ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Media Center>'Godzilla vs. Kong' Likely the Latest Tentpole to Go to a Streamer
-King- 06:24 PM 04-09-2021
Good fun stupid movie. The definition of turn your brain off and just enjoy movie.
[Reply]
Rausch 07:25 PM 04-11-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Good fun stupid movie. The definition of turn your brain off and just enjoy movie.
And keep in mind expectations.

My order of how how much I expect plot/acting/consistency/characters to be quality:

1) Academy award winning film.
2) Good Drama
3) Average quality Horror/Action/Scifi film
4) B movie
115) Godzilla/kaiju movie...
[Reply]
TEX 04:12 PM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
I really liked it. Thought it was very entertaining and liked how things got going early on.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:56 AM 04-11-2021

‘Godzilla Vs Kong’ Rises To $358M Worldwide; ‘Mortal Kombat’ Kicks Off With $11M Overseas – International Box Office https://t.co/VjsLFlWX2k

— Deadline Hollywood (@DEADLINE) April 11, 2021

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:19 PM 04-12-2021
The only reason I have HBO Max is for their original content and the fact that I only pay $7.50 a month through Spectrum.

If I had to pay $15 dollars, I'd pass because I've seen nearly every movie and TV show they offer, outside of DC (although I'm catching up) and their original content pales in comparison to their content from 2000-2010ish, IMO.

As for menus, I think HBO Max sucks. Their app is slow to load and slow to search. I thought WW1984 was garbage and didn't think much of Snyder's Justice League, either and now that I'm typing this, I'm not even sure why I'm paying $7.50 a month for this service.

And yeah, Netflix is at the point where the cost is higher than their service. It seems like I spend more time browsing and looking for something to watch than actually viewing their content. If it continues to rise, I may dump it altogether.

The Ad Free Disney+/Hulu/ESPN+ is the best bang for the buck in my household. I watch Disney+ 10x as much as HBO, Netflix and Amazon combined.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 09:18 AM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
As for menus, I think HBO Max sucks. Their app is slow to load and slow to search. I thought WW1984 was garbage and didn't think much of Snyder's Justice League, either and now that I'm typing this, I'm not even sure why I'm paying $7.50 a month for this service.
I agree the app is slow as cold molasses but I do love that I have access to Turner Classic Movies with my HBO Max subscription.
[Reply]
eDave 12:35 PM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
I agree the app is slow as cold molasses but I do love that I have access to Turner Classic Movies with my HBO Max subscription.
YTTV has TCM.
[Reply]
unlurking 08:01 PM 04-12-2021
99.9% of my "ad free" Hulu viewing has been on a browser with NoScript. Started watching via the app and JESUS FUCKING CHRIST how the fuck do they get away with calling this ad free?!?! How many commercials come with the non ad-free???
[Reply]
fincherdavid 04-23-2021, 04:23 AM
This message has been deleted by DaFace. Reason: spam
Rausch 10:59 AM 05-05-2021
So it appears this did well enough at the theaters+streaming to continue the Monsterverse in some form.

What's next and who directs is still up in the air...
[Reply]
Nickhead 03:32 PM 05-19-2021
this movie was absolute horse shit. the only redeeming quality is it looked great in 4K. :-)
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 12:55 PM 09-24-2021
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
this movie was absolute horse shit. the only redeeming quality is it looked great in 4K. :-)
It was extremely disappointing. The entire "mechagodzilla" part was terrible. Also, the movie premise made no sense, even within its own self. And there were far too many "WTF?" issues (again, even within its own self).
[Reply]
Rausch 04:11 PM 09-26-2021
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
It was extremely disappointing. The entire "mechagodzilla" part was terrible. Also, the movie premise made no sense, even within its own self. And there were far too many "WTF?" issues (again, even within its own self).
It was a Godzilla movie. You might as well say the same thing about Eraserhead.

Actually I think they screwed up by changing course after the first film. They should have entered the ring as traditional cheese or stayed the course with the more realistic approach. Anyone who watched any of the 2014 film and just came back for this one (a lot of people actually) didn't know what to think. The last two films played to the traditional Godzilla fanbase (with fan service) and got a big "meh" from the normies.

I also think a good chunk (likely an hour or more) was left on the cutting room floor. A lot of scenes went from set up to payoff and you could tell there was more they just cut and it played silly and nonsensical.

Even I didn't think they'd completely abandon reality and go full WWE/Toho with it but they did. It's unfortunate because I think the 2014 film set up a more "real" universe...
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 10:06 AM 10-01-2021
Originally Posted by Rausch:
It was a Godzilla movie. You might as well say the same thing about Eraserhead.

Actually I think they screwed up by changing course after the first film. They should have entered the ring as traditional cheese or stayed the course with the more realistic approach. Anyone who watched any of the 2014 film and just came back for this one (a lot of people actually) didn't know what to think. The last two films played to the traditional Godzilla fanbase (with fan service) and got a big "meh" from the normies.

I also think a good chunk (likely an hour or more) was left on the cutting room floor. A lot of scenes went from set up to payoff and you could tell there was more they just cut and it played silly and nonsensical.

Even I didn't think they'd completely abandon reality and go full WWE/Toho with it but they did. It's unfortunate because I think the 2014 film set up a more "real" universe...

Hollywood sucks at making Godzilla movies. It can't handle the conflict of science versus fiction in such movies. And that leads to terrible stories, a complete inability to maintain the integrity of the cinematic universe, and huge "plot" holes.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:22 AM 10-01-2021
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Hollywood sucks at making Godzilla movies.
:-)

There's nothing more "Hollywood" than a Godzilla movie. Plot holes in a monster movie about a goddamn radioactive iguana that shoots w/e the fuck that is out of his mouth? Who also gets down with a giant monkey? PLOT HOLES YOU SAY??? NO FREAKING WAY??

:-) :-)

You crack me up, man.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Up