ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1533 of 3903
« First < 533103314331483152315291530153115321533 153415351536153715431583163320332533 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bwana 09:53 AM 04-20-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
That seems a bit shitty to me. My sister-in-law works for a vet in Colorado, and they're still open. They've changed how they operate a bit (owners stay outside for example), but vets are pretty critical services IMO.
Yeah, you won't get an argument from me there.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:55 AM 04-20-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
I'm not giving advice to restaurant owners. Don't take that post the wrong way. I was merely pointing out that until a vaccine comes out there's not much that can be done for restaurants but once it does come out they should be able to bounce back based on everything I have read from economic experts.

Obviously there's a ton of variables here but I'm sure Trump and his economic team are thinking about how to help small business owners in all industries right now. It's an unfortunate situation of course but what can you do... Sometimes you just gotta roll with the punches
I think that a month from now, most states are going to find a way to re-open restaurants and other "non-essential" businesses.

At first it will no doubt be a clunky experience for both customers/business owners/staff... i.e. restaurants will have to space tables out more, staff/customers wearing masks, paper menus, maximum allowable group sizes at tables, etc., but people will adjust and a return to more normal operating procedures will be gradually phased in over the summer.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:56 AM 04-20-2020
I had one of my dogs come up lame right after their run on Saturday and assumed he twisted something. After looking closer, he had either gotten a object stuck in there at some point, or somehow got a cut, but it was infected and very swollen. I called the vet and was told "we are not seeing pets until further notice, not until the Rona subsides."

I told her I had been draining it and cleaning it, (all kinds of nasty came out of there) but wanted an antibiotic as a preventive measure. Her reply "We have to see the dog in order to do that." I was like WTF? She has seen the dog over a dozen times and just told me they were not seeing animals.

At one point, I did all my own medical stuff for my dogs and horses as far as wounds and shots, so that's what I'm doing. It's not my first rodeo with something like this. It turns out dogs are also prescribed azithromycin, so I just had to adjust the dose for his weight.

If I didn't have that on hand, I would have just headed down to the local ag store, Western Ranch Supply in this case and picked up a bottle of penicillin and some syringes. The wound is starting to look a lot better, I just have to continue to clean it on a regular basis and keep a close eye on it.

The only other option I had was to take him in to another vet that is taking emergency calls only. I did that once and the bill was $1700 for some basic stuff, no thanks. Nothing like using a sledge hammer to kill an ant.

I feel sorry for people who find themselves in the same situation, without any background in animal care, they are going to be in for major jolt to the wallet.
That is crazy. Out local vet is staying open for even routine stuff, you just have to meet them in the parking lot and they take your animal in the clinic and bring them back out to you. Curb side service basically.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:56 AM 04-20-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
If you're waiting for a vaccine, there won't be any restaurant or small business owners left.

There won’t be anything left of anything. Eventually taxes will dry up to the point of basic needs and structure struggling to be met, much less all the social services and tax funded benefits people rely on.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:59 AM 04-20-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
I think that a month from now, most states are going to find a way to re-open restaurants and other "non-essential" businesses.

At first it will no doubt be a clunky experience for both customers/business owners/staff... i.e. restaurants will have to space tables out more, staff/customers wearing masks, paper menus, maximum allowable group sizes at tables, etc., but people will adjust and a return to more normal operating procedures will be gradually phased in over the summer.

Restaurants can actually do quite a bit to help customers feel better. Disposable covers on tables, disposable silverware, napkins, and cups, no menus and instead you use your phone, pay online for your food on your phone, and probably some other things I’m not thinking of.
[Reply]
Donger 09:59 AM 04-20-2020
U.S. crude prices plunged to their lowest level in more than 30 years on Monday as traders continue to fret over a slump in demand due to the coronavirus pandemic. The price of the nearest oil futures contract, which expires Tuesday, was the hardest hit, detaching from later month futures contracts with a drop of more than 30%. This suggests that some believe there could be a recovery later in the year.

West Texas Intermediate crude for May delivery tanked 42.2%, or $7.75, to $10.52 per barrel.
[Reply]
O.city 10:00 AM 04-20-2020
The problem with all that is just the cost. Restaurants have to pay for and keep all that one hand.

Where does everyone think that money is gonna come from or get passed on to?
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:01 AM 04-20-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:

Yeah you are probably right. Governor of California mentioned this. Hopefully they can think of something so restaurants get business and everyone is safe at the same time.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:03 AM 04-20-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
U.S. crude prices plunged to their lowest level in more than 30 years on Monday as traders continue to fret over a slump in demand due to the coronavirus pandemic. The price of the nearest oil futures contract, which expires Tuesday, was the hardest hit, detaching from later month futures contracts with a drop of more than 30%. This suggests that some believe there could be a recovery later in the year.

West Texas Intermediate crude for May delivery tanked 42.2%, or $7.75, to $10.52 per barrel.
I assume Russia and Middle east oil producers can deal with this situation longer/better than the US industry but this not my forte.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:06 AM 04-20-2020
What an interesting way for Novak Djokovic to effectively announce his retirement from international tennis competition...

https://www.si.com/tennis/2020/04/20...-tennis-travel

Originally Posted by :
Novak Djokovic said he's opposed to the idea of a mandatory coronavirus vaccine to resume international travel if the vaccine or requirement becomes an option.

"Personally I am opposed to vaccination and I wouldn't want to be forced by someone to take a vaccine in order to be able to travel," Djokovic said in a live Facebook chat Sunday, according to Reuters.

"But if it becomes compulsory, what will happen? I will have to make a decision. I have my own thoughts about the matter and whether those thoughts will change at some point, I don’t know.

[Reply]
Bwana 10:07 AM 04-20-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
That is crazy. Out local vet is staying open for even routine stuff, you just have to meet them in the parking lot and they take your animal in the clinic and bring them back out to you. Curb side service basically.
Yeah it made no sense to me at all.

Cleaning his wound is always a bit of an adventure. He doesn't like to be on his side and the wounds is impossible to access with him laying on his stomach with weight on his paws. I have to bulldog him and lay across him to get him to stay on his side. He settles down after about 10 seconds and I can do my thing, but it's never dull. He's a Doberman, loves everyone, listens well, but laying on his side is his kryptonite.
[Reply]
Bwana 10:11 AM 04-20-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:

The refineries are already running on Skelton crews around here. Between P-66 and Exxon Mobil, they laid off over 1500 people and that was clear back in mid March.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:12 AM 04-20-2020
Yeah, you won't get an argument from me there.
It's not a government order that's shut them down, right? Are there other vets (non-emergency) in your area that are open?
[Reply]
Dartgod 10:13 AM 04-20-2020
I had one of my dogs come up lame right after their run on Saturday and assumed he twisted something. After looking closer, he had either gotten a object stuck in there at some point, or somehow got a cut, but it was infected and very swollen. I called the vet and was told "we are not seeing pets until further notice, not until the Rona subsides."

I told her I had been draining it and cleaning it, (all kinds of nasty came out of there) but wanted an antibiotic as a preventive measure. Her reply "We have to see the dog in order to do that." I was like WTF? She has seen the dog over a dozen times and just told me they were not seeing animals.

At one point, I did all my own medical stuff for my dogs and horses as far as wounds and shots, so that's what I'm doing. It's not my first rodeo with something like this. It turns out dogs are also prescribed azithromycin, so I just had to adjust the dose for his weight.

If I didn't have that on hand, I would have just headed down to the local ag store, Western Ranch Supply in this case and picked up a bottle of penicillin and some syringes. The wound is starting to look a lot better, I just have to continue to clean it on a regular basis and keep a close eye on it.

The only other option I had was to take him in to another vet that is taking emergency calls only. I did that once and the bill was $1700 for some basic stuff, no thanks. Nothing like using a sledge hammer to kill an ant.

I feel sorry for people who find themselves in the same situation, without any background in animal care, they are going to be in for major jolt to the wallet.
Our vet is still open. We just call when we pull into the lot and they come out and get the dog. They bring her back out when she is done with the bill.

Easy peasy.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:15 AM 04-20-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
If you're waiting for a vaccine, there won't be any restaurant or small business owners left.
Right... They are going to have to get creative to keep businesses afloat but I mean the economy isn't going to come back in full force until a vaccine comes out
[Reply]
Page 1533 of 3903
« First < 533103314331483152315291530153115321533 153415351536153715431583163320332533 > Last »
Up