ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2023 of 3903
« First < 1023152319231973201320192020202120222023 202420252026202720332073212325233023 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 11:23 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
My favorite is the people wearing them while driving by themselves. :-)

[Reply]
DaFace 11:23 PM 05-12-2020
It's technically best practice to put it on when you leave home and not take it off until you get home, but I don't do it, personally.

It makes sense for people who are often in and out like food delivery drivers, though.
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:26 PM 05-12-2020
This thread has turned into a social mask shaming thread.

Curious if anyone touting mask have done drywall work before? You can wear the best mask and still get the dust in your nose and mouth. If you are touching things at the store, handling money, and then putting your hands on your mask- are you not defeating the purpose?
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:28 PM 05-12-2020
Oh, and no I don't feel funny when wearing mine. I feel badass actually.

GREETINGS FROM THE HUMUNGUS! THE LORD HUMUNGUS! THE WARRIOR OF THE WASTELAND! THE AYATOLLAH OF ROCK AND ROLLA!!!

[Reply]
Halfcan 11:29 PM 05-12-2020
I have seen folks with a welding mask on, scuba gear and bras on their face.
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:29 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:

Curious if anyone touting mask have done drywall work before? You can wear the best mask and still get the dust in your nose and mouth. If you are touching things at the store, handling money, and then putting your hands on your mask- are you not defeating the purpose?
Those particle masks sure as hell don't. I'm actually anxious to try mine with drywall and see how well it works. It fits pretty damn snug.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:30 PM 05-12-2020

But how much of your saliva gets on the wall?

And, no, you're not supposed to touch your mask when it's on.
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:31 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Shit, if you sneeze or cough with one of those cheap particle masks on, you'll blow it right off your face.
[Reply]
cdcox 11:53 PM 05-12-2020
At my university, a reduced level of research has been continued throughout the pandemic. We are starting to ramp up, still within a reduced level.

In the lab, more than 6 feet away: no facial covering required
In the lab, closer than 6 feet: facial covering required
In a common area like a hallway, stairway, etc: facial covering required

Every one is expected to disinfect shared items and commonly touched surfaces. Work at home if you can. The density of people in any building will be far less than a grocery store*. Just good common sense at work here. Yes, it takes a lot of effort to achieve. But this is the most serious situation we have faced as a nation since WWII. Greater than the housing crisis, 911, dot-com crash, gulf wars, Vietnam, Watergate, race riots, assassinations. Get with it people. No one is being asked to storm the beaches of Normandy here. Just mask up when you are in an indoor public area. We used to be able to pull together.

*RANT My only public outing since mid-march other than trying to get take out at Cheese Cake Factory on Mother's Day. It was a total disaster. Based on their web page, I expected my food would be ready in 35 minutes and curbside delivery. Sounds reasonable, I'm in. I pull up for curbside and they refuse to answer the phone. I finally go inside and there are 20 customers milling about the lobby. No one is in charge. No clear indication of how to find your food or how to tell anyone you are here. Ultimately, over an hour to get my food. I had to go inside 3 different times, and made several sarcastic, passive aggressive comments in a loud voice whenever I was inside. I think the "manager" ran away at one point rather than owning the situation. In the end they screwed my order over, which is the least of the offenses. In order of importance to me: 1) Don't advertise curbside service during a pandemic if you can't deliver. 2) Pick up the GD phone to tell me what is going on. 3) Have someone in charge when I walk inside against my will. 4) Anticipate a rush on Mother's day and staff accordingly. 5) Reflect accurate food-ready times on your app before you hold my money hostage. 6) Get my order right.
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:27 AM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:

And, no, you're not supposed to touch your mask when it's on.
So you are telling me all the people out in public wearing masks have not touched them with unsanitized hands getting them on and off before using them again?

I am still seeing only about 3 out of 10 wearing them out in public. Some have them around their necks because they itch. Some are wearing gloves with their mask and then throwing them in the parking lots so others have to pick them up.

Masks seem like more of a placebo to make people feel like they are making a difference- with most people not using them properly while also cross-contaminating them, causing more risk to their health.

Just like the partial closing of the economy- if everything is not done by 100% of the population- it drastically reduces the effectiveness of the measures.
[Reply]
Marcellus 04:38 AM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Ban me from the thread then. I don't give a shit.

To claim this thread is politics-free is ****ing rich, considering the same DC assholes are here spreading misinformation and begging to reopen just like they are over in the cesspool.

I disagree completely the main people making this political are the ones bitching about DC posters who aren't. They are making it political because they dont agree with opinions of those people.

Having a difference of opinion about this doesn't make someone an asshole nor automatically wrong.

There are very intelligent people in the real world from all walks of life arguing we need to open so to act like its a settled argument is disingenuous at best.

And to ignore the real world effects of the lock down is pretty close minded.
[Reply]
Monticore 04:52 AM 05-13-2020
So you are telling me all the people out in public wearing masks have not touched them with unsanitized hands getting them on and off before using them again?

I am still seeing only about 3 out of 10 wearing them out in public. Some have them around their necks because they itch. Some are wearing gloves with their mask and then throwing them in the parking lots so others have to pick them up.

Masks seem like more of a placebo to make people feel like they are making a difference- with most people not using them properly while also cross-contaminating them, causing more risk to their health.

Just like the partial closing of the economy- if everything is not done by 100% of the population- it drastically reduces the effectiveness of the measures.
They can protect you if used correctly, if you plan on taking off and on you risk getting it contaminated and then put yourself at risk, if you touch it and contaminate the outside if it gets wet from breathing for a long period of time you can put yourself at risk as well but in both those situations if you are infected it would still protect others from you and keep infected people from shedding into the environment which would protect the people who are using theirs masks improperly or not wearing any.

If you wash your hands then put mask on then don’t touch it till you plan on removing it carefully with clean hands it can be effective , treat it like sterile equipment, also treat your glasses /sunglasses the same way , putting a contaminated pair on your face could be detrimental as well.
[Reply]
Monticore 06:20 AM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I disagree completely the main people making this political are the ones bitching about DC posters who aren't. They are making it political because they dont agree with opinions of those people.

Having a difference of opinion about this doesn't make someone an asshole nor automatically wrong.

There are very intelligent people in the real world from all walks of life arguing we need to open so to act like its a settled argument is disingenuous at best.

And to ignore the real world effects of the lock down is pretty close minded.
Hamas posted this in fauci thread

http://www.igmchicago.org/surveys/po...vid-19-crisis/
[Reply]
Monticore 06:30 AM 05-13-2020
What Canada can learn from other countries about lifting lockdown measures too soon

I know it's Canada but can somewhat apply to the US

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/south...down-1.5566485
[Reply]
Marcellus 06:30 AM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Hamas posted this in fauci thread

http://www.igmchicago.org/surveys/po...vid-19-crisis/
Neat, so thats the end of the conversation those people are the only opinions?
[Reply]
Page 2023 of 3903
« First < 1023152319231973201320192020202120222023 202420252026202720332073212325233023 > Last »
Up