ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 299 of 382
« First < 199249289295296297298299 300301302303309349 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bearcat 06:58 PM 11-13-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
:-)

I'm legit struggling to get through this pour. Feel this phantom peanut butter sensation stuck to my teeth
In a good way, I assume?

If so, let's discuss a beer trade....
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:41 AM 11-14-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
In a good way, I assume?

If so, let's discuss a beer trade....
Yeah its definitely good. They nailed the flavors. Not sure I could do more than 16oz in a sitting.

Unfortunately they were sold out of cans and only had crowlers available
[Reply]
scho63 12:31 PM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
What’s your favorite cheap beer that you actually like?

I’ll start. Miller High Life is as cheap as I’ll go and still enjoy it.
I can't drink cheap beers anymore as they all come across as so over carbonated.

I used to love Miller High Life as a quick beer to drink in the summertime when your hot and want to gulp down one. :-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:38 PM 11-18-2020
2020 BCBS pricing around here:

Original 16.9 oz. ($12.99 plus tax)

Kentucky Fog 16.9 oz. ($23.99 plus tax)

Special #4 16.9 oz. ($23.99 plus tax)

Caramella 16.9 oz. ($16.99 plus tax)

Proprietors 16.9 oz. ($25.99 plus tax)

Anniversary 16.9 oz. ($29.99 plus tax)

Birthday 16.9 oz. ($29.99 plus tax)
[Reply]
cooper barrett 03:37 PM 11-18-2020
Do you mean "Lawn Mower" beer? I have a brewery 6 blocks from here with $6 growlers. I have about 29 favs.

Originally Posted by lewdog:
What’s your favorite cheap beer that you actually like?

I’ll start. Miller High Life is as cheap as I’ll go and still enjoy it.

[Reply]
cooper barrett 04:04 PM 11-18-2020
Will not get that $$$$$ from me.

[Reply]
Marcellus 07:13 PM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
Will not get that $$$$$ from me.
How do you not know how reasonably priced that actually is?
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:19 PM 11-18-2020

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Marcellus 07:31 PM 11-18-2020

via GIPHY

Me too. I usually buy close to a case each year. I give some as gifts for Christmas and store some and drink some.

Pretty sure I can do a vertical from 2014-2021 after next Friday minus only 2015 which was a mostly infected batch and had a very small release.
[Reply]
phisherman 09:29 PM 11-18-2020
The 2015 batch was a variable lot, for sure. Funny story, I had probably 10 bottles total with 9 in the infected batches. Not a single one of them was infected. And it took me a few years to drink through all of them.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 10:30 PM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
How do you not know how reasonably priced that actually is?
I have experienced pain.

Profiles

Bourbon County Stout: The Original Bourbon Barrel aged Imperial Stout. Our primary focus every year is to make this beer the best that it’s ever been, with the best ingredients, which includes the finest of bourbon whiskey barrels.This year’s Bourbon County Stout is aged in a mix of bourbon barrels from whiskey distilleries like Buffalo Trace, Heaven Hill Distillery and Wild Turkey. Barrel-aged for a year to develop the complexity that only time can provide, Bourbon County Stout boasts a unique blend of flavors such as fudge, vanilla and caramel — topped off with a rich, complex mouthfeel.
Tasting Notes: Cocoa, fudge, vanilla, caramel, almond, plus leather and tobacco

Bourbon County Kentucky Fog Stout: we’re excited to debut our first-ever tea-inspired variant. Brewer Paul Cade brought this idea to life, inspired by his girlfriend, Martha, who prefers tea over coffee. Our Bourbon County Kentucky Fog Stout is a take on the London Fog tea drink. With that flavor profile in mind, we added Earl Grey Tea and Black Tea from Kilogram Tea, as well as clover honey from The Honey House, to make a Bourbon County Stout variant with a complexity like none before.
Tasting Notes: Black licorice, white pepper, citrus, florals, graham cracker

Bourbon County Special #4 Stout: Bourbon County Special #4 Stout is an oatmeal stout variant of our original Bourbon County Stout recipe, also aged in bourbon barrels, that uses crystal oats to add a nutty character, as well as a smooth mouthfeel. After barrel aging, we add Intelligentsia Coffee, both their cold coffee and single origin coffee beans from Ethiopia, called “Metad Buku,” bringing out a pleasant fruity coffee character. Lastly bourbon barrel-aged maple syrup from Bissell Maple Farm in Ohio is added which provides complexity to the nutty oats and coffee to round out the flavors, ultimately reminiscent of your breakfast ‘special’ at the local diner.
Tasting Notes: Coffee, vanilla, toasted nuts, cocoa, maple

Bourbon County Caramella Ale: Caramella or ‘candy’ in Italian is a wheatwine aged in Larceny Wheated Bourbon barrels with apple, cinnamon, and natural caramel flavor added after aging. Just like last year, the sweet smoothness from the Larceny Wheated Bourbon barrels adds a lingering warmth that complements the added flavor nuance. It’s nostalgia-inducing flavors are reminiscent of a caramel apple. Our Lab Tech, Joey Tidei, created this variant as a tribute to his love of seasonal flavors. This luscious embodiment of caramel perfectly paired with a slightly-tart apple flavor will transport you to a crisp autumn day.
Tasting Notes: Creamy caramel, red apple, cinnamon, funnel cake

Proprietor's Bourbon County Stout: This year’s Proprietor's Bourbon County Stout was inspired by third-generation Italian American brewer Emily Kosmal’s love of spumoni, a classic Italian frozen treat. Spumoni is a tri-colored frozen dessert that contains candied fruit and nuts between each layer, historically including flavors such as pistachio, cherry and chocolate. Blended with fresh pistachios, cacao nibs, candied Amarena cherries, and natural vanilla flavors, the 2020 Proprietor’s Bourbon County Stout is incredibly complex and layered with cocoa, nut, and dark fruit notes with hints of vanilla and oak. Emily, who also created the concept for 2016 Proprietor’s, is our first brewer to have two Proprietor’s concepts picked for release.
Tasting Notes: Cocktail cherry, pistachio, dark chocolate, vanilla, oak

Birthday Bourbon County Stout: We partnered with the Old Forester Brand and paired Bourbon County Stout with barrels from one of the world’s most sought-after bourbons – Old Forester Birthday Bourbon. The limited-edition bourbon, released each year on the founder George Garvin Brown of Brown-Forman’s birthday, is made in hand-selected 11-year old barrels and chosen from one specific day of production – resulting in flavor profiles that vary every year and never replicated. Old Forester’s tasting notes for the 2019 Birthday Bourbon are: “Rich oak spice and blackcurrant coupled with light maple, caramel cake, and white floral notes.” This year’s Birthday Bourbon County Stout is a truly unique variation that is a must-have for bourbon and beer lovers alike.
Tasting Notes: Chocolate, vanilla, maple, berry, cinnamon

Anniversary Bourbon County Stout: Anniversary Bourbon County Stout is aged 2 years in Weller 12 Year barrels and is a special variant this year to celebrate Goose Island’s 10-year tradition of releasing Bourbon County Stout on Black Friday. The Weller brand is one of the most universally loved collections in all of bourbon, with Weller 12 Year being one of the hardest to get and most sought after. Our Original Bourbon County Stout is aged in 4-5 year old barrels for one year, so the added age of these Weller barrels, paired with an extra year of the beer in the barrel, adds stronger barrel flavors and notes of dried dark fruit.
Tasting Notes: Chocolate, bourbon, vanilla, burnt sugar, oak, dried dark fruit
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:51 AM 11-19-2020
BCBS is mostly being released via lottery here. I won a partial allotment (everything but Birthday and Anniversary) through Binnys that I passed on purchasing. The wife won a full allotment through our biggest grocery store chain. They notified winners via email with the store location and pick up date/time to help everyone distance. But they also included an Excel sheet with every winners name and email and pick up times that went out to everyone :-)

In addition to shitting all over consumer privacy, I'm expecting a total shitshow come pick up time as a result.

bearded shitlord: "i'm here to pick up for **looks at spreadsheet for a name with a later pick up date**. he's not feeling well and didn't want to put your staff at risk so sent me instead"

minimum wage, semi-retired grocery bagger: "that's very thoughtful, sonny. one minute while I retrieve your order"

[Reply]
Bearcat 07:54 AM 11-19-2020
BCBS is mostly being released via lottery here. I won a partial allotment (everything but Birthday and Anniversary) through Binnys that I passed on purchasing. The wife won a full allotment through our biggest grocery store chain. They notified winners via email with the store location and pick up date/time to help everyone distance. But they also included an Excel sheet with every winners name and email and pick up times that went out to everyone :-)

In addition to shitting all over consumer privacy, I'm expecting a total shitshow come pick up time as a result.

bearded shitlord: "i'm here to pick up for **looks at spreadsheet for a name with a later pick up date**. he's not feeling well and didn't want to put your staff at risk so sent me instead"

minimum wage, semi-retired grocery bagger: "that's very thoughtful, sonny. one minute while I retrieve your order"
Wow, that's so bad... :-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:13 AM 11-19-2020
Wow, that's so bad... :-)
I was pretty peeved about it yesterday, mostly because I work with legal hovering over me regarding our use and display of internal data for analytics vs consumer privacy. Feel their intentions were in the right place but majorly dropped the ball with their lottery process and are severely underestimating the beer nerd chaos that's about to reign down on them next week. Difference between brewery/craft beer store releases and a grocery chain.
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:22 AM 11-19-2020
And because I'm a sucker, I bought the BBQ sauce that doesn't even sound all that good

Special #4 x @LilliesQ⁠
Our friends at Lillie’s Q have created a Bourbon County Stout inspired BBQ sauce. This Sweet Memphis, called Smoky Special #4, lets the flavor of beer lead and marries it with hints of blueberry.⁠

Bolded sounds like something Gruden would say
[Reply]
Page 299 of 382
« First < 199249289295296297298299 300301302303309349 > Last »
Up