ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 110 of 192
« First < 1060100106107108109110 111112113114120160 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins
Dante84 10:34 AM 03-23-2022
Will update OP with more info.

Here it is: The #Chiefs are trading six-time Pro Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the #Dolphins, sources tell me and @TomPelissero.

The return is a first-round pick and more, while Hill gets a contract extension that puts him among the highest paid WRs in the NFL.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 23, 2022

Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 1st-round pick (No. 29), a 2nd-round pick (No. 50) and a 4th-round pick, as well as 4th- and 6th-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources tell ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
louie aguiar 09:44 AM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
He also drafted Baker Mayfield and Denzel Ward, when he could have taken Josh Allen and Derwin James. Imagine the Browns with those 2 . . . . . .

So, maybe he didn't do it all on his own here, and maybe we should stop sucking his dick because of one draft day trade he orchestrated that he probably never makes if there aren't 2 or 3 guys on the Chiefs brass (Veach being one) pounding the table for him(Mahomes).
He's certainly not perfect. Every GM makes bad picks. He definitely deserves credit for building the core of our SB team though.
[Reply]
scho63 09:51 AM 03-24-2022
My short term disappointment of losing Tyreek is over.

We have made a big move that changed the dynamics of where we were shortly before we traded him.

Big win for Veach.
[Reply]
tk13 09:51 AM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by dtrain:
If he was so good he would have a job and not been fired twice in three years
Dorsey's a tremendous scout and he does an amazing job of creating depth, but when his job and career was on the line he hired Freddie Kitchens which is one of the worst hires in recent history. That's pretty much the end of the discussion right there. He drafted some great players here but like a lot of people he was also very lucky to work with one of the greatest coaches ever. Even then he did not manage the salary cap well and it probably cost him his job.
[Reply]
tk13 09:54 AM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Good point. Dorsey wasn't working alone. He had a star-studded staff including Ballard and Brett Veach.
Not to mention Andy Reid who is one of the greatest offensive coaches ever and did a pretty decent job drafting offensive players when he was the GM in Philly.
[Reply]
tooge 09:56 AM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
Who cares if he wanted to leave? I’m still dumbfounded that we had him under contract for one more year and could have kept him on the relatively cheap next year and then traded him next year for the same value of picks.
How the hell would the Chiefs TRADE him after getting one more year out of him? He only had one year left on his contract. Had they kept him another year, he would have been a free agent and they wouldn't have got shit for him. This was a great move by the Chiefs.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:00 AM 03-24-2022
This is very common for smart teams to do.

Belichick traded Richard Seymour at 29 coming off his best year. A 3X all pro got traded to Oakland to become the highest paid defensive player while Bill use kd the 1st rd pick from Oakland to get his LT Nate Solder. He then traded back his original draft pick in that draft to get draft capitol to get Chandler Jones the following draft.

The Packers traded back in the draft from 14 to 27 with the Saints and used that draft capitol to get Jaire Alexander. They used the additional draft capitol to trade up for Darnell Savage.
That enables them to clear cap space later and sign Preston Smith and Za’Darius Smith.

The Seahawks traded back seemingly every single year. They traded with the Packers who drafted Darnell Savage. The Seahawks traded down twice in the 2017 draft to gather a ton of picks. The Seahawks also traded Frank Clark for multiple 1st rd draft picks.

It’s easy to see why smart teams like the Packers trade Davante Adams at 29. It’s smart. That’s why I think this trade was very good for us long term.

Veach just has to hit on those picks and not draft epic failures like Malik McDowell, LJ Collier and Rashaad Penny like John Schieder’s dumbass
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:02 AM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by tooge:
How the hell would the Chiefs TRADE him after getting one more year out of him? He only had one year left on his contract. Had they kept him another year, he would have been a free agent and they wouldn't have got shit for him. This was a great move by the Chiefs.
People gloss over the fact that Hill said he would sit out.

Plus…it’s not being talked about…but the Chiefs were never going to treat Hill like people wanted them to. That would have pissed off Mahomes and Kelce. Hill brought them a championship and they were going to do right by him. Even if it meant trading away their top weapon.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:03 AM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
My short term disappointment of losing Tyreek is over.

We have made a big move that changed the dynamics of where we were shortly before we traded him.

Big win for Veach.
This trade is what I voted for and commented on the poll.

I didn’t try to argue with people while the wound was still fresh. I think most will come around to this position as well.

We have 1 irreplaceable player: Patrick Mahomes. We need to keep the roster young and flexible. We now have 8 picks in the first 4 rounds and much needed cap space.

That type of flexibility will keep this team competitive for years to come.

The QB prime is really 28-38. We’re just now getting to see Mahomes at his best. It would fucking suck to have a weak roster around him at that time.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:07 AM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
This trade is what I voted for and commented on the poll.

I didn’t try to argue with people while the wound was still fresh. I think most will come around to this position as well.

We have 1 irreplaceable player: Patrick Mahomes. We need to keep the roster young and flexible. We now have 8 picks in the first 4 rounds and much needed cap space.

That type of flexibility will keep this team competitive for years to come.

The QB prime is really 28-38. We’re just now getting to see Mahomes at his best. It would ****ing suck to have a weak roster around him at that time.
Let's show Kelce some respect as well. He showed loyalty during his contract negotiations. To me, he is also irreplaceable
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:08 AM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Let's show Kelce some respect as well. He showed loyalty during his contract negotiations. To me, he is also irreplaceable
and that’s why he’ll probably be here through his entire contract.
[Reply]
Woogieman 10:13 AM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Veach's first draft was shit. But his last draft was great. Draft like last year with all our picks and the Chiefs will be awfully annoying to play against for another 7-8 year run.
Yes, but that entire draft was shit. I looked a few times for players he missed on, starting with DE or DL. Not much...a few players have panned out, but that draft was dreck and it would have been pretty easy to reach and miss.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:14 AM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
and that’s why he’ll probably be here through his entire contract.
He's only 32... and as long as he is a near 100 REC, 1k+ yards and a near 10+ TD weapon... he'll be in KC.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:16 AM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Did Dorsey whiff on TWO Top 5 picks in his first year as Brown's GM?

But yet he drafted those guys you mentioned with the Chiefs. It's almost like he had a strong scouting dept. with the Chiefs that led him to make some great later round picks, and yet when not having that same solid scouting dept. with the Browns, he made some really bad picks . . . . . . hmmmmm.

If you're gonna talk him up and try and present him as 'the guy' that picked Hill, Kelce, and Mahomes, you need to be equally willing to roast him for blowing TWO Top 5 picks in one draft.

That's only fair.
Denzel Ward is one of the better corners in the NFL, I'd say he absolutely didn't whiff on that one.

A lot of teams weren't all-in on Josh Allen, he had some major warts coming out. From a pure passing standpoint, the two have produced similarly. Allen's running is what's actually set him apart. Allen is still Jekyl and Hyde when it comes to passing performances but he's improving much more than Baker has. So, do you fault Dorsey? I think only in hindsight. I also think coaching has a lot to do with Baker not developing as well, and that is also on Dorsey to an extent.

Dorsey though, he's the type of guy you really want in a role as a Director of College Scouting or even of Player Personnel (he's good at picking through other teams' trash). I think you put other guys with him that are really good at their roles and a competent GM and it's fuel for something great. I think he's in the right role in Detroit but Detroit has issues elsewhere that doesn't help.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:16 AM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
For now, yes I agree.

A lot can change between now and the last year of his contract.

I don’t see him going anywhere any time soon.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 10:19 AM 03-24-2022
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
He's certainly not perfect. Every GM makes bad picks. He definitely deserves credit for building the core of our SB team though.
Agreed. No GM is. And every GM makes good and bad picks, some more than others. But to act like they do it in a vacuum and that they don't have a whole team of people that are responsible for those decisions is a bit disingenuous.

And if we're going to hold up Dorsey as some 'God-like' scout GM that built the Super Bowl team, while ignoring the OTHER team members (Reid, Veach, just to name a couple) that played a part in that success, then we need to be equally willing to look at his time in Cleveland as an abstract failure, mainly due to missing on TWO Top 5 picks in his very first draft there.

That's a pretty BIG stain on a GM's resume that can't be overlooked. It's like some people forget he was fired twice in a period of 5 years by 2 different teams. He clearly has his warts in drafting too.
[Reply]
Page 110 of 192
« First < 1060100106107108109110 111112113114120160 > Last »
Up