ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 49 of 382
« First < 394546474849 505152535999149 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
the Talking Can 08:34 PM 12-08-2010
tomorrow i'm attending the tapping of "a one-of-a-kind cask of Terrapin's Wake-N-Bake that Spike added 20 pieces of bacon to..."

very excited and curious, never had beer straight from a cask nor with bacon

[Reply]
Marcellus 08:44 PM 12-08-2010
Originally Posted by NewPhin:
So I'll probably by a new smokestack on Friday. At my store, they have Rye on Rye, the Fresh Hop, Double-Wide, Collaboration #1, Double Wit.

Any opinions? So far I've loved the Dark Truth and Tank 7. I was underwhelmed by Long Strange Trippel.
Double-Wide or Double Wit would my choice of the group. The Fresh Hop is Ok but I like the other 2 better.

Tank 7 and Saison both kick ass. Tank 7 is one of my favorite beers.
[Reply]
irishjayhawk 08:45 PM 12-08-2010
So I'll probably by a new smokestack on Friday. At my store, they have Rye on Rye, the Fresh Hop, Double-Wide, Collaboration #1, Double Wit.

Any opinions? So far I've loved the Dark Truth and Tank 7. I was underwhelmed by Long Strange Trippel.
Rye on Rye for sure. Collaboration #1 Imperial Pilsner would be my second choice.

I'm told by my hop loving friend that Fresh Hop is really good.

Originally Posted by phisherman:
The Rye on Rye is crazy bitter, but delicious if that's your thing.

I really enjoyed the Harvest Dance Wheat Wine last time I had it.
Interesting. I didn't think Rye on Rye was bitter at all. And I disliked Harvest Dance last I had it. I should try it now that my palette has morphed.
[Reply]
NewChief 08:47 PM 12-08-2010
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Double-Wide or Double Wit would my choice of the group. The Fresh Hop is Ok but I like the other 2 better.

Tank 7 and Saison both kick ass. Tank 7 is one of my favorite beers.
I wish they had the Saison-Brett, but they don't. I'd love to try it. I just wasn't sure if one of those was "rare" or whatever. The Collaboration and the Rye on Rye both look like they're more "limited" release than the others.
[Reply]
phisherman 08:52 PM 12-08-2010
Saison-Brett is unbelievable, but I'm a bit biased, Saisons are a particular favorite of mine. My wife bought me a bunch of them the last time a batch came out. They age very well. PM me if you're ever in town; we can open one together!
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:26 PM 12-08-2010
I wish they had the Saison-Brett, but they don't. I'd love to try it. I just wasn't sure if one of those was "rare" or whatever. The Collaboration and the Rye on Rye both look like they're more "limited" release than the others.
The Saison Brett is really good but the regular Saison is very good as well if you can find it.

I can get the regular Saison here but not the Saison Brett any longer.

I am still waiting on the 4-packs too. Hurry up already!
[Reply]
NewChief 09:36 PM 12-08-2010
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
The Saison Brett is really good but the regular Saison is very good as well if you can find it.

I can get the regular Saison here but not the Saison Brett any longer.

I am still waiting on the 4-packs too. Hurry up already!
By the "regular" Saison, are you talking about the Tank 7 Farmhouse... or something else?
[Reply]
phisherman 09:37 PM 12-08-2010
Stock up on the Saison if you can; they're not making it anymore. I can't find it anymore at my regular spots like Gomer's in LS.
[Reply]
phisherman 09:37 PM 12-08-2010
The original Smokestack lineup included Saison, now replaced by Tank 7.
[Reply]
NewChief 09:39 PM 12-08-2010
Ahh, I see. I'd love to find some of that. I'm also intrigued by Saisons, now (possibly due to Reaper16's focus on it... but also because I've just really liked the complexity and surprising flavors I've found in the ones I've had).
[Reply]
phisherman 09:41 PM 12-08-2010
I found Saisons after I had blown my palette on IPAs. The thick sweetness of all of the hoppy beers had just lost the luster. With Saisons, I found a nice combination of a nice high ABV and some really complex and delicious flavors.

And yes, the original Smokestack Saison is freakin' delicious. I used to have a bunch of those as well. Sadly, they are all gone from my fridge and beer storage in the basement now.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:45 PM 12-08-2010
Ahh, I see. I'd love to find some of that. I'm also intrigued by Saisons, now (possibly due to Reaper16's focus on it... but also because I've just really liked the complexity and surprising flavors I've found in the ones I've had).
I would guess you have had Duvel if not get some. Great beer.

Saisons are my favorite beer overall. Pretty light compared to IPA or Quads and complex but pack a punch.
[Reply]
Reaper16 10:18 PM 12-08-2010

They still have Rye-on-Rye?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? HOLY SHIT.

That's been sold out in KC since the middle of March.
[Reply]
Phobia 10:43 PM 12-08-2010
I had Dark Truth the other day for the first time. I'm not a Stout guy but the Belgian aroma really made it work for me. Won't be my last.
[Reply]
irishjayhawk 06:47 AM 12-09-2010
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
They still have Rye-on-Rye?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? HOLY SHIT.

That's been sold out in KC since the middle of March.
False. We had some at my liquor store for a while. Don't know if there's still some there.
[Reply]
Page 49 of 382
« First < 394546474849 505152535999149 > Last »
Up