ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 25
« First < 91516171819 20212223 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs targeted, but by who?
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:40 AM 12-01-2018
5 weeks left in the season and then playoffs. The release of the video was a deliberate conspiracy to sabatoge the Chiefs season knowing this would be an automatic 6 game exemption. With the underhanded things the Patriots have been caught doing in the past, it would make a person wonder.
[Reply]
Nzoner 09:20 AM 12-05-2018
To all of you "it's just part of the game,there's nothing shady going on" people forget all the manipulating for desired division winners,SB match-ups and the like for one minute and do nothing more than than find yourself a desired site for Vegas odds on a week to week basis.

Personally I like scoresandodds or vegasinsider.

Now,if it's not too much work for you(I agree it's much easier sitting behind a keyboard and telling someone their delusional and full of shit) write down the spreads/lines of the games and the projected totals.Then watch the games unfold,listen to some of the commentators and the now former referees who are there to explain to us what they saw,watch highlights,etc and then compare to the Vegas odds.

While it doesn't happen in every game I can guarantee you out of all the games there will be some BS call somewhere that tilts a game toward a Vegas cover and away from the greater percentage of the betting public.

NFL gambling is a multi-billion dollar industry so to think there is no corruption anywhere is laughable.I'd venture to say most of you who think the game is all peaches and cream have never been to a Vegas sports book on an NFL Sunday and watched the money pour in and the emotion of thousands of bettors all with eyes glued to the games.You think the NFL doesn't see that and the excitement it creates for their product?Hell I've been there numerous times and even likened it to a WWE rabid crowd.The emotional roller coaster is unbelievable.

Lastly to answer the question "why do you watch?"

Entertainment my friends.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:31 AM 12-05-2018
Originally Posted by milkshock:
obviously there is a limit to their control in-game, as all they can do is make sure they pay the refs enough to throw as many flags as they can against us - the problem is, to this point, we have been good enough to overcome the sabotage.

They've seen this and have now gone in harder by removing our best players entirely. its simply another stage in the over-arching aim.
So they removed Kareem Hunt and not Patrick Mahomes?

:-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:32 AM 12-05-2018
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
To all of you "it's just part of the game,there's nothing shady going on" people forget all the manipulating for desired division winners,SB match-ups and the like for one minute and do nothing more than than find yourself a desired site for Vegas odds on a week to week basis.

Now,if it's not too much work for you(I agree it's much easier sitting behind a keyboard and telling someone their delusional and full of shit) write down the spreads/lines of the games and the projected totals.Then watch the games unfold,listen to some of the commentators and the now former referees who are there to explain to us what they saw,watch highlights,etc and then compare to the Vegas odds.

While it doesn't happen in every game I can guarantee you out of all the games there will be some BS call somewhere that tilts a game toward a Vegas cover and away from the greater percentage of the betting public.

NFL gambling is a multi-billion dollar industry so to think there is no corruption anywhere is laughable.I'd venture to say most of you who think the game is all peaches and cream have never been to a Vegas sports book on an NFL Sunday and watched the money pour in and the emotion of thousands of bettors all with eyes glued to the games.You think the NFL doesn't see that and the excitement it creates for their product?Hell I've been there numerous times and even likened it to a WWE rabid crowd.The emotional roller coaster is unbelievable.

Manipulating individual games on a case-by-case basis for betting purposes is entirely different than setting up a season-long conspiracy to make sure a team or teams end up facing each other in the Super Bowl...
[Reply]
Nzoner 09:40 AM 12-05-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Manipulating individual games on a case-by-case basis for betting purposes is entirely different than setting up a season-long conspiracy to make sure a team or teams end up facing each other in the Super Bowl...
Exactly,but reading through these threads there are those that don't even believe that's possible thus the reason for my post.

As far as season long conspiracies go I've only "bought" in once and backed my prediction with a futures bet in Vegas that Denver would win the SB in '15.I made the bet way back in March of that year shortly after Manning announced it would be his final season.
[Reply]
TEX 10:00 AM 12-05-2018

:-) Completely agree.
[Reply]
TEX 10:05 AM 12-05-2018
Exactly,but reading through these threads there are those that don't even believe that's possible thus the reason for my post.

As far as season long conspiracies go I've only "bought" in once and backed my prediction with a futures bet in Vegas that Denver would win the SB in '15.I made the bet way back in March of that year shortly after Manning announced it would be his final season.
As did I, BUT the only "problem" was that they were one of the favorites that year so the payoff, though good, was not great. I think they were like 9 or 10 to one. I can't remember. I bought a '67 Mustang Convertible with my winnings. Thought my choice of vehicles was appropriate. :-)
[Reply]
highBOLTage 10:08 AM 12-05-2018

What was the controversy regarding Denver that year? Only thing I remember about that run was gostkowski missing the xp which cost the Patriots and maybe 1 questionable incomplete call on the panthers.
[Reply]
IUsedToBeATightEnd 10:30 AM 12-05-2018
So they removed Kareem Hunt and not Patrick Mahomes?

:-)
Mahomes is a smart dude who knows the world. He knows he's tagged and won't get caught doing stupid things. Not everyone is Pat Mahomes though, so who knows
about other players who are notorious hot heads...
Anyway whoever behind this, they landed their blow and that's enough for one year.
Maybe in 2019 we get episode 2, depends on the season also.
When you start taping football players off the field you may quickly accumulate quite an interesting archive. And no need to involve the refs with questionable calls.
I doubt the league is involved in this anyway, this is team based.
Watching opponents tapes is nothing new. They only went an extra step and started watching tapes of what they do off the field.
We should do the same.
[Reply]
Fish 10:45 AM 12-05-2018
Originally Posted by milkshock:
obviously there is a limit to their control in-game, as all they can do is make sure they pay the refs enough to throw as many flags as they can against us - the problem is, to this point, we have been good enough to overcome the sabotage.

They've seen this and have now gone in harder by removing our best players entirely. its simply another stage in the over-arching aim.
Did they force Hunt to get drunk and fight people? Very sneaky of them.....
[Reply]
IUsedToBeATightEnd 10:48 AM 12-05-2018
Originally Posted by Fish:
Did they force Hunt to get drunk and fight people? Very sneaky of them.....
Do you REALLY think Hunt is the only football player who gets drunk and fights people ?
That's what it all boils down to.
[Reply]
Nzoner 11:01 AM 12-05-2018
Originally Posted by TEX:
As did I, BUT the only "problem" was that they were one of the favorites that year so the payoff, though good, was not great. I think they were like 9 or 10 to one. I can't remember. I bought a '67 Mustang Convertible with my winnings. Thought my choice of vehicles was appropriate. :-)
I got it and 10/1 and then Super Bowl Sunday laid another hundred down with a local guy,I'll never forget when I told him Broncos he said,"I hope to hell you're right on this,if Carolina covers this I could be out of business."
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:03 AM 12-05-2018
Originally Posted by IUsedToBeATightEnd:
Do you REALLY think Hunt is the only football player who gets drunk and fights people ?
That's what it all boils down to.
Except it doesn't.

He lied about it, THAT is what it all boils down to.
[Reply]
Nzoner 11:12 AM 12-05-2018
Originally Posted by highBOLTage:
What was the controversy regarding Denver that year? Only thing I remember about that run was gostkowski missing the xp which cost the Patriots and maybe 1 questionable incomplete call on the panthers.
Don't recall but I do remember a perfect record Carolina losing outright to the lowly Falcons in like week 14 which set up a big SNF play-off scenario game (Vikes/Giants as I recall) which amazingly had been flexed to primetime just a few weeks before.

Then remember Carolina blowing thru the play-offs being a SB favorite and then Cam not falling on a loose ball well within his reach that sealed it for Denver.
2:05 mark in below video.

[Reply]
htismaqe 11:15 AM 12-05-2018
and then Cam not falling on a loose ball well within his reach that sealed it for Denver.
So the players are in on it too?
[Reply]
Nzoner 11:17 AM 12-05-2018
So the players are in on it too?
I didn't say that but did you at least watch the video starting at 2:05? If nothing else you have to think wtf,biggest game of his career and he's not diving for that ball.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 25
« First < 91516171819 20212223 > Last »
Up