ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 200 of 382
« First < 100150190196197198199200 201202203204210250300 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
dlphg9 09:07 PM 10-30-2015
Originally Posted by NewChief:
I ****ing hate pumpkin beers, but I couldn't resist Boulevard's Funky Pumpkin when checking out at store tonight.

It's not bad, mainly because it tastes like a sour with a tiny hint of pumpkin in the background. I probably won't buy again (and probably won't be able to since they said the 12 six packs they had left were the last of their order), but I don't regret the purchase.

It's kind of a cool reverse use of pumpkin, similar to their use of chocolate in their ale. You usually expect pumpkin with a big Belgian style spiced ale. Lots of fall flavors with coriander and clove and cinnamon and crap, hence why you usually see it in stouts and ales. To use it in a sour is weird and unexpected and, frankly, enjoyable.
I tried Funky Pumpkin on tap in St. Louis. Didn't realize Boulevard had a pumpkin beer until I saw it. I like pumpkin beers and that's why I decided to try it. Wish I would have known how sour it was. I hate sours. I could have been one of the worst beers I have ever tried. Couldn't take more than two drinks.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:12 PM 10-30-2015
Originally Posted by NewChief:
I ****ing hate pumpkin beers, but I couldn't resist Boulevard's Funky Pumpkin when checking out at store tonight.

It's not bad, mainly because it tastes like a sour with a tiny hint of pumpkin in the background. I probably won't buy again (and probably won't be able to since they said the 12 six packs they had left were the last of their order), but I don't regret the purchase.

It's kind of a cool reverse use of pumpkin, similar to their use of chocolate in their ale. You usually expect pumpkin with a big Belgian style spiced ale. Lots of fall flavors with coriander and clove and cinnamon and crap, hence why you usually see it in stouts and ales. To use it in a sour is weird and unexpected and, frankly, enjoyable.
Thought I had responded to this, but yeah, I liked it.... forgot it was a sour, but had low expectations because of the possible funk. Wouldn't go out of my way to buy it again, but it was better than any of the other new offerings I've tried from them lately.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 02:43 PM 11-07-2015
Drove across the river to pick up some Dogfish Head, and finally saw some Firestone Walker.

Picked up a 6 of Union Jack. Hope it's as good as advertised.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 04:23 PM 11-07-2015
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
Drove across the river to pick up some Dogfish Head, and finally saw some Firestone Walker.

Picked up a 6 of Union Jack. Hope it's as good as advertised.
Meh. Not "World Class" as Beer Advocate claims, IMO.
[Reply]
Third Eye 04:33 PM 11-07-2015
Meh. Not "World Class" as Beer Advocate claims, IMO.
Firestone Walker is sold all over St. Louis. Union Jack is ok, Double Jack and Wookey Jack are both great though. The Parabola stout is incredible.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 04:35 PM 11-07-2015
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
Firestone Walker is sold all over St. Louis. Union Jack is ok, Double Jack and Wookey Jack are both great though. The Parabola stout is incredible.
I was at Randall's - all I saw was Easy Jack and Union Jack - no sign of Double.

Not a stout guy, but thanks for the info - my nephews are both into stouts so I might grab some for them for Thanksgiving dinner.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 04:36 PM 11-07-2015
Heard a rumor today that Bell's is only going to release Hopslam in 16 ounce cans.

Anyone heard anything similar?
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:03 PM 11-07-2015
Had a FFF Amber Smashed Face on tap. As expected, that was one aggressive-ass amber. Hope to find a bottle.
[Reply]
Third Eye 05:26 PM 11-07-2015
I was at Randall's - all I saw was Easy Jack and Union Jack - no sign of Double.

Not a stout guy, but thanks for the info - my nephews are both into stouts so I might grab some for them for Thanksgiving dinner.
Surprised you didn't see them if you were at Randall's. For a long time the Double Jack was my go to, year round available, ipa. The Wookey Jack is an awesome black ipa. If you shop at Costco, you can usually find those 2 there for a decent price.

The Parabola stout, while incredible, is an extremely limited release. If you're a member of Randall's club, you can probably get some that way.
[Reply]
phisherman 06:47 PM 11-07-2015
Parabola is hard to come by unless you live on the west coast.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 07:04 PM 11-07-2015
Had Real Ale Commissar which was pretty good for an imperial stout at 6 bucks for a bottle.

Also had my favorite Unser Aventinus. Great as always.

Tonight is Clown Shoes Royal Standard which is great Wee Heavy Ale with a bit of floral to it. Karbach's Oktoberfest and St. Arnold's Santo.
[Reply]
kstater 07:14 PM 11-07-2015
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Had Real Ale Commissar which was pretty good for an imperial stout at 6 bucks for a bottle.

Tonight is Clown Shoes Royal Standard which is great Wee Heavy Ale with a bit of floral to it. Karbach's Oktoberfest and St. Arnold's Santo.
Aventinus is my all time favorite beer. Great beer for the price.
[Reply]
TimBone 07:28 PM 11-07-2015

Are you located in Houston?
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 08:04 PM 11-07-2015
Originally Posted by TimBone:
Are you located in Houston?
Yep. Humble to be exact.
[Reply]
TimBone 08:05 PM 11-07-2015
Yep. Humble to be exact.
Umble, as it's pronounced. lol. Oddly enough, I learned that during an NFL broadcast after having been to the city over 100 times.
[Reply]
Page 200 of 382
« First < 100150190196197198199200 201202203204210250300 > Last »
Up