ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 85
« First < 41011121314 151617182464 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Handy-Man Corner
Iowanian 08:25 AM 09-24-2004
I'm tired of bad Chiefs news.....

I thought it would be a good idea for a thread on the Handy-Man.

Do you have any Home remedies, gadgets you've made, advice on car repair, home maint, sollutions to kill weeds in your yard, bugs in your garden?

Use Coke to clean your batteries? That type of stuff.
Home made floor dry?
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 09:33 AM 08-14-2006
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
Here you go, my large cranium aquaintance.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...000057+5001088

Lowes also usually has some great financing options and prices on appliances....6 months no interest..stuff like that.

if you just need to get it in a smaller space, measure first, but its only a couple of pins or screws to remove the doors. A donkey fan could figure out how to do that if a raider fan was reading him the directions.
Yeah, I saw those..but damn. Those are 500-600 more than their counterparts. Very annoying. Like I said, not a problem fitting it through the door.
[Reply]
PastorMikH 10:24 AM 08-14-2006
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
I'll have to check that out. Usually the 29" deep ones are very small. I need at least 17 cubic feet.

The problem is not getting the fridge in the apartment.

The ones I looked at were on Sears' site and all were larger than 20 cubic feet. They are listed in the "Counter Depth" section. The one thing you will have to watch for though is width. We had an Amana that was shallow, but it was wider than normal so we had trouble when we moved getting it to fit in different spaces.
[Reply]
Lzen 03:29 PM 08-14-2006
Just a followup to my graffiti problem. We used WD40 and it worked like a champ. The key is to spray it on and leave it for a couple minutes. Then, just wipe and/or scrub with a cloth. My wife came up with the idea. She remembered an email she received awhile back about the many uses for WD40. There's even a website for those many uses, but I can't remember the address. Though I'm sure you can find it with a Google search.
[Reply]
Lzen 03:33 PM 08-14-2006
Next thing I plan to do is put up a motion detecting security light. If you guys have any other suggestions, I would be open to them.
[Reply]
luv 04:51 PM 08-14-2006
Darn it. I was hoping this was a thread about men who are good with their hands.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 04:54 PM 08-14-2006
I havea a stubby screwdriver that has a two-sided head. phillips on one side, pull it out, switch it around, it's flathead.
I keep it in "that kitchen drawer" (you know the one) and it is the most handy tool I use.
[Reply]
Iowanian 08:08 PM 08-14-2006
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Next thing I plan to do is put up a motion detecting security light. If you guys have any other suggestions, I would be open to them.
It'll take a little diggin, but I'd suggest one of these with some ganster-bait first

[Reply]
BucEyedPea 08:12 PM 08-14-2006
I'm tired of bad Chiefs news.....

I thought it would be a good idea for a thread on the Handy-Man.

Do you have any Home remedies, gadgets you've made, advice on car repair, home maint, sollutions to kill weeds in your yard, bugs in your garden?

Use Coke to clean your batteries? That type of stuff.
Home made floor dry?
Eh..hmmm...it's handyperson...you sexist! :-) :-)

I'm all thumbs though when it comes to this stuff.
This one thing men are good for!

Other than that I have lots of craft bins...and over several hundred cookie cutters! Some I made myself. I also used them at one time to make lollipops for B'day parties.
[Reply]
Skip Towne 08:14 PM 08-14-2006
It'll take a little diggin, but I'd suggest one of these with some ganster-bait first

I was going to suggest a cleverly disguised machine gun nest. Effective..........and fun.
[Reply]
Fish 09:32 PM 08-14-2006
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Just a followup to my graffiti problem. We used WD40 and it worked like a champ. The key is to spray it on and leave it for a couple minutes. Then, just wipe and/or scrub with a cloth. My wife came up with the idea. She remembered an email she received awhile back about the many uses for WD40. There's even a website for those many uses, but I can't remember the address. Though I'm sure you can find it with a Google search.
Another use I found for WD40... out of complete desperation.....

WD40 will relieve the sting and smell of a skunk spray. I stumbled apon a skunk once while siding a house in the country, and got squirted pretty good. All I had in the truck was Gatorade, paint, and WD40. It greatly eased the pain and reduced the smell. Anybody that's been sprayed will contest how bad a skunk spray is. My last option was gonna be pissing on my own shoulder.... so I'm pretty glad the WD40 worked....
[Reply]
Phobia 12:11 AM 08-15-2006
Saul,
Make a trip to the Sears Outlet on Front street in KC. It's well worth your time. We picked up a stainless fridge with a tiny scratch for less than half of retail a couple weeks ago. They have hundreds available there. I'm thinking you should be able to find something that works for you.
[Reply]
Moooo 12:18 AM 08-15-2006
Originally Posted by Phobia:
Saul,
Make a trip to the Sears Outlet on Front street in KC. It's well worth your time. We picked up a stainless fridge with a tiny scratch for less than half of retail a couple weeks ago. They have hundreds available there. I'm thinking you should be able to find something that works for you.
If they're having a stainless steel sale you may be able to pick up a Delorean for cheap too...

Delorean...

Moooo, who is drunk
[Reply]
teedubya 02:45 AM 08-15-2006
seriously...

Available
IOWANIAN.COM is available!

get a blog man... tear it up. you would have a killer site to check out.
[Reply]
Iowanian 08:06 AM 08-15-2006
I've thought about it....but honestly don't have a clue how to begin to start it. I'd probably just end up stealing stuff I put here already.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:08 AM 08-15-2006
Originally Posted by KC Fish:
Another use I found for WD40... out of complete desperation.....

WD40 will relieve the sting and smell of a skunk spray. I stumbled apon a skunk once while siding a house in the country, and got squirted pretty good. All I had in the truck was Gatorade, paint, and WD40. It greatly eased the pain and reduced the smell. Anybody that's been sprayed will contest how bad a skunk spray is. My last option was gonna be pissing on my own shoulder.... so I'm pretty glad the WD40 worked....
So, you're saying a skunk's spray stings as well as stinks?
[Reply]
Page 14 of 85
« First < 41011121314 151617182464 > Last »
Up