ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 35
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Josh Allen or Patrick Mahomes?
Deberg_1990 06:55 PM 11-28-2019
We are starting to see some people saying Josh Allen is/will be better than Patrick Mahomes. I think it’s ridiculous, but there are people that feel that way. I was wondering if anyone here would choose Josh over Mahomes. So the choice is simple: who would you rather have as QB for the next 12 years? Allen Or Mahomes?
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:33 PM 10-14-2020
I thought after last night we put this argument to bed? Josh Allen isn't anywhere near Mahomes' level. he has a big arm and he's mobile, and that's literally the end of the comparison. At least for now. Maybe he becomes something more comparable in a few years, but right now, when it comes to the cerebral part of the game, Allen is playing with crayons and construction paper; Mahomes is using a Surface Pro 7 or something.
[Reply]
diqlix 06:32 AM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I thought after last night we put this argument to bed? Josh Allen isn't anywhere near Mahomes' level. he has a big arm and he's mobile, and that's literally the end of the comparison. At least for now. Maybe he becomes something more comparable in a few years, but right now, when it comes to the cerebral part of the game, Allen is playing with crayons and construction paper; Mahomes is using a Surface Pro 7 or something.
I agree that Allen is not on Mahomes level.

But what exactly are you referring to in the game the other night?

Allen was 63% for 260 yards, 2 TD's and 2 INT's (one was a tipped pass, not his fault).

He didn't exactly shit the bed or anything.

And this season:

Allen: 69% for 1,589 yards, 17 TD's and 3 INT's
Mahomes: 64% for 1,474 yards, 15 TD's, and 1 INT's

I don't think I'll ever understand the disrespect some have for Allen.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:36 AM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by daquix:

Allen was 63% for 260 yards, 2 TD's and 2 INT's (one was a tipped pass, not his fault).

And this season:

CP collective mindset:

“He’s not Mahomes, so he sucks”
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:36 AM 10-15-2020

And this season:

It's the same thing Ravens fans hear when they think we're "disrespecting" Lamar Jackson.

Stats only tell half the story. Allen is a physically-gifted yet quirky QB. He certainly seems to be improving but his entire body of work just isn't that impressive, yet.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:37 AM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
CP collective mindset:

Absolutely not true.

Pointing out legitimate flaws does not equal "he sucks".

But you're the same dipshit that's made his reputation on asking whether we should have drafted Deshaun Watson over Mahomes.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:46 AM 10-15-2020
Josh Allen is absolutely a starting level QB in the NFL. He is not a top ten QB and the reasons are:

1.He has slow eyes and struggles to read the field. If his first read is not open the play probably is at best a checkdown or run.

2.He makes poor decisions and panics under pressure.

He has all the physical traits that old time scouts love. Big Arm, Size, Athletic. He is also a very tough kid.

His arm talent is nowhere near Mahomes. The only similarity is Allen has a cannon and can rifle the ball really fast. He loses accuracy fast off platform and his velocity/accuracy dip on almost all off-platform throws other than rolling to the right. His ball placement instincts and spatial awareness are low.

Where Allen has been excelling this year is that teams are worried about his running so they keep playing soft zone and this allows his big arm to rifle the ball into huge windows where he only needs area code accuracy.

Tighten the coverage, play man defense with coverage and he looks like a different player. If you want to see this look at the Rams game this year. 1st half zone, 2nd half man. He struggled in the 2nd half except for 3rd and long when Rams went back into zone.

Playing soft zone against Allen looks like prevent.
[Reply]
diqlix 09:19 AM 10-15-2020
CP collective mindset:

Such a strange mindset, isn't it?

Of course he's not Mahomes. But that doesn't mean he is awful. Or any other Qb for that matter.
[Reply]
diqlix 09:21 AM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's the same thing Ravens fans hear when they think we're "disrespecting" Lamar Jackson.

Stats only tell half the story. Allen is a physically-gifted yet quirky QB. He certainly seems to be improving but his entire body of work just isn't that impressive, yet.
Well yeah I don't think anyone should anoint the dude.

But to show no respect for a QB who has put up better stats than pretty much any other QB trough 5 games is just weird.
[Reply]
diqlix 09:22 AM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Where Allen has been excelling this year is that teams are worried about his running so they keep playing soft zone and this allows his big arm to rifle the ball into huge windows where he only needs area code accuracy.

Tighten the coverage, play man defense with coverage and he looks like a different player. If you want to see this look at the Rams game this year. 1st half zone, 2nd half man. He struggled in the 2nd half except for 3rd and long when Rams went back into zone.

Playing soft zone against Allen looks like prevent.
That comment just exposed you my friend.

Allen is really good at tight window throws.

Probably his best trait, outside of running.

If you have gamepass, watch a few of his games this year. I have.

He is amazing at tight windows.

It's the touch passes he sucks at. He's more likely to miss a wide open guy than a guy who has 2 guys draped on him.

That's quite the throw by Josh Allenpic.twitter.com/ZfSgGMKWer

— Safest Betting Sites (@SBS_Authority) October 13, 2020

.@JoshAllenQB fits it in a tight window and the @BuffaloBills are in Patriots territory. #GoBills

��: #BUFvsNE on @NFLNetwork
Watch now on your ��: https://t.co/tbGyM1cXB3
How to watch on any device: https://t.co/9oFWSFEujX pic.twitter.com/yd7OGDAx9p

— NFL (@NFL) December 22, 2019

Josh Allen taking the under in 2nd window pic.twitter.com/43sVmnw9Vh

— QB Film Room (@QBFilmRoom) January 4, 2020

Josh Allen with a TIGHT window throw to KB for TD �� #Bills pic.twitter.com/PCITonyPgN

— Bills QB Watch (@BillsQBwatch) December 14, 2018

[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 09:24 AM 10-15-2020
CP collective mindset:

Your retardation knows no bounds
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:37 AM 10-15-2020
That comment just exposed you my friend.

Allen is really good at tight window throws.

Probably his best trait, outside of running.

If you have gamepass, watch a few of his games this year. I have.

He is amazing at tight windows.

It's the touch passes he sucks at. He's more likely to miss a wide open guy than a guy who has 2 guys draped on him.

I have watched every throw by Allen in the NFL and most from Wyoming.

What you call "tight window throws" are a mixed bag from the videos you used as an example. The throw to Beasley was all about arm strength and gunning it in there.

He's an NFL starter. Every NFL starter you can pull highlights similar to what you just did.

I have seen him make pretty throws against man. It's just that he doesn't like that coverage compared to zone. Watch the Tennessee game that was just played where Tenny focused on Bills primary receivers and Allen stopped even looking downfield and just kept checking down to Beasley burning 7 minutes of game clock when he needed to speed it up.

Allen right now is pretty much a one read/region read QB that struggles to process the field and doesn't throw with anticipation. That's why when he can just wait for a WR to enter his region he is reading or waiting for and then firing it in there is what he does best now.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:26 AM 10-15-2020
CP collective mindset:

Russell Wilson is damn near as good as Mahomes, and he certainly does not suck.

All the other QBs? I mean.... they've all got some sort of flaw (or multiple flaws) where Mahomes has none.

There. You happy? Sorry I don't believe Lamar Jackson or Deshaun Watson are even in the same universe as Mahomes. Because they're not. Period.
[Reply]
diqlix 10:51 AM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I have watched every throw by Allen in the NFL and most from Wyoming.

What you call "tight window throws" are a mixed bag from the videos you used as an example. The throw to Beasley was all about arm strength and gunning it in there.

He's an NFL starter. Every NFL starter you can pull highlights similar to what you just did.

I have seen him make pretty throws against man. It's just that he doesn't like that coverage compared to zone. Watch the Tennessee game that was just played where Tenny focused on Bills primary receivers and Allen stopped even looking downfield and just kept checking down to Beasley burning 7 minutes of game clock when he needed to speed it up.

Allen right now is pretty much a one read/region read QB that struggles to process the field and doesn't throw with anticipation. That's why when he can just wait for a WR to enter his region he is reading or waiting for and then firing it in there is what he does best now.
The Titans dropped 5 guys in coverage deep and he was taken what was given to him.

He is not on Mahomes level. I dont understand how that comparison ever came up.

But tight window throws ARE his wheel house. Its what he excels in (with running).

I've seen so many of his throws that are inaccurate and they're almost always on open guys. It's crazy.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:00 AM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Russell Wilson is damn near as good as Mahomes, and he certainly does not suck.

All the other QBs? I mean.... they've all got some sort of flaw (or multiple flaws) where Mahomes has none.

There. You happy? Sorry I don't believe Lamar Jackson or Deshaun Watson are even in the same universe as Mahomes. Because they're not. Period.
Rodgers is playing like the Rodgers of old, so I’d throw him in there with Pat and Wilson too.

But that’s absolutely it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:03 AM 10-15-2020
Well yeah I don't think anyone should anoint the dude.

But to show no respect for a QB who has put up better stats than pretty much any other QB trough 5 games is just weird.
There's a lot of respect for Allen here. "No respect" is a pretty strong statement.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 35
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up