ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 211 of 315
« First < 111161201207208209210211 212213214215221261311 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sandbox Simulations is open for business! Sign up now!
Rain Man 04:29 PM 02-24-2019
Not available in stores! Buy now! Special price of only $1 for a limited time only. We're up and running!

Go to www.sandboxsimulations.com to sign up. (You can learn more about the game as well.)

For the time being, we set the price to $1, and we can't limit it to just the game testers, so if you're interested, you'll also get the $1 price. Just sign up.

This is a fresh reset, so everyone will have new teams and we'll do a new draft.

Also, please give us any feedback about what you like or don't like, and how we can improve navigation. We've updated all of the systems, so there's a chance that errors are lurking somewhere, but we think we're good to go now. Let us know if something bad happens to you.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:40 AM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by PHOG:
Woo woo!! The 1st Annual Sandbox Bowl (2018) Champion Tulsa Trojans!!

And to honor our very own KC Chiefs...(I couldn't find a ring with a T on it) :-)

Good game Brett!
:-)
I feel like this somehow makes me even more bummed out.

This is like the Chiefs losing to the Patriots in the AFCCG in '18. I know they would've beaten the Rams had they gotten a shot at them. But they just didn't get the job done.

I know you're supposed to take satisfaction in being beaten by the eventual champion - but not when it's the semi-finals. That just makes you realize how close you were before you shit the bed.

In either event, congrats Phog. I think we can close the book on any 'best division' dialogue. Some serious firepower to deal with there. I noticed you did exactly what I've seen you do in most of your games. 3-3 game and then 3 straight TD drives.

Your boys just strafe teams. And that's a good offense, but they're also oddly inconsistent. You'll get held down for a quarter or more here and there but then pop off 24 points in a 15 minute span and all hell breaks loose. Just a difficult team to deal with - only way to beat you seems to be to force a turnover that stalls that 'run' out before it gets up to speed for you.
[Reply]
Hydrae 09:02 AM 06-03-2020
Well, this was fun. Congrats, Phog on the championship. Now the pressure is on you to repeat.

Looking forward to the next season later this year. Hopefully I can plug a few holes between the draft and FA.
[Reply]
Rukdafaidas 09:27 AM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I feel like this somehow makes me even more bummed out.

This is like the Chiefs losing to the Patriots in the AFCCG in '18. I know they would've beaten the Rams had they gotten a shot at them. But they just didn't get the job done.

I know you're supposed to take satisfaction in being beaten by the eventual champion - but not when it's the semi-finals. That just makes you realize how close you were before you shit the bed.

In either event, congrats Phog. I think we can close the book on any 'best division' dialogue. Some serious firepower to deal with there.
You seem pretty confident that you would have rolled Bentonville in the bowl. You do realize you're 0-1 against Bentonville, right? :-)
[Reply]
Old Dog 09:41 AM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by Rukdafaidas:
You seem pretty confident that you would have rolled Bentonville in the bowl. You do realize you're 0-1 against Bentonville, right? :-)
He's 0-1 against my Mudbugs as well. We just decided to pull a pre-Mahomes Chiefs like performance in the playoffs after going 14-2 in the regular season and only having lost to two playoff teams.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:10 AM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by Old Dog:
He's 0-1 against my Mudbugs as well. We just decided to pull a pre-Mahomes Chiefs like performance in the playoffs after going 14-2 in the regular season and only having lost to two playoff teams.
Yeah, I lost to Bentonville - by 1. And then completely shredded the offensive system after Dak threw for 4.2 YPA....FOUR POINT TWO!! Smith at his worst probably never pulled that off. I was pissed and I think I went on a 5 game winning streak from there.

And the Mudbugs also beat me...by 1. And in that game I was missing both my #1 and #2 CBs, not to mention my #1 and #2 runningbacks. As well as my best defensive lineman (which really screws me up when I don't have any solid blitzing LBs to adjust to it) and my starting G. And yeah, you were missing Ekeler, but not much else. And Carson was your #1 RB who absolutely carried the load for you. Dude went off for 245 total yards and 3 TDs - you think it would've been better had Ekeler been there? I don't imagine he's beating that performance but mostly just taking touches away from it.

Yeah, I was pretty sure I could take ya. Both. Tulsa was the squad that had me worried (and possibly facing Mahomes). And sho 'nuff, he won it.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:14 AM 06-03-2020
I think we can all be pretty confident that if we played the 2018 season 100 times, the Newport Beach Neptunes would be the champions in about 85 of those.

The surprise for Newport was that our defense ended up tops in the league, which was what I was expecting given our draft focus, but the offense actually carried us for half the season while the defense was finding its rhythm. For the first half of the season, I feel like the offense was the more productive unit. Then at the end of the season the defense was rolling and the offense sputtered.
[Reply]
Old Dog 10:15 AM 06-03-2020
Yeah, I was pretty sure I could take ya. Both. Tulsa was the squad that had me worried (and possibly facing Mahomes). And sho 'nuff, he won it.
But when you had your chance, you sho 'nuff didn't......
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:24 AM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by Old Dog:
But when you had your chance, you sho 'nuff didn't......
Chiefs lost to the Titans AND the Texans during the regular season.

How'd that go in the post-season?

I'll let y'all decide who is who.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:26 AM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I think we can all be pretty confident that if we played the 2018 season 100 times, the Newport Beach Neptunes would be the champions in about 85 of those.

The surprise for Newport was that our defense ended up tops in the league, which was what I was expecting given our draft focus, but the offense actually carried us for half the season while the defense was finding its rhythm. For the first half of the season, I feel like the offense was the more productive unit. Then at the end of the season the defense was rolling and the offense sputtered.
I need that draft in a big way.

I think I've focused in on a couple of serious problem areas and one thing I did in this league and the other was stagger contracts well and draft mostly young players (though I took over 4 or 5 rounds in so a couple of picks were made that I'd have never gone with).

Obviously everyone's in the same boat there, though. But I left myself no FA rollover precisely because I intended to keep the roster mostly intact for 3-4 years and supplement with draft picks. I gotta get those right.
[Reply]
Rukdafaidas 10:26 AM 06-03-2020
Yeah, I lost to Bentonville - by 1. And then completely shredded the offensive system after Dak threw for 4.2 YPA....FOUR POINT TWO!! Smith at his worst probably never pulled that off. I was pissed and I think I went on a 5 game winning streak from there.

And the Mudbugs also beat me...by 1. And in that game I was missing both my #1 and #2 CBs, not to mention my #1 and #2 runningbacks. As well as my best defensive lineman (which really screws me up when I don't have any solid blitzing LBs to adjust to it) and my starting G. And yeah, you were missing Ekeler, but not much else. And Carson was your #1 RB who absolutely carried the load for you. Dude went off for 245 total yards and 3 TDs - you think it would've been better had Ekeler been there? I don't imagine he's beating that performance but mostly just taking touches away from it.

coulda, woulda, shoulda. But didn't. 0-2 :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:27 AM 06-03-2020
coulda, woulda, shoulda. But didn't. 0-2 :-)
So you're the Texans? I mean the Mudbugs essentially ran the ball down everyone's throat so I assume they'll pick the Titans in this scenario...
[Reply]
PHOG 10:49 AM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
So what was your secret, Phog?
Well, my offense was never a problem, except during the end of the season what with all the injuries.

The key was making some adjustments for the _efense through the first half of the season. And similar to the Chiefs this year, they came through with some very good games the last half and the playoffs.

So I guess those adjustments payed off. And some luck along the way also.

Thanks everyone for the congrats. :-)
[Reply]
Rukdafaidas 10:49 AM 06-03-2020
So you're the Texans? I mean the Mudbugs essentially ran the ball down everyone's throat so I assume they'll pick the Titans in this scenario...
:-) Actually, I'm the Joplin Red Rockets, but I thought I would try to knock your cockiness down a couple of notches.
The only thing I've learned so far in Sandbox is that I have absolutely no clue what I'm doing or what an outcome of a game is going to be.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:55 AM 06-03-2020
:-) Actually, I'm the Joplin Red Rockets, but I thought I would try to knock your cockiness down a couple of notches.
The only thing I've learned so far in Sandbox is that I have absolutely no clue what I'm doing or what an outcome of a game is going to be.
I feel like I have a pretty good handle on it. I had 3 seasons (2 teams; 1 for only 1 year, IIRC) in V1.0 and I won the bowl and lost in the CG twice. In this setup I lost in the damn CG again and then missed the playoffs at 10-6 in the other league due to tiebreakers.

So in 5 seasons with 4 different squads and largely different strategies, I've never had a season worse than 10-6, have advanced to 3 CGs and won a title.

It's a pretty solid track record. But like I said when this all started back up, we've never REALLY done much that wasn't in the rearview and that sort of ability to predict what players WILL do (rather than gameplan based on what they DID do) is going to separate the wheat from the chaff. I think I'll be okay there, but I truly have no idea. I may really suck at this 3 years from now...
[Reply]
Rukdafaidas 11:23 AM 06-03-2020
I feel like I have a pretty good handle on it. I had 3 seasons (2 teams; 1 for only 1 year, IIRC) in V1.0 and I won the bowl and lost in the CG twice. In this setup I lost in the damn CG again and then missed the playoffs at 10-6 in the other league due to tiebreakers.

So in 5 seasons with 4 different squads and largely different strategies, I've never had a season worse than 10-6, have advanced to 3 CGs and won a title.

It's a pretty solid track record. But like I said when this all started back up, we've never REALLY done much that wasn't in the rearview and that sort of ability to predict what players WILL do (rather than gameplan based on what they DID do) is going to separate the wheat from the chaff. I think I'll be okay there, but I truly have no idea. I may really suck at this 3 years from now...
Pretty good track record, for sure.
This was our first year. We're both definitely happy with how we finished, but I don't think I learned a whole lot on how to get better with game planning. It seemed like whatever changes that I made didn't make much difference in the games.
I did learn how to do better at drafting and free agency, though. Without knowing exactly what was involved in game planning, I didn't know enough about which players to target. For example, I thought that I would focus on a RB that excels at receiving, to go along with Mahomes. Not knowing that I wouldn't be able to game plan how my RB would be used (rushing/receiving) I drafted James White too high.
I had a really good time playing and I'm looking forward to next season.
[Reply]
Page 211 of 315
« First < 111161201207208209210211 212213214215221261311 > Last »
Up