ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 75 of 221
« First < 25657172737475 7677787985125175 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Fishing Thread
Easy 6 07:58 PM 02-19-2010
Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:05 PM 08-29-2014
:-) look at that beautiful ass gar, always been fascinated by those bastards... too bad you had to chop its head off.

Released Fat Mama so she can go make more cats, good man.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 11:20 PM 08-29-2014
Bugs pulled the Gar in a couple weeks back & photo shopped Peytons forehead to it. It's funny ass hell.
I was shocked to see a Flathead still in spawn, this late in the year. she was 90 minute fight on 6 lbs line. We had to pull anchor & drive to her,to get her in the boat. current was just to strong there
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:33 PM 08-29-2014
That big ass cat was caught on panfish line?!

If so... Holy Smokes, awesome job... he must've had to let that thing make mutliple huge runs, lucky it didnt snag you up on anything.

Is the Bugs in question Bugeater?
[Reply]
LiveSteam 11:42 PM 08-29-2014
ya Bugeater reeled in the Gar. ya 6 pound line & a lot of drag, it was either pull anchor or run out of line. I dnt think he ever got Miss Flaty any closer then 25-30 yards from the boat
[Reply]
loochy 06:43 AM 08-30-2014
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
That big ass cat was caught on panfish line?!

If so... Holy Smokes, awesome job... he must've had to let that thing make mutliple huge runs, lucky it didnt snag you up on anything.

Is the Bugs in question Bugeater?
In strong MO River current no less...impressive feat
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:21 AM 08-31-2014
So I was out to do some night fishing down by the river & I was getting settled in just fine then all of a sudden these things came down from the sky on to the ground where my flash light was shining. At first I didn't know what to think of them thought some kind of space bug or space bird. So I bobbed em on the head with a big stick.

Welp it wasn't a space bug or killer space bird but it was a bat. It could have been a space bat? I'm not an expert on them.

Anyways I used him for bait but ended up leaving because of lightning and storm looked like it was coming my way so I got out of there.

Just in time I got home and down pouring rain.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
loochy 07:53 AM 08-31-2014
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
So I was out to do some night fishing down by the river & I was getting settled in just fine then all of a sudden these things came down from the sky on to the ground where my flash light was shining. At first I didn't know what to think of them thought some kind of space bug or space bird. So I bobbed em on the head with a big stick.

Welp it wasn't a space bug or killer space bird but it was a bat. It could have been a space bat?

I'm disappointed in your drug relapse
[Reply]
loochy 07:57 AM 08-31-2014
Originally Posted by Tylerthigpen!1!:
I'm looking to buy my first pair of waders. Any suggestions? I'll be fishing the white river tail waters.
Anything by simms is great (if you can afford it)

I have the simms freestone wading boots and they are VERY comfortable. I can be out all day and my feet and knees won't hurt.
[Reply]
NewChief 08:53 AM 08-31-2014
Originally Posted by Tylerthigpen!1!:
I'm looking to buy my first pair of waders. Any suggestions? I'll be fishing the white river tail waters.

Simms or Patagonia. You can get either at McLellan's in Fayetteville.
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:10 AM 08-31-2014
Originally Posted by loochy:
I'm disappointed in your drug relapse

No no no no not at all.

I just don't like being attacked by space creatures at the lake. Until I could identify it as a bat I thought that species was going make a meal out of my dog & I couldn't have that.
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:35 AM 08-31-2014

Welp it wasn't a space bug or killer space bird but it was a bat. It could have been a space bat? I'm not an expert on them.

Anyways I used him for bait but ended up leaving because of lightning and storm looked like it was coming my way so I got out of there.

Spoiler!
Bats were landing around you?

Yeah, that'd probably be enough to make me pack up.
[Reply]
Simplicity 11:54 AM 08-31-2014
We've been slaying the Northern's out of the Shell-Rock river up here in northern Iowa!
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:57 AM 08-31-2014
Originally Posted by Simplicity:
We've been slaying the Northern's out of the Shell-Rock river up here in northern Iowa!
Pike?
[Reply]
loochy 10:08 PM 08-31-2014
No no no no not at all.

I just don't like being attacked by space creatures at the lake. Until I could identify it as a bat I thought that species was going make a meal out of my dog & I couldn't have that.
:-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:33 PM 10-10-2014
How about this, two buddies reel in back to back world record catfish...

http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/excur...-landed-spain/

Anyone else out there still drowning worms? I'm going tomorrow afternoon, haven't been fishing for a while and its time. Gonna take some firewood, a pack of hotdogs and stay a while.
[Reply]
Page 75 of 221
« First < 25657172737475 7677787985125175 > Last »
Up