ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 72 of 171
« First < 22626869707172 7374757682122 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
patteeu 12:24 PM 11-05-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Lemme just say Banshee is a real banger of a show. Almost halfway through Season 3 and it does not let up.
I really liked that one. Vail mentioned it a while back (maybe not in this thread) and I’d never heard of it. Accurate description.
[Reply]
DrRyan 01:25 PM 11-05-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I’m totally into Queens Gambit. Not normally my thing but it’s really good. Like really goddamned good. I’m 4 episodes in so we’ll see how it ends up but it’s good so far.
I really enjoyed the series. There is an episode near the end that I could have totally done without but overall it was a very good watch.
[Reply]
TRR 05:07 PM 11-06-2020
I’m totally into Queens Gambit. Not normally my thing but it’s really good. Like really goddamned good. I’m 4 episodes in so we’ll see how it ends up but it’s good so far.
Could be the best thing I’ve watched in 2020. So well done.
[Reply]
srvy 01:37 PM 11-10-2020
Originally Posted by TRR:
Could be the best thing I’ve watched in 2020. So well done.
Watched 1st episode last night and it's surprisingly good.
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:16 PM 11-10-2020
I started watching Black Sails on hulu, and holy cow how did I miss this show until now?
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:22 PM 11-10-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I started watching Black Sails on hulu, and holy cow how did I miss this show until now?
There is a thread about it here somewhere. It's a good watch. It kind of gets muddled a bit later on, but definitely worth the time. There are some moments in there that are fucking awesome.
[Reply]
srvy 12:31 AM 11-11-2020
Just finished up the series Queens Gambit. One of the best Netflix series I've seen in a while. I know nothing about chess but this was a well written show and understand why its Netflix no 1 show right now. Give it a try and be surprised like I was.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:54 AM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
Just finished up the series Queens Gambit. One of the best Netflix series I've seen in a while. I know nothing about chess but this was a well written show and understand why its Netflix no 1 show right now. Give it a try and be surprised like I was.
Right on.

I posted above that this wouldn’t normally be my bag. But I was invested. Hard. Couldn’t put it down. And there were some really powerful moments.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
vailpass 12:57 PM 11-11-2020
Right on.

I posted above that this wouldn’t normally be my bag. But I was invested. Hard. Couldn’t put it down. And there were some really powerful moments.

Spoiler!
**** I'm an idiot. I haven't seen this show, was thinking I'd like to watch it some time when I have a down day or two stuck inside. What do I do? Click the spoiler link you expressly labeled so people who hadn't seen it wouldn't have it spoiled. What is broken inside of me that makes me do things like this?
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:36 PM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
**** I'm an idiot. I haven't seen this show, was thinking I'd like to watch it some time when I have a down day or two stuck inside. What do I do? Click the spoiler link you expressly labeled so people who hadn't seen it wouldn't have it spoiled. What is broken inside of me that makes me do things like this?
:-)

Watch it anyway. That spoiler isn’t huge in the telling of the story. Most of the story exists outside of that character.
[Reply]
vailpass 03:59 PM 11-11-2020

Watch it anyway. That spoiler isn’t huge in the telling of the story. Most of the story exists outside of that character.
That's good to know then, thank you.
[Reply]
keg in kc 05:17 PM 11-11-2020
I did the same thing, but it's because I know I'll forget long before I watch the show.

(I could watch the show later today and probably forget)
[Reply]
Sorry 03:35 AM 11-12-2020
A teacher

About a female teacher grooming a high school kid.

You horny bastards will enjoy it I’m sure lol
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:55 AM 11-12-2020
Originally Posted by sully1983:
Love , Death & Robots is a trippy awesome show on Netflix. Would highly recommend it to stoners everywhere. The episodes are like just 10 to 15 minutes long and the animation is sick. So well done imo.
Watched this last night after reading your post.

Man, some of those episodes are pretty fucking awesome. I was watching it and thinking to myself, "man, Sully undersold this".

Every episode is entirely different, so while the 1st episode cracked me up, i wasn't expecting the huge shift in the second episode. I binge watched it all (not that it was hard to do at 10-15min an episode) and was straight up stuck on it.

The episodes, while short, were for the most part captivating. Excellent story telling. The artwork/animation was unique in every episode and nearly all of them were just amazing pieces of animated art.

If you're into:

Animated shorts
Gorgeous animations and CGI
Tits and ass
Strip shows
Monsters
Sci-fi/space
Gore
Humor
Horror
War
Psychedelic mind fucking....

Then this is the series for you!

Do NOT watch with children. There's tits/ass/pussy/dicks in damn near every episode.

[Reply]
vailpass 08:19 PM 11-13-2020

I hit the bars with the boys last night and was in a Netflix and chill mood this morning. Watched this. It’s the best show I’ve seen in a while. Everything about it was good from start to finish.
[Reply]
Page 72 of 171
« First < 22626869707172 7374757682122 > Last »
Up