ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 52 of 153
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662102152 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
listopencil 06:30 AM 11-07-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 07:43 AM 11-07-2020
Just checking in as a fan of the original trilogy, and someone who hates pretty much everything else they've done. This series is great, IMO. I actually give a shit about the characters and I'm genuinely curious as to where this goes. You guys are WAY more into the lore than I am (and that's fine) but for a fan who just loves the originals and is hoping for a fun, character driven narrative, I'm pretty happy with everything so far. I hope it doesn't jump the shark with too many call backs, and so far it's been just enough. I don't feel like spoilering a bunch of comments, so I'll leave it there. Suffice it to say, I'm pleasantly surprised at how great this thing is and I'm looking forward to more. I'm absolutely shocked at that.
[Reply]
unlurking 08:25 AM 11-07-2020
Spoiler!

[Reply]
srvy 09:20 AM 11-07-2020
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
Just checking in as a fan of the original trilogy, and someone who hates pretty much everything else they've done. This series is great, IMO. I actually give a shit about the characters and I'm genuinely curious as to where this goes. You guys are WAY more into the lore than I am (and that's fine) but for a fan who just loves the originals and is hoping for a fun, character driven narrative, I'm pretty happy with everything so far. I hope it doesn't jump the shark with too many call backs, and so far it's been just enough. I don't feel like spoilering a bunch of comments, so I'll leave it there. Suffice it to say, I'm pleasantly surprised at how great this thing is and I'm looking forward to more. I'm absolutely shocked at that.
Kinda how I feel also. I am not a Star Wars freak and wasn't all that fond of the first movie never read the books. I got the Disney + for my son and daughter who like the stuff. They kept raving about this show so I checked it out and was hooked.

I have always been a fan of westerns and old western TV series. The Mandalorian to me is basically Have Gun Will Travel or Tales of the Wells Fargo. Different shows each week with new things and characters. Maybe it has no connection to past movies cartoons or books just adventures of this Mandalorian.
[Reply]
notorious 10:03 AM 11-07-2020
I've liked it so far.

I had a major geek moment when the X-Wings pulled up. The sound.....oh god. When they switched to attack mode, YES!

Mando is so badass. He is respected by everyone, even sand people. So cool.

This series is similar to general science fiction in that they have a bunch of "stand alone" episodes. Farscape, Star Trek, BSG, etc. come to mind. You shouldn't have every episode directly pushing the main story along or it will become a one rail series.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:36 AM 11-07-2020
Spoiler!

This felt like a step back from the season premier, but I'm not dismayed with it. Yet.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:59 PM 11-07-2020

[Reply]
Buehler445 04:45 PM 11-07-2020
Cant really disagree with anything said from any side.

I’ll reserve judgement until I see where it all ends up. I share most of Danes concerns, but I think there is an argument to be made that it can’t all be balls to walls. Big moments hit harder if they’re not stacked up.

Spoiler!

But like I said, they earned the rope to hang themselves.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:26 PM 11-07-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Cant really disagree with anything said from any side.

Jon Favreau is a good to great storyteller and since he wrote every screenplay for Season 2, I'd imagine we'll view these episodes differently after 16, 24 and/or 32 episodes have aired.

Friday night's episode was certainly fun and scary enough but I think that most of us would like to see a continuation of where they left off in Season 1, which I assume he'll get to by no later than Episode 5 this season.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:27 PM 11-07-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 07:45 PM 11-07-2020
Spoiler!

[Reply]
listopencil 09:12 PM 11-07-2020
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Spoiler!