ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 64
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Media Center>Avengers: Infinity War
keg in kc 02:23 PM 02-11-2017
(Thinking we've abused the Civil War thread enough...)

[Reply]
Bowser 01:45 PM 04-28-2018
Thought it was amazing, all of it. There were nitpicks here and there, but I grinned liked a little kid throughout most of the movie. Will definitely be seeing it again, and probably soon.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
RunKC 02:02 PM 04-28-2018
Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 02:11 PM 04-28-2018
Taking the four year old to see it this afternoon

I’ve been good thus far with no spoilers
[Reply]
Bowser 02:17 PM 04-28-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
Taking the four year old to see it this afternoon

I’ve been good thus far with no spoilers
Just a head's up - there is some rather gratuitous violence in the movie. And Thanos' Black Order are made up of characters that look like potential nightmare fuel for little kids......
[Reply]
Bowser 02:52 PM 04-28-2018
I liked the nod to the Infinity Gauntlet comic book storyline -

[Reply]
HC_Chief 03:26 PM 04-28-2018
So good; took the boy to see it today. Told the Mrs, who liked Thor: Ragnarok & Guardians movies, she would like this one.

Funny, action, great pacing, top notch escapism. I kept thinking how much Star Wars now sucks ass and how Marvel movies have completely eclipsed that brand.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 03:39 PM 04-28-2018
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:
So good; took the boy to see it today. Told the Mrs, who liked Thor: Ragnarok & Guardians movies, she would like this one.

Funny, action, great pacing, top notch escapism. I kept thinking how much Star Wars now sucks ass and how Marvel movies have completely eclipsed that brand.
MCU is basically this generation's Star Wars franchise.

And Yes, Disney took a giant shit all over Star Wars. The Last Jedi was one of the worst movies I've seen in the last decade, and it rivals the mega shit burgers that were Eps 1-3.

I'm not going to go on another rant about how Kylo Ren is the worst movie villain of all time, I did that in another thread....but I will say that MCU did Thanos right. He's this generation's Darth Vader. Brolin did an excellent job. Finally a villain that's worth a shit.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 03:44 PM 04-28-2018
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
MCU is basically this generation's Star Wars franchise.

And Yes, Disney took a giant shit all over Star Wars. The Last Jedi was one of the worst movies I've seen in the last decade, and it rivals the mega shit burgers that were Eps 1-3.

I'm not going to go on another rant about how Kylo Ren is the worst movie villain of all time, I did that in another thread....but I will say that MCU did Thanos right. He's this generation's Darth Vader. Brolin did an excellent job. Finally a villain that's worth a shit.
Agreed. Thanos was amazing. Loved that he had motivation other than "eeeviilllll"; Brolin made you almost empathize with him... certainly understood his perspective. In that aspect, Thanos eclipses Vader (with exception of ending Rogue One Vader, who was ubermegabadass).

Edit: and the new Deadpool trailer they played before A:IW was outstanding! Man, I cannot wait :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:03 PM 04-28-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Spoiler!
Dude come on,
Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:06 PM 04-28-2018
The last two posts about Thanos should be put in spoilers, at least until Monday. Openly talking about his possible motivation.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:10 PM 04-28-2018
Great flick. I truly enjoyed it. So many great character based moments.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
digger 04:16 PM 04-28-2018
Just got back and wow...Lived up to the hype.
[Reply]
digger 04:18 PM 04-28-2018
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:

Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Rams Fan 05:15 PM 04-28-2018
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:

Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
HC_Chief 05:33 PM 04-28-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
The last two posts about Thanos should be put in spoilers, at least until Monday. Openly talking about his possible motivation.
Nah, pointing out that he is well played and not a cardboard character does not equate to a spoiler. Wonder Woman had horrible cardboard character villains... the German General and Doctor, laughably cardboard. Their motivation: eeeeviiiilllll. Meh. Still a good movie but meh villains. This movie, waaaaaay better villain...epic, truly.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 64
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Up