ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 51 of 207
« First < 414748495051 5253545561101151 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Any Bourbon drinkers out there?
The Poz 01:04 PM 06-19-2008
I've heard some good things about Buffalo Trace Bourbon.
http://www.buffalotrace.com/

Can't get it up here north of the border but, through a wine distributer I am able to order a case. Would like to hear from someone who knows their stuff and has tried it before I order.

Thanks
[Reply]
lewdog 06:18 PM 06-13-2017
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
Can't get Weller in NJ unfortunately so I always grab a bottle when I'm down south.
Yup, Weller has been missing from AZ for years. Looks like I'll need a yearly trip to Cali, if only for the bourbon. :-)
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:03 PM 06-13-2017
Gotta say I actually like Buffalo Trace way more than Woodford Reserve
[Reply]
srvy 12:27 AM 06-25-2017
I set out on a restocking as I normally do before the 4th as I find the Bourbons well stocked again. I was disappointed most what I set out for wasnt to be found at my usual haunts. Had my heart set on Rowans Creek at 30 bucks its the steal of the century my favorite of any I have tried strictly for its finish. Only luck was Bookers at sams club for 55 bit it was 40 last year but is worth it. Got a buy on Russel Reserve and picked up I.W. Harper 15 yo. Was hoping to score Smooth Ambler 7, Old Bardstown Estate Bottled and Noah's Mill oh well next time.
[Reply]
TRR 07:08 AM 06-25-2017
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Finally broke into this after a really long day at work.

I'd like to salute Lewdog for legitimizing my bourbon game by sending me this proper glassware. A+ dude if I've ever met one.

Pinkies out. Cheers.

The Old Forester Birthday is probably my favorite bourbon on the planet right now. But it's becoming VERY hard to find these days.

I've been drinking a lot of High West these days; particularly the Campfire. I stopped by a small liquor store in a tiny Colorado town a few weeks ago, and was blown away - they had a Pappy 12 sitting on the shelf for $50. That'll be saved for a special day.
[Reply]
lewdog 12:40 PM 06-25-2017
Originally Posted by TRR:
The Old Forester Birthday is probably my favorite bourbon on the planet right now. But it's becoming VERY hard to find these days.

I've been drinking a lot of High West these days; particularly the Campfire. I stopped by a small liquor store in a tiny Colorado town a few weeks ago, and was blown away - they had a Pappy 12 sitting on the shelf for $50. That'll be saved for a special day.
Pappy 12 on a shelf out west?!?!?

What. in. the. fuck? Someone loves you.

I need to try more of the High West stuff. Everyone loves it. I just have so much to drink right now that I am not buying bottles for a while. Next purchases though I'll be looking at them.
[Reply]
ILChief 01:29 PM 06-25-2017
Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay:
Gotta say I actually like Buffalo Trace way more than Woodford Reserve
Buffalo trace is really good. Especially due only $25 a bottle
[Reply]
penguinz 04:20 PM 06-25-2017
Originally Posted by ILChief:
Way too much licorice in BT for my taste. Lots of options at the $25-$35 price point.
[Reply]
penguinz 04:22 PM 06-25-2017
Thinking about getting a bottle of Stagg Jr for Independence Day.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 05:25 PM 06-25-2017
Highwest Campfire is simply amazing.
[Reply]
lewdog 05:36 PM 06-25-2017
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Way too much licorice in BT for my taste. Lots of options at the $25-$35 price point.
I am the same. I had a few bottles and I just don't care for it with much better options at the same price point.

I love other options from Buffalo Trace distillery though. Eagle Rare, EH Taylor, Weller, Stagg, Blanton's, Elmer Lee (haven't had), Sazerac.

Originally Posted by penguinz:
Thinking about getting a bottle of Stagg Jr for Independence Day.
Do it!!! That's pretty hard to find here. Saw bottles in Cali but went with other options.

Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
Highwest Campfire is simply amazing.
Good to know. :-)
[Reply]
shitgoose 08:14 PM 06-25-2017
Well my fellow bourbon loving planeteers I finally got to live like the other half. A very generous friend opened his bottle of Pappy 15 he got back in November.

It was delicious. Very good bourbon front to back. I would gladly pay retail for it if it was available but it's not worth what it brings on the secondary market. Sad to say it might have been my first and last pour.

He also had a bottle of Eagle Rare 17 that I had a pour of. It was also very good but the Pappy was better.
[Reply]
srvy 08:47 PM 06-25-2017
Originally Posted by ILChief:

I will buy it at 20 bucks any day I like it pretty well great bang for buck. I picked up a bottle today at wally world market near me at 20 bucks and change before tax. Hell thats 2 bucks more that my daily drinker Evan Williams white label. Its good stuff I think its now out there so much now that people forget this is still small batch. But i got fucked when I got it home the old bag that checked me out I wasnt paying attention and she didn't remove the security cap. I looked all around for my receipt cant find so how do you take it to customer service they are gonna think ya stole it. Freaking Walmart old goat probably had a alcoholic hubby and hated bourbon drinkers.
[Reply]
srvy 08:55 PM 06-25-2017
Originally Posted by shitgoose:
Well my fellow bourbon loving planeteers I finally got to live like the other half. A very generous friend opened his bottle of Pappy 15 he got back in November.

It was delicious. Very good bourbon front to back. I would gladly pay retail for it if it was available but it's not worth what it brings on the secondary market. Sad to say it might have been my first and last pour.

He also had a bottle of Eagle Rare 17 that I had a pour of. It was also very good but the Pappy was better.
Kinda how I felt about Pappy's its ok pretty darn good but I can find plenty of bourbons in 40 to 50 price point I like as well or even better. The Houston oilmen always stock the bar well when the after construction celebration happens. The guys come to me all giddy crowing to me they got Pappy's 15 back there. I go and look for what I haven't had thats more exciting to me maybe im crazy.
[Reply]
srvy 08:56 PM 06-25-2017
I guess what im saying is I am not getting crazy over something I cant afford.
[Reply]
TRR 08:57 PM 06-26-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Pappy 12 on a shelf out west?!?!?

What. in. the. ****? Someone loves you.

I need to try more of the High West stuff. Everyone loves it. I just have so much to drink right now that I am not buying bottles for a while. Next purchases though I'll be looking at them.
Owner purchased a big lot of wine and to close the deal the distributor rep promised the Pappy. She thought it was best to put it on the shelf
and let her customer base enjoy it. I was blown away!

PM me when you go to hit up the High West. Happy to help if I can!
[Reply]
Page 51 of 207
« First < 414748495051 5253545561101151 > Last »
Up