ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3150 of 3903
« First < 2150265030503100314031463147314831493150 31513152315331543160320032503650 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Marcellus 07:33 PM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Anyone immunocompromised is at higher risk. Same as diabetics.

Last I checked there’s a lot of those around
Data still tells us what the average age of death and survival rates are so its still mainly elderly. Its in the data.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 07:34 PM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
If after 9 months of this shit show you don’t believe that masks help slow the spread of Covid, nothing I can say can convince you of that fact.
Several studys just came out saying a mask mandate doesn't work.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:34 PM 11-18-2020
If after 9 months of this shit show you don’t believe that masks help slow the spread of Covid, nothing I can say can convince you of that fact.
You seem to be countering your own point and dont realize it.
[Reply]
eDave 07:35 PM 11-18-2020
Where the fuck is Lewdog. He's seen it too!
[Reply]
O.city 07:36 PM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
I think this was part of the problem from the get go. Americans in general don't respond well to being told what to do. They should have found a way to incentivize and motivate people to follow guidelines. The Governor just did something similar when he allowed kids to not have to be guaranteed if they were 6 feet away and properly wearing a mask. That's the type of shit that actually works.

You want to be sure you play in the game tomorrow, Johnny? Wear your mask and keep your ass in that seat.
Probably

Dunno
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:36 PM 11-18-2020
The issue with it though, is that unless you’re prepared to stay away from those trying to follow strict precautions and such, it will eventually get in places.

So those who are trying to do their best to protect themselves accordingly aren’t really in control of it
Wrong, thats the entire premise of wearing masks and social distancing. You dont have to go a single place without a mask and social distancing if you dont want.

If you still get it, then those measures didnt work.
[Reply]
Bowser 07:37 PM 11-18-2020
I just wish we would have realized masks worked in slowing the spread of viruses during all the flu seasons in years gone by.
[Reply]
eDave 07:38 PM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I just wish we would have realized masks worked in slowing the spread of viruses during all the flu seasons in years gone by.
I sending this post back for rework.
[Reply]
Donger 07:39 PM 11-18-2020
March says hello.
[Reply]
Bowser 07:40 PM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
I sending this post back for rework.
You is?
[Reply]
O.city 07:40 PM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Wrong, thats the entire premise of wearing masks and social distancing. You dont have to go a single place without a mask and social distancing if you dont want.

If you still get it, then those measures didnt work.
It’s not a single measure that’s going to work. It’s a multitude of things, stacked together.

But you have elderly and those at high risk who still have to work, still have other family members in their household who still have to work etc.

This whole thing has been so badly done from all sides.

Here you’re saying these measures don’t work if you still get it, which inevitably gets to “we shouldn’t take any measures and let it rip and see what happens”

Its just poor messaging all around
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:44 PM 11-18-2020
It’s not a single measure that’s going to work. It’s a multitude of things, stacked together.

But you have elderly and those at high risk who still have to work, still have other family members in their household who still have to work etc.

This whole thing has been so badly done from all sides.

Here you’re saying these measures don’t work if you still get it, which inevitably gets to “we shouldn’t take any measures and let it rip and see what happens”

Its just poor messaging all around
Actually no thats not what I am saying. What I said was we all know the risks and can make the personal choices involved with those risks just like we do in all other aspects of our lives.

And if you are elderly and have to work and are worried wear a mask and social distance, there are no scenarios this isn't viable. If there are they are infinitesimal.
[Reply]
Bowser 07:45 PM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
March says hello.
Was that before or after Fauci backtracked on the mask mandate? A lot has happened since then and I don't remember.
[Reply]
Donger 07:47 PM 11-18-2020
Was that before or after Fauci backtracked on the mask mandate? A lot has happened since then and I don't remember.
If you are referring to when Fauci said that Americans shouldn't be walking around with masks "now," that was stated on March 8.
[Reply]
O.city 07:47 PM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Actually no thats not what I am saying. What I said was we all know the risks and can make the personal choices involved with those risks just like we do in all other aspects of our lives.

And if you are elderly and have to work and are worried wear a mask and social distance, there are no scenarios this isn't viable. If there are they are infinitesimal.
When the virus is this widespread, the risks have greatly increased.

The government has kinda washed its hands of this woth all their bullshit so it’s up to people to weigh risks and do what they can
[Reply]
Page 3150 of 3903
« First < 2150265030503100314031463147314831493150 31513152315331543160320032503650 > Last »
Up