate the offense to an elite level. Maybe Watson can do it in spite of Daboll.
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:19 AM 01-06-2021
That Texans HC job just became a joke, even with Watson still around

Did they bother to study that horribly talent depleted New England team before deciding to hire their director of player personnel?
[Reply]
Mecca 11:40 AM 01-06-2021

https://t.co/8dF0B1c8TA pic.twitter.com/mRsObHRj6J

— Brett Kollmann (@BrettKollmann) January 6, 2021

The Patriots have drafted literally one Pro Bowler in the last seven years and it's a fucking PUNTER and their team fell apart the second Tom Brady left to go play on a better built roster...but sure yeah let's keep trying to mimic them down in Houston.

We're god damn BRILLIANT.

SLJKJNFGLKSDHFJKDFSN BJKSDBVCSFD KBN SD;LFVVNSDFLK;JVJADKL BFLKDSM VLKASNCDSFMV;LASnc;lsdnvkmsdanclmsdnvladsnfkl;jnsdv;knckl;jnsdf;lgnasljkf;ldsgnlksdamf;ldsanlkcfvsnd m;lfvc https://t.co/Kac1W0G2QJ

Look, I'm not mad about the Caserio hire in a vacuum. I'm sure he can find talent just fine.

I'm mad that his hire ensures that Jack Easterby stays in the organization. THAT is the part I despise.

We failed him https://t.co/cqCcOoQGxC

Brett is not having a good day.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:49 AM 01-06-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
That Texans HC job just became a joke, even with Watson still around

Did they bother to study that horribly talent depleted New England team before deciding to hire their director of player personnel?
I don't know if Nick is smart\good or not but I don't think anyone else knows either because Bill makes all the decisions.

History shows though he will probably suck like all the others.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 32
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up