ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2136 of 3903
« First < 1136163620362086212621322133213421352136 213721382139214021462186223626363136 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 11:57 AM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Dumbass post has already been discussed. Old news from March which was mostly used as a measure to stop people from hoarding masks from front line workers and because at that time it was believed COVID-19 was more of a surface virus.

It's also been shown in the past month that this is more of an airborne transmission than a surface transmission like previously thought. Masks help stop the spread of the airborne virus if the person wearing it were contagious.
another dumb **** that didn't actually read the article ......good job, lew

See today is May 21. Yesterday was May 20. tomorrow will be May 22. The linked article with the tweet in it was posted yesterday. Do I need to explain how a calendar works to you?
[Reply]
Monticore 11:57 AM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Why do you post information from nearly three months ago as if our understanding hasn't changed?
In general people still don't understand though.
[Reply]
Monticore 11:58 AM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
another dumb **** that didn't actually read the article ......good job, lew

See today is May 21. Yesterday was May 20th. The linked article with the tweet in it was posted yesterday. Do I need to explain how a calendar works to you?
Mask still help people who are infected from launching it through the fucking air does it not?
[Reply]
petegz28 11:59 AM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
In general none of you actually read the article. The tweet was embedded in the article as part of a timeline.

But none of you perfect people actually bothered to read it so you wouldn't know that. Just saw pictures and went off....
[Reply]
petegz28 12:00 PM 05-21-2020
Mask still help people who are infected from launching it through the ****ing air does it not?
Read the article.
[Reply]
lewdog 12:00 PM 05-21-2020
May 20th was 3 months ago?
The main message from that article is that mask wearers shouldn't feel like they're invincible because they are wearing a mask. This is correct as it likely isn't super protective in your ability to not contract the virus. It is, however, important for people to be wearing a mask if they are contagious. Since many are asymptomatic, mask wearing is still VERY important.

Here's how the article ends, which is a great takeaway.

Originally Posted by :
The message she thinks people should take from face masks is: "Don't count on it."

"Don't spend any time close to people," she said. "Don't stop the distancing."

[Reply]
DaFace 12:02 PM 05-21-2020
This whole thing has to be terribly disheartening to people in public health. These days, it's not just a matter of saying "Here's the optimal advice we can give based on the evidence we have." You have to consider how much what you say will cause people to freak out and hoard supplies that are needed by hospitals. You have to consider what tiny pieces of the information you provide will be misconstrued and twisted to mean something else. You have to hedge on everything (often to the point of not giving the advice you feel is best) because you know that anything you say that ends up being different than reality in the future will be used by people to point and say that you can't be trusted. And then you have to consider that just about anything you recommend that causes the tiniest bit of inconvenience for people might be blown up to the point that people are literally getting shot because of it.

I can't imagine how they keep going every day.
[Reply]
petegz28 12:02 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
The main message from that article is that mask wearers shouldn't feel like they're invincible because they are wearing a mask. This is correct as it likely isn't super protective in your ability to not contract the virus. It is, however, important for people to be wearing a mask if they are contagious. Since many are asymptomatic, mask wearing is still VERY important.

Here's how the article ends, which is a great takeaway.
You didn't even read it so what the fuck would you know about the main message? Dumb ass.
[Reply]
Monticore 12:02 PM 05-21-2020
Read the article.
condoms aren't 100 % effective so why bother wearing them.
[Reply]
petegz28 12:05 PM 05-21-2020
Nice try......just admit you went off without reading first. It's okay. Several of you did and now you're all trying to make yourself feel smart about doing sucha stupid thing.
[Reply]
Donger 12:05 PM 05-21-2020
Nice try......just admit you went off without reading first. It's okay. Several of you did and now you're all trying to make yourself feel smart about doing sucha stupid thing.
Have you been wearing a mask recently, pete?
[Reply]
DaFace 12:06 PM 05-21-2020
I'm not sure why we bother debating Pete on this one at this point. He's clearly convinced that no one should be wearing them because all they do is make us sicker. The conclusions of pretty much every public health agency out there aren't enough to convince him, so I don't think anything will.

I guess the answer to a virus that has been proven to be primarily transmitted through the air through person-to-person contact is to do nothing.
[Reply]
Monticore 12:06 PM 05-21-2020
This whole thing has to be terribly disheartening to people in public health. These days, it's not just a matter of saying "Here's the optimal advice we can give based on the evidence we have." You have to consider how much what you say will cause people to freak out and hoard supplies that are needed by hospitals. You have to consider what tiny pieces of the information you provide will be misconstrued and twisted to mean something else. You have to hedge on everything (often to the point of not giving the advice you feel is best) because you know that anything you say that ends up being different than reality in the future will be used by people to point and say that you can't be trusted. And then you have to consider that just about anything you recommend that causes the tiniest bit of inconvenience for people might be blown up to the point that people are literally getting shot because of it.

I can't imagine how they keep going every day.
It is a fine line giving enough info to have the patient be concerned enough to take precautions and not inducing panic or dismissing it all together, in the end they blame you anyways for not giving enough or giving too much.
[Reply]
petegz28 12:06 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Have you been wearing a mask recently, pete?
Not playing the Donger today, sorry.
[Reply]
petegz28 12:08 PM 05-21-2020
I'm not sure why we bother debating Pete on this one at this point. He's clearly convinced that no one should be wearing them because all they do is make us sicker. The conclusions of pretty much every public health agency out there aren't enough to convince him, so I don't think anything will.

I guess the answer to a virus that has been proven to be primarily transmitted through the air through person-to-person contact is to do nothing.
Clearly you went off before you read the article and now can't admit it but want to go on as if you did and now want to put words in my mouth as you have a tendency to do (as has been pointed out by multiple people) so you can then argue about something I didn't say and make yourself feel good about doing something dumb in the first place.

I never what you claim but please go on....

And you obviously still haven't read the article
[Reply]
Page 2136 of 3903
« First < 1136163620362086212621322133213421352136 213721382139214021462186223626363136 > Last »
Up