ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 7
1 2345 > Last »
Hall of Classics>Women and Fire Fighters
chris 10:04 PM 11-11-2004
Being recently divorced after 13 years of marriage, I joined eHarmony.com and started emailng with numerous women.

One was pretty cool. After 4 months of emails, I decided to drive 3 hours to have lunch with her.

She was intelligent, witty, blond, and beautiful. WOW.

After lunch we walked around town talking; then passed a fire station. Her 3 yr son was with us and I got the BRIGHT idea to see if a Fire fighter would give us a tour.

This big burly guy said "sure" and proceeded to show us all the trucks and equipment. Fun for all was had.

Since the lunch, we sent emails back & forth planning my next trip for next week.

I'm thinking this is great! Someone like me who hasn't played the game for all these years has hit the jackpot with this wonderful woman.

THEN YESTERDAY, I get a email stating that she and the firefighter had "ran into" each other, and now they want a relationship with each other!! And the email ended with the dreaded words...."I hope we can still be friends".

Moral of the story: On a first date, don't go to a fire station.

:-)
[Reply]
Bowser 10:06 PM 11-11-2004

I mean, that sucks for not hooking up with her. She sounded like she had potential. But,

[Reply]
Rain Man 10:09 PM 11-11-2004
Firemen are overrated. I think it has something to do with those big hoses they carry.
[Reply]
el borracho 10:14 PM 11-11-2004
did you really want to have a 3 hour commute to a new relationship?
[Reply]
morphius 10:16 PM 11-11-2004
Damn! At least you will always be a cute story they talk about when people ask who they met.

Well, that sure didn't help, did it?
[Reply]
el borracho 10:18 PM 11-11-2004
The 3 year old son part just hit me, too. I think Bob Dole has some advice for you.
[Reply]
Skip Towne 10:22 PM 11-11-2004
I'd bet she "ran into" that dude when she went back to the fire station looking for him. Easy come, easy go.
[Reply]
chris 10:27 PM 11-11-2004
Originally Posted by Skip Towne:
I'd bet she "ran into" that dude when she went back to the fire station looking for him. Easy come, easy go.

My compliments to you on your quick analysis.

It took me until about 3 hours ago to figure out that is exactly what had to happen.

You know that the firefighter didn't write her license plate number down, not with a guy and a 3 year old.

At first it was a shock, but now I'm laughing. Better to find out now than after 6 months of road trips.

[Reply]
KcMizzou 10:29 PM 11-11-2004
Originally Posted by chris:
Better to find out now than after 6 months of road trips.

Amen. She just saved you a hell of a lot of trouble.
[Reply]
Skip Towne 10:34 PM 11-11-2004
Originally Posted by chris:
My compliments to you on your quick analysis.

It took me until about 3 hours ago to figure out that is exactly what had to happen.

You know that the firefighter didn't write her license plate number down, not with a guy and a 3 year old.

At first it was a shock, but now I'm laughing. Better to find out now than after 6 months of road trips.

Yeah, I'm just glad you didn't get hurt. I've been at this a long time and my conclusion is women suck. At least most of them do.
[Reply]
Valiant 10:37 PM 11-11-2004
She will be back after the firefighter ****s her and picks up another girl from some guy coming by the firestation for a tour...
[Reply]
go bo 10:39 PM 11-11-2004
Yeah, I'm just glad you didn't get hurt. I've been at this a long time and my conclusion is women suck. At least most of them do.
i'm glad you said "most"...

i've actually been pretty happy with my woman for 25 years and counting...
[Reply]
Skip Towne 10:46 PM 11-11-2004
Originally Posted by go bo:
i'm glad you said "most"...

i've actually been pretty happy with my woman for 25 years and counting...
Yeah, I had a good one for 24 years but she sucked. hehe
[Reply]
go bo 10:50 PM 11-11-2004
Yeah, I had a good one for 24 years but she sucked. hehe
:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Chief Henry 10:51 PM 11-11-2004
Bummer dude, but now you did'nt spend alot of time and $$$ into this relationship. Chalk it up to
one of lifes little surprises.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 7
1 2345 > Last »
Up