ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1121 of 2693
« First < 12162110211071111111171118111911201121 112211231124112511311171122116212121 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 10:54 AM 10-02-2018
They're about to replay the game on NFL Network.

Get the Jergens bottle ready.
[Reply]
Shaid 10:58 AM 10-02-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
me and pat (sex change) after the third and 16

You've got to make that Reid and Mahomes with Elway as one of the storm troopers behind them.
[Reply]
O.city 10:58 AM 10-02-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
This is what Andy does against Denver in Denver

It's not quite as bad as the 'bank shot' game, but Andy gets super conservative at Mile High. I guess that makes sense with the struggles we had in protection.
I think that’s just how you have to play them with that pass rush. They play man and bring pressure. Those short crossers and such will be the way to go

It’s why Alex seemed to figure them out later
[Reply]
JDKinman 11:00 AM 10-02-2018
Originally Posted by Frosty:
I've been curious how Pat will play in bad, wet weather. Did he have many bad weather games at TT?
Not many. Biggest weather factor in Lubbock was usually the howling winds. Watched him play in a few games on a wet field. Didn't affect his throwing, but it did affect his footwork (scrambling out of the pocket). But the boy can adjust to wind, cold, rain or whatever at seemingly warp speed and still make you shake your head in awe wondering "How the hell did he DO that?"

The comeback in the fourth quarter is what I was waiting to see. I, and other Tech alumni here, have stated over and over that the young man's biggest attribute is that he just doesn't ever quit or give up AND he finds a way to pull it off almost every single time.

I might be run off from here for mentioning these two names, but the facts are facts--Roger Staubach and John Elway struck absolute terror into opposing teams who managed to get a lead on them late in the game because you knew that you could never count Staubach or Elway out. More importantly, Staubach and Elway's teammates knew that so long as their quarterback was in the huddle and had a pulse, more than likely they were going to come back and win the game.

Mahomes has that same aura about him. A natural leader, you can already see the confidence he is inspiring in not just his offensive teammates, but the entire team. When you got a guy like Mahomes behind center and doing the things he does, the receivers run their routes just a little bit crisper, the running backs make their cuts a bit sharper, the line puts a little more uumph into their blocks, the punters and kickers give a little extra leg. . .

As far as the KC defense. . .
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 11:01 AM 10-02-2018
Originally Posted by JDKinman:
Not many. Biggest weather factor in Lubbock was usually the howling winds. Watched him play in a few games on a wet field. Didn't affect his throwing, but it did affect his footwork (scrambling out of the pocket). But the boy can adjust to wind, cold, rain or whatever at seemingly warp speed and still make you shake your head in awe wondering "How the hell did he DO that?"

The comeback in the fourth quarter is what I was waiting to see. I, and other Tech alumni here, have stated over and over that the young man's biggest attribute is that he just doesn't ever quit or give up AND he finds a way to pull it off almost every single time.

I might be run off from here for mentioning these two names, but the facts are facts--Roger Staubach and John Elway struck absolute terror into opposing teams who managed to get a lead on them late in the game because you knew that you could never count Staubach or Elway out. More importantly, Staubach and Elway's teammates knew that so long as their quarterback was in the huddle and had a pulse, more than likely they were going to come back and win the game.

Mahomes has that same aura about him. A natural leader, you can already see the confidence he is inspiring in not just his offensive teammates, but the entire team. When you got a guy like Mahomes behind center and doing the things he does, the receivers run their routes just a little bit crisper, the running backs make their cuts a bit sharper, the line puts a little more uumph into their blocks, the punters and kickers give a little extra leg. . .

As far as the KC defense. . .
What a lovely post
[Reply]
New World Order 11:02 AM 10-02-2018
Mahomes looks more dangerous with shitty protection
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:03 AM 10-02-2018
Originally Posted by Best22:
Yeah, but alot of it had to do with pressure and good coverage by Denver

He threw 6 touchdowns against the Steelers, 5 of which were from the pocket. If he has time to throw, and his receivers get open, he can shred you from the pocket
Denver also did a good job disguising the coverages. In pittsburgh, mahomes was getting rid of the ball almost as soon as it was snapped. It shows mahomes still has some developing to do in terms of presnap. But given his inexperience, he's still off the charts. I am not saying he isn't a good pocket qb. He can already torch average defenses. Like any young qb, he's learning and I'm glad he's learning it vs getting too comfortable being the improviser.
[Reply]
CupidStunt 11:05 AM 10-02-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Ugh I want to go to the Jacksonville game now. The crowd roar when he comes in. It's going to be unbelievable.
Fucking do it, man. Life is short. I live in Germany; you have no idea how lucky you are to be able to go so easily.
[Reply]
JDKinman 11:09 AM 10-02-2018
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Mahomes looks more dangerous with shitty protection
He is.

At Tech, he and his receivers spent hours upon hours each week after practice running impromptu routes and scenarios. At Texas Tech, our receivers know every square inch of the playing field and they find multiple ways to get open when the QB is flushed out of the pocket and the play breaks down.

From everything I've read and followed, Mahomes spent a LOT of time last year working and building chemistry with the second/third string receiving and running corps, and then the starters this summer.

Translation? Anyone who touches the football on the Chiefs' offense is a lethal weapon and probable first down or long gain or score when Mahomes gets flushed out of the pocket. We've already seen it several times this season in just the first four games.

If we were to time travel back to the 60's, Mahomes would be a hybrid blend of Fran Tarkenton's scrambling ability, Johnny Unitas' arm and precision throwing perfection and Bart Starr's intelligence, dedication (to the game) and leadership.

I honestly believe Mahomes will end up creating a new niche and standard for NFL quarterbacks before his career is over.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 11:11 AM 10-02-2018
Originally Posted by In58men:
https://twitter.com/woodymlb4/status...927739905?s=21

:-) :-) :-)
That was hilarious! :-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:12 AM 10-02-2018

Wait until he faces a real defense, they said...

Wait until he faces a tough road environment, they said...

Wait until he has to bring his team back from behind, they said...

Done waiting. #Mahomes

— nick wright (@getnickwright) October 2, 2018

[Reply]
The Franchise 11:13 AM 10-02-2018

Patrick Mahomes:

Aaron Rodgers accuracy / escapability
Brett Favre moxie
Tom Brady pinpoint deep ball
John Elway arm strength
Joe Montana clutch gene
Drew Brees intangibles
Did I mentioned he just turned 23?#Chiefs

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) October 2, 2018

[Reply]
In58men 11:15 AM 10-02-2018

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
RedRaider56 11:15 AM 10-02-2018
Originally Posted by In58men:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
how cool is that?
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:16 AM 10-02-2018

Man i love this team! #ChiefsKingdom let’s keep it rollin!

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes5) October 2, 2018

[Reply]
Page 1121 of 2693
« First < 12162110211071111111171118111911201121 112211231124112511311171122116212121 > Last »
Up