ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1033 of 3903
« First < 33533933983102310291030103110321033 103410351036103710431083113315332033 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 01:08 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Well what numbers would be used to say it’s trending down?
And this also makes the point that them saying that doesn’t really mean a ****ing thing.

If it was really trending down and looked sustainably they would have shown their work...
So what you're saying is one of the leaders of the MRC has no fucking clue of what he is talking about but you can't cite anything to prove that his statement was inaccurate? And you say is so incompetent that he used 1 days worth of data and called that a trend?

I'm just stating what was reported. You have argued it's wrong because you just think it's wrong. You're entitled to your opinion.
[Reply]
SAUTO 01:08 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
And so I guess our disconnect comes in our confidence of a readily available solution over the next 8-12 weeks.

IF I thought we would see a scenario where pro-active testing (even of the healthy population) and rapid results, combined with a viable therapeutic/prophylactic treatment regiment were likely to come online in a significant enough way that you could truly and permanently prevent an eventual hard spread through rural communities, I'd be inclined to agree with you.

But I'm nowhere near confident of that. And if you bank on it and it doesn't come, then you'll lose those rural communities quickly. They simply won't have the patience to deal with watching their lives crash around them while there's no active problem anywhere near them.

Then come late summer, early fall you'll see the inevitable backlash, they'll get back to 'business as usual' and then if/when it does get there, you'll see the same spread in the same area with the same lack of resources and now you'll have a doubly large problem because respiratory disease season will be inbound to further compound things.
I can see that too.

What a fucked up mess.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:09 PM 04-02-2020
The stimulus bills should be focused on buying yourself tons on the public unrest clock.

But they all want to money everywhere else also. Probably enough about that here though lol
I absolutely agree.

But now you run into infrastructure problems. Lot of 'em probably haven't filed tax returns in a bit. And you know most of them don't have direct deposit setup so we're talking a month or longer before any immediate relief is felt.

So again...don't start that clock yet. Let them get their rent/food taken care of for another month or 6 weeks. Then maybe more of that stimulus money can actually make its way to them.

Just more practical hurdles for getting those funds into smaller communities.
[Reply]
SAUTO 01:09 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
So what you're saying is one of the leaders of the MRC has no fucking clue of what he is talking about but you can't cite anything to prove that his statement was inaccurate? And you say is so incompetent that he used 1 days worth of data and called that a trend?

I'm just stating what was reported. You have argued it's wrong because you just think it's wrong. You're entitled to your opinion.
Ok . What can you cite that says it’s right?
[Reply]
Mecca 01:11 PM 04-02-2020
I can't wait to get my stimulus check so I can buy that FF7 remake.
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:11 PM 04-02-2020
The issue around here is that there are no hospitals. 30 miles in either direction. Nearest trauma center is at least an hour away. There’s over 100k people easily for 2 hospitals that aren’t equipped with near what one in kc is.

Keeping everyone apart to slow the spread is all that will help imo

yep. good thing about living around here is everyone socially distances already the down side is all it takes is one infected and it can skyrocket because everyone needs to go to that 1 grocery store\gas station\pharmacy in town.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:11 PM 04-02-2020
Ok . What can you cite that says it’s right?
I can cite a man whose job it is to know that said it. If you're going to say he is wrong then either prove it or just state you think he is wrong and be on your way.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:11 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
A tip of the cap to ya sir you make a very compelling argument. And I must say you make me realize what a city slicker I truly am. I'll also say I'm impressed with my fellow Missourians on this board you've schooled me a little bit on the rural culture, and also learning about the rift between St.Louis & MU. I find it to be fascinating stuff.

With that said I see what you're about the light touch of the hammer but boy with how this thing hits it COULD be too late just seems like a proactive response has been the best measure just about everywhere but again you've made a sound argument why that might not be the case in MO.
And fuck man - I could end up wrong.

I said a few weeks ago - if I get banned from this thread Imma be pissed because this is my best avenue for organizing my thoughts on the fly. I try to have them fully fleshed out, but even then we're all working from imperfect knowledge.
[Reply]
TLO 01:12 PM 04-02-2020
A bit more Missouri information

Age Range Number of Cases
Under 20 50
20-24 154
25-29 124
30-34 123
35-39 113
40-44 141
45-49 157
50-54 191
55-59 185
60-64 179
65-69 144
70-74 109
75-79 62
80+ 101
Unknown 0
Cases by Age
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:17 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
And **** man - I could end up wrong.

I said a few weeks ago - if I get banned from this thread Imma be pissed because this is my best avenue for organizing my thoughts on the fly. I try to have them fully fleshed out, but even then we're all working from imperfect knowledge.
I hope that you are right and what were doing will end up working and *fingers crossed* the virus doesnt hit our state as hard as what weve seen in some southern states. Because man I really fear what's behind door #2 especially economically for this state.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:18 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
This is mostly true and I live in a small town here in MO obviously. My concern is that these rural hospitals, heck even here in Clinton, can't or won't handle COVID patients. So they will send them to KC, St. Louis, Columbia or Springfield which need to handle their cities Covid infected population as well.
That thought colors my perspective a little also but from the other side.

Remember - I'm looking at University hospital figures right now and saying "damn...this is a lot of capacity wasted. In a perfect world we sit at 90% capacity for 8 weeks and plow through this thing, meanwhile for the last 2 we've been nowhere near that..."

Which is why the statewide lockdown thing is scary to me. Because if the backside of that CREATES a spike, that's when you'll have everyone running to the beds at the same time.

Whereas locally enacted lock-downs are more likely to yield a more organic spread pattern that could then allow particular areas to get through their shitstorm and then have created capacity by the time other regions start to experience theirs.

But all of those timelines succeed/fail based on mere days.

The whole damn thing is a house of cards and the best case scenarios are going to require insane amounts of luck. But I think trying to lock everyone onto a similar timeline is trading ceiling for floor. You do so in the hopes that the worst case scenario is better but I think you eliminate any real possibility of a best case scenario (short of massive medical advancements).
[Reply]
Bwana 01:21 PM 04-02-2020
Daddy Like:

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2020/0...QQSC0UGdLAUwOU
[Reply]
TLO 01:23 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Daddy Like:

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2020/0...QQSC0UGdLAUwOU
This is good news
[Reply]
SAUTO 01:24 PM 04-02-2020
I can cite a man whose job it is to know that said it. If you're going to say he is wrong then either prove it or just state you think he is wrong and be on your way.
Lol

You should probably take your own advice quite often
[Reply]
jd1020 01:24 PM 04-02-2020
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...rus-cases.html

Sure looks like the metro areas are trending up to me. Looks like its slowed a bit from a couple days ago but up is up is up.
[Reply]
Page 1033 of 3903
« First < 33533933983102310291030103110321033 103410351036103710431083113315332033 > Last »
Up