ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 57 of 64
« First < 7475354555657 58596061 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Lamar Jackson wasn't, isn't, and never will be better than Patrick Mahomes
Wallcrawler 09:14 AM 01-16-2020
This "Lamar Jackson is in the same league as Mahomes" nonsense on every football related show I see needs to stop.

Lamar Jackson, on the biggest stage, has now shit down his leg in both opportunities. Lamar is a player who has to have everything around him working perfectly to have success. Put him down 2 scores and ask him to carry the team, he cannot answer the bell.

There's a big difference between a running quarterback, and a quarterback who can run. Lamar Jackson and The Ravens ran 88 plays and put up 12 points.

Jackson attempted 59 passes, only threw one touchdown, but also threw two picks and lost a fumble. 12 points on 59 pass attempts should tell you all you need to know about Lamar as a QB when the lights are the brightest.

Nobody would bat an eye if before the game, soneone told us Pat would put the ball up 59 times. Matter of fact, id be pretty excited to see how many points and yards he would put up in that span of plays.

When things got bad for both QBs, you saw the odds on favorite to win the MVP this year get visible frustrated, press, and ultimately fold. He was nowhere to be seen trying to work out what was happening, rallying his team, he simply pouted on the sideline as his team fell further behind.

The reigning MVP had literally no quit. Its one thing to say after the fact, that we had faith all along, its quite another for that to be true.

Down 24, think about that for a moment. 24. Mahomes is captured, in that moment on the sideline saying we have everything we want. Everyones already counted us the **** out, so go do something special.

Then, to walk the walk after talking the talk, leading the team to 7 straight touchdowns and 8 scoring drives, throwing 5 touchdown passes, and displaying a fiery emotion that if you dont feel anything when you see this kid going nuts after a huge play, call the coroner, because youre already dead.

The two qbs could not be further apart. Jackson cannot hold Mahomes jock when it comes to putting the team on his back.

Lamar should consider signing with KC as a running back. Its the only way barring injury to Mahomes, that hes ever getting a ring.

Mahomes is the MVP. Its not even close. Lamar is a running back executing the halfback pass play about 20-25 times a game.

Jacksons first two years have ended with dud playoff performances.

Mahomes first two years as a starter sees his team hosting back to back AFC title games for a frachise that in its entire history never hosted a single one before he arrived.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 03:02 PM 01-30-2024
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Whenever Pat is asked about an upcoming game/matchup, he always says "I'm looking forward to the challenge."

When Lamar was asked about playing Mahomes, he said, "I don't want to play him at all."

Kudos for honesty, kid, but champions don't think/talk like that.
Yeah you never heard Karl Malone saying that shit.
[Reply]
crispystl 03:03 PM 01-30-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
He made one pass and one that was incomplete that I said... that was a nice throw. A lot of rainbows and wide open throws.

My standards might be a bit high though when Mahomes is throwing guys open and doing back hip throws and shit.
He missed a couple guys that were WIDE open. I think both were pretty deep outside the hashes.
[Reply]
DRM08 03:03 PM 01-30-2024
Originally Posted by Shields68:
I think they always planed to pay him until he hits 30 and I doubt that has changed based upon this game. He is still one of those electric players that a team needs to game plan around. He does not take hardly any big hits and that quickness he will be fine until then. After this contract will be a question. Flowers is making him look a lot better as a thrower.

Though in fairness I do not think he played a terrible game. The under throw to Lively in triple coverage was the one glaring mistake. Spags out coached them. Gave them personnel packages and blitz's they were not used to seeing. That is for sure. But they had an oppurtunity. Patrick kept them off the field in the first half they did not establish a rythm. Never figured out if they could run the ball. They moved the football in the second half but a lot of stupid plays not all of which were done by Jackson.
They're married to Lamar for awhile, that's for sure. I do think he has lost a step compared to 5 years ago. That early 4th & 1 play where he got into open space? 5 years ago it's a long touchdown run. This time the Chiefs ran him down pretty easily. He's still one of the quickest and fastest QB's ever, but not quite the same guy from earlier years. He'll need to keep improving as a passer to help offset a loss of athleticism in his later years.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:43 PM 01-30-2024
Originally Posted by DRM08:
He's still one of the quickest and fastest QB's ever, but not quite the same guy from earlier years. He'll need to keep improving as a passer to help offset a loss of athleticism in his later years.

Problem is, I think he’s done developing. Pretty sure this is Lamar’s final form as a passer. Maybe he’ll prove me wrong, maybe someone here will provide a compelling argument for why he’s still improving, but as far as I can tell, he’s done developing.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 03:44 PM 01-30-2024
The media bitching about Ravens not running the ball is ok I guess but Lamar is their big star and big paid guy so he should have the ball in his hands to go win it. He can't do it and is a choker.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 04:02 PM 01-30-2024
Mentally, Lamar doesn't have the toughness. You could see the dude was shaking like a dog shitting razorblades inside as soon as we went up two scores.

His sideline demeanor and body language is ****ing terrible. He's not rallying anyone, he's not gameplanning, he's just stewing in his own inferiority complex.

Each of these losses is now a force multiplier for his next playoff appearance. That pressure to win is going to crush him to the point that he cannot perform at all.

The contrast between Lamar and Mahomes is hilarious.

Imagine Lamar Jackson losing the lead with 13 seconds left.

Imagine Lamar Jackson getting blasted 24-0 in the first quarter.

Do you see this dude in any way shape or form able to mentally respond to that?

Me neither.

Lamar could win a superbowl in the instance everything goes perfect, their defense scores some points, and they just boat race everyone. Lamar is a dangerous front runner.
[Reply]
tredadda 04:13 PM 01-30-2024
Originally Posted by frozenchief:
Scott Kacsmar wrote an interesting column about Sunday's games. Heavy on an analytical perspective, he noted that Lamar:

Lamar was 1-3 against the high-flying Chiefs of 2018-21, only winning in 2021 against their worst defense in a game where he still threw multiple picks and needed CEH to fumble in game-winning field goal territory.

Lamar is 3-14 against playoff teams that score more than 21 points against his team.

Why more than 21? Mahomes led the Chiefs to at least 22 points in 15-of-16 career playoff games before Sunday.

Why not include 21 points? Because scoring 21 points is a below-average scoring figure for every NFL season since 2007.

Finally, Lamar was 0-3 in the playoffs when teams scored more than 13 points, already losing 23-17 to the Chargers and 17-3 to Buffalo in a game where he threw a pick-six.

He doesn't come right out and say it (well, he almost does) but it's clear he thinks that Lamar is a decent QB who happens to play on a team with a great defense. You talk about damning Lamar with faint praise. He points out that in EVERY year that Lamar makes the playoffs, Lamar leads his offense to his lowest point total of the season. Further, this is Lamar's 4th wire-to-wire loss in the playoffs. A wire-to-wire loss is a loss in which the QB's team never leads.

Kacsmar doesn't say it but Lamar really is a running back who is playing at the QB position.

Article is here:

https://captaincomeback.blog/2024/01...ionship-games/

It's well worth a read. Started perusing his website and it looks worth examining in more detail.
Despite all of this he could still be considered a HOF QB when it’s all said and done because of two MVPs. Fascinating to say the least.
[Reply]
Eleazar 05:02 PM 01-30-2024
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Despite all of this he could still be considered a HOF QB when it’s all said and done because of two MVPs. Fascinating to say the least.
There isn’t one thing about Lamar Jackson’s resume that says HOF except this hype based award the Associated Press awarded him.
[Reply]
crispystl 05:11 PM 01-30-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Not sure I'd put him that low, but I've never really watched him and thought, holy shit this guy is special. Then again, he's also smarter than Allen, so while he doesn't have the same level of athleticism, you're trading for some hero ball and leading the league in turnovers.... so, boring is better to some degree, I guess.
Yeah he's just a different beast. He doesn't pose the issues on defense like Allen does, but on the other hand he's a lot less likely to hand you the game as well. I used to think I preferred playing Allen over Burrow, but I think after last year's AFC championship game and then playing Allen a couple times I realized it was playing against Burrow, those WRs AND their 2022 defense that was so tough. In a vacuum or with a dead even supporting casts I'd much rather play Burrow now. And don't even bring up the RB in Baltimore.
[Reply]
Back to Back Champ 05:35 PM 01-30-2024
When his career is finished, Patrick Mahomes will be The GOAT.

He will win more Superbowls than Tom Brady.
[Reply]
gold_and_red 05:51 PM 01-30-2024
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Mentally, Lamar doesn't have the toughness. You could see the dude was shaking like a dog shitting razorblades inside as soon as we went up two scores.

His sideline demeanor and body language is ****ing terrible. He's not rallying anyone, he's not gameplanning, he's just stewing in his own inferiority complex.

Each of these losses is now a force multiplier for his next playoff appearance. That pressure to win is going to crush him to the point that he cannot perform at all.

The contrast between Lamar and Mahomes is hilarious.

Imagine Lamar Jackson losing the lead with 13 seconds left.

Imagine Lamar Jackson getting blasted 24-0 in the first quarter.

Do you see this dude in any way shape or form able to mentally respond to that?

Me neither.

Lamar could win a superbowl in the instance everything goes perfect, their defense scores some points, and they just boat race everyone. Lamar is a dangerous front runner.
If a boatload of things need to be perfect for him to win the playoffs, then he is not the guy. The degree of difficulty increases manifold week to week in the playoffs. Teams will have some combo of elite defensive aspects, QB play and weapons. If Lamar only knows one way to win, then it is easy to gameplan for.

He just needs to catch Mahomes on a bad day like lucky Burrow did or hope that other aspects of his team play out of their minds over a few weeks.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:36 PM 01-30-2024

[Reply]
Bearcat 07:50 PM 01-30-2024
Originally Posted by crispystl:
He missed a couple guys that were WIDE open. I think both were pretty deep outside the hashes.
Yeah, he's just not very good.

I noticed the Chiefs had the reel of one of the throws I thought was pretty good...https://www.facebook.com/reel/1155541919130064
...with the blitz, lowers his arm angle. After watching the replay a couple times, not all that strong of a throw though and floated a bit, seemed more impressive in real time.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:36 PM 01-30-2024
bahahahaha

This Lamar F-bomb has to be after the pick �� pic.twitter.com/pIYczh6AZf

— ��️ Red Tribe Cinema (@ClayWendler) January 31, 2024

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:42 PM 01-30-2024

[Reply]
Page 57 of 64
« First < 7475354555657 58596061 > Last »
Up