ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 72
< 12345 67891555 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Most Teams ‘Not Interested’ in Chiefs’ Eric Bieniemy
Mephistopheles Janx 02:37 AM 12-30-2020
https://heavy.com/sports/kansas-city...5-o3CPAb3Zxeek

Originally Posted by :
On a previous episode of the PFN Weekly show, Allbright mentioned that Eric Bieniemy is “a titleholder who relays the play calls in but doesn’t make the play calls very often.”

“Andy Reid’s doing the play calling. Like 99 percent of the time Andy Reid is doing the play calling, he designed the offense, all of that stuff.”

Allbright has also mentioned that Bieniemy’s previous interviews have been poor. These poor interviews have likely caused him to fall out of consideration for certain positions in the past. Allbright mentioned that some teams with vacancies aren’t all that interested in Bieniemy. These historical poor interviews could be a big reason why.

[Reply]
In58men 11:05 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
This.

I've been saying this and shouting this for the past year now.

Playcalling experience. Doesn't. ****ing. Matter. What's the ****ing big deal with it? It doesn't matter how long or complicated your playbook is, because if you know it and your players know it, you can call the ****ing plays. That part of the job isn't ****ing hard, and it's like .5% of what makes a successful head coach.

Play designing matters. Teaching and coaching the plays matters. Leading your players and coaches matters. Changing their lives for the better matters. Knowing how best to use each player's strengths and weaknesses matters.

Playcalling? For ****'s sake, we're getting hung up about ****ing playcalling?

Doug Pederson has won a ****ing Super Bowl and had like half a season of playcalling experience. And of course, the example RunKC provided.

**** this. I'm going to become an NFL owner and ONLY hire offensive coordinators who have never called plays before.
That pitch to Williams on 3rd down was a terrible play call last week.
[Reply]
Spott 11:12 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
This was literally Andy Reid when he became a HC. He was working under Holmgren with Favre as his QB. They were an elite franchise. Didn’t matter then did it?

Josh ****ing McDaniels was under Belichick and Brady and got a job in Denver. What’s worse is the mother****er CHEATED in Denver, got caught and still got offered a job in Indy before he turned it down.

JFC even Urban Meyer is being rumored as a front runner for the Jags job. Why in the ungodly **** is that mother****er even considered for that job with no hesitations or media slander after all the bullshit he’s done? What about his lack of experience in the pro game?

Then you have inexperienced cock suckers like Zac Taylor who had next to no experience in the league and he gets hired bc he jerked off Sean McVay in LA?

This isn’t directed at you but honestly this bullshit is getting old and tired. All these folks listed above didn’t get any scrutiny but EB is. And did you notice that Kafka is getting HC looks per Schefter? Yet we don’t hear about this stuff with him.

It’s complete and utter bullshit
Jacksonville is a college football town first and the Jags have a habit of drafting UF/SEC players to try and get those fans interested in the NFL. All of the gator homers in the area would love if it Urban were hired as the coach.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:19 AM 12-30-2020
The much ballyhooed "Patriot Way" might cause teams to second guess bringing Bieniemy in, if anything. Not a single one of those former Patriot humps has had much of any success (sustained constant success, at the very least) outside of Thomas Dimitroff, and certainly no coach this side of Romeo Crennel. They might feel Bieniemy is a beneficiary of the "Andy Reid Way" because of it, and that's fine with me. Think that of all our young up and coming coaches. Let this coaching group stay together and rape faces for the next decade, I can handle being the team the rest of the league is sick of watching win.
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 11:20 AM 12-30-2020
Not this stuff again!

None of us are at the table during the interview and we have no idea as to what is discussed, answers given etc.

If Andy Reid quit/died or vanished tomorrow, would we be happy with EB as head coach of Chiefs?
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:22 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Saunders was head coach for a short time in San Diego in the mid 80s but he never got to be one again.

Not getting the Colorado job when you are legend, would be a major red flag in my book. But the media would rather play the race card game.
Because Saunders proved to impossible to work with during his short stint in th 80’s. That’s my point.

And yes, the CU stuff concerns a lot of people. It ended up not hurting Vance Joseph but he also wasn’t as intimately involved allegedly.
[Reply]
Pants 11:25 AM 12-30-2020
I love EB and I wish him all the best, I truly do.

I also don't believe this report by a fucking Donk dumbass who is not an actual insider.

However, if EB does not get a head coaching job, do we REALLY think it's because the NFL FOs are racist? I don't buy it.

I am not saying he does this, but if EB walks into an interview and talks in empty clichés the entire time and offers no substance and has no clear plan on how to turn that interviewing franchise around, he is not going to be hired just because he is the OC for the Chiefs.

The interview is everything.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:26 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by In58men:
That pitch to Williams on 3rd down was a terrible play call last week.
And the call came from a guy who's been calling his own plays as a head coach for 22 seasons.

Unless it wasn't Andy. In which case it was Bieniemy. In which case... oh, he DOES have playcalling experience.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:28 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
The much ballyhooed "Patriot Way" might cause teams to second guess bringing Bieniemy in, if anything. Not a single one of those former Patriot humps has had much of any success (sustained constant success, at the very least) outside of Thomas Dimitroff, and certainly no coach this side of Romeo Crennel. They might feel Bieniemy is a beneficiary of the "Andy Reid Way" because of it, and that's fine with me. Think that of all our young up and coming coaches. Let this coaching group stay together and rape faces for the next decade, I can handle being the team the rest of the league is sick of watching win.
Two Andy Reid Way coaches have won Super Bowls.

Only one Patriot Way head coach (O'Brien) has even won a fucking playoff game. And that guy singlehandedly tanked a franchise.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:28 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Two Andy Reid Way coaches have won Super Bowls.

Only one Patriot Way head coach (O'Brien) has even won a fucking playoff game. And that guy singlehandedly tanked a franchise.
I was gonna say...
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:30 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
I would be cautious, too.

How many OCs that had elite QBs on their previous teams ended up being good head coaches?

The trend isn’t helping Coach Bienemy at all.
You know, I'm guessing there is not any higher of failure rate than anyone else.

Pedersen won the Bowl.

Nagy got fucked by a kicker to not go to the NFCCG after the bears being a dumpster fire.

Shanarat Jr. Went to the Bowl.

McVeigh went to the Bowl.

McDermott is an AFC Favorite for the FUCKING BILLS.

Sefanski has the BROWNS relevant. (But they might fuck it off, so I'm open to pushback here)

LeFlour has the Packers with a first round bye (I think they clinched?)

Gruden won a Bowl (Fuck the Faid. I'll take this one off)

Sean Payton won a Bowl and is relevant consistently.

Bottom line is it's pretty hard to be an NFL coach and there is a lot of failure. From everywhere.

Bottom line is there are a TON of things that can derail a franchise, so it's not like, I need to get to work, all I need to do is buy a car.
[Reply]
Brody Wa 11:42 AM 12-30-2020
Will BE take any of the current key members of the Chiefs current staff? If not, I’m happy with a 3rd round draft pick...especially with Veach as our GM.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:34 PM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
He can’t be any worse than guys like Adam Gase or Matt Patricia.
That's complete speculation. His time in Colorado was not good.
[Reply]
notorious 12:36 PM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
That's complete speculation. His time in Colorado was not good.
I’m coming into this oblivious of his time in Boulder. What did he do?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:41 PM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Because Saunders proved to impossible to work with during his short stint in th 80’s. That’s my point.

And yes, the CU stuff concerns a lot of people. It ended up not hurting Vance Joseph but he also wasn’t as intimately involved allegedly.
Vance Joseph actually coordinated a good defense before taking the Broncos job, which may or may not be an indicator of his head coaching abilities because he was given a shit roster and a shit QB.

I've heard his name bandied about in the past couple of weeks because if not for Arizona's defense, that team would be 4-11 instead of 8-7.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:45 PM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
I’m coming into this oblivious of his time in Boulder. What did he do?
Multiple traffic issues, DUI, Recruiting violations, rape allegations (against players, not EB), money, etc.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/1/6...joseph-broncos
[Reply]
redfan 12-30-2020, 12:53 PM
This message has been deleted by redfan. Reason: read the headline wrong
Page 5 of 72
< 12345 67891555 > Last »
Up