ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 40
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Hall of Classics>The Lurker 500
Iowanian 10:43 AM 03-15-2008
Ladies and Gentlemen.

Start your Engines for the Lurker 500.

In this race of planet history, Lurkers, those with less than 100 posts per year of membership are challenged!

Myself, and other tenured members I shall designate will pose comments, statements or questions of Chiefs Planet History. Your job~your Challenge! is to explain the story behind the comment, link it to its originating poster....explain why its relevant or funny. Bonus points awarded for context.

How well do the lurkers know us? How versed are the lurkers in our history?

At the end of this thread, I will donate $20 to Chiefsplanet in the name of the determined winner. The contest will end when I determine the thread/contest has run its course.

Points will be awarded by myself to the first lurker with correct explanation of each event. Bonus points will be given to those with less than 10 total posts.

Tenured posters are allowed to participate in the thread, however until a lurker answers a question...do not give the answer, or anything more than subtle hints on questions that may pose difficulty. Once revealed of the true answer.....feel free to give your take or comment on that moment.
[Reply]
huskerdooz 04:56 PM 03-18-2008
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
What was "the Essex Report"
Brad Essex wrote a "column" for kstatfans.com

I hope I don't piss someone off but if IRCC, he started by posting some trial articles on CP and I may have the wrong planeteer but I thought they were the worst written pieces I had ever read. Sentence structure, syntax, spelling were all God awful.

I believe, Phobia had a prob with Essex getting media credentials or something like that.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:59 PM 03-18-2008
Yeah, kcnut kept pestering the Chiefs for interviews. Amusing.
[Reply]
huskerdooz 05:20 PM 03-18-2008
The next question pertains to an incident involving a mini-mountain of discarded deciduous tree clorophyll conversion devices. How, according to Planet lore might one encourage misguided youth from driving through them? Which planeteer is responsible?
Didn't see if this had been answered or not

Thread link:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=72933

Bwana put 3 giant logs and 5 metal fence posts in his pile of leaves to presumably "to give them weight" presumably "to keep the wind from blowing them away". When the punks in came back for a repeat performance, "There was a God awful noise as their car hit my leaf pile from hell. Nothing like the sound of the underside of a vehicle making contact with steel and large wood logs. It shot logs and steel posts about 40 feet. The punks kept going. I would bet thats the last time the little bastages mess with someones leaf pile."
[Reply]
Logical 05:40 PM 03-18-2008
Originally Posted by Cankerskull:
I think Skip started the "Last person to post on this thread wins" thread. Last I saw it on the main page, it had 11,000+ replies.
:-) Nope only 2481 posts on that thread
[Reply]
Logical 05:42 PM 03-18-2008
Originally Posted by El Barto:
Big Daddy-girly pic thread
Crazycoffee-stupid 10pm thread
Bigredchief-Word association game (??? not sure on that one)
Two of three, the word association game is about 100 posts short of 10K

Based on two people splitting the answer I am awarding 1 point to each of you. Evidently this question was tougher than I imagined.
[Reply]
Logical 05:47 PM 03-18-2008
Originally Posted by Chief Wiggum:
SPchief - The 12:30 Am Thread is the last one right?
Hmmm well I guess this question was tougher than I thought so I will award you 1 point and El Barto 1 point.
[Reply]
huskerdooz 05:50 PM 03-18-2008
[QUOTE=Iowanian;4633105]How many times has skiptowne's house burned?
What is his profession? QUOTE]

2X

Direct TV installer
[Reply]
Skip Towne 05:51 PM 03-18-2008
Originally Posted by Skip Towne:
One of the few I don't know is who went to prison then came back.
Nobody knows this one?
[Reply]
Dartgod 05:56 PM 03-18-2008
Originally Posted by Skip Towne:
Nobody knows this one?
I don't know who it is.
[Reply]
Dartgod 05:58 PM 03-18-2008
Here's another classic thread topic...

A long time poster encountered a Native American with a bag of weed at a gas station and turned him in to the authorities. Who is the poster and what was his username changed to as a result. (2 points)

I'm a little foggy on this one so any old-timers please feel free to fill in the details.
[Reply]
Huffmeister 06:01 PM 03-18-2008
Originally Posted by Ill-Logical:
:-) Nope only 2481 posts on that thread
So close! I was only off by 8000 posts!

Maybe I should go post in that thread 8,000 times, then I'll have over 8,000 posts AND get the point!
[Reply]
Iowanian 06:59 PM 03-18-2008
hint. Miata.

+2 huskerdooz
Skip is indeed a satellite guy and has had 2 house fires that I know of, one about a year or maybe 2 ago. Poor old bastard.

+1 The Essex View was indeed written by our own Kcnut and brought a lot of entertainment and advice. It was a staple of CP for a while and entertaining if nothing else.

+1 "Classless and Deranged" indeed was a column by bobgretz regarding Greg Robinson's termination and the reaction by fans. The comments sparked significant comment to him by CP members including myself, and I recieved 2 snotty replies, including 1 that said I "needed help".

Nice work.
[Reply]
huskerdooz 07:06 PM 03-18-2008
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
Name the planteer that was falsely accused of wearing pink socks in a golf outing ? But the joke took off and became a fun topic for several days.

Phobia was accused of wearing pink socks while playing golf at the
1st Annual 37 Forever Golf Classic in September 2001 because of the way a photo turned out.
[Reply]
Dartgod 07:10 PM 03-18-2008
Originally Posted by huskerdooz:
Phobia was accused of wearing pink socks while playing golf at the
1st Annual 37 Forever Golf Classic in September 2001 because of the way a photo turned out.
For one bonus point, who was the former Chiefs player who appeared and played in that tournament?
[Reply]
huskerdooz 07:18 PM 03-18-2008
Arby's and roast beef were specifically used to represent something on a famous person.
Arby's and roast beef were used to describe Brittany's meat curtains?
[Reply]
Page 27 of 40
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Up