ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 151
« First < 3910111213 141516172363113 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2019/2020 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread*****
saphojunkie 02:55 PM 04-09-2019
Welcome back, my friends.

The night is dark and full of sophomores. We were due a down year, but it's back to hunting banners.

Thread to be updated as new developments emerge.

RETURNING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

LEAVING PLAYERS:
Spoiler!

INCOMING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

IMPORTANT GAMES:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
BWillie 08:40 AM 05-28-2019
Quite a sad turn of events. KU was in the bag as of weeks ago. KU was def his college choice. That UA money got him to NBL & we prob have to play it safe on the Adidas $ for a while did us in
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:27 AM 05-28-2019
Never understood why more kids don’t do this. Playing for free for millionaire coaches and millionaire AD’s is a laughably stupid and racist system that I’d never want to participate in if I didn’t have to.

Marcus Garrett has to. Josh Jackson, Hampton, Wiggins et al don’t. The latter should absolutely go make 300-400k (plus endorsements ) for a year and stop making others rich under the guise of “amateur purity”
[Reply]
BWillie 12:26 PM 05-28-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Never understood why more kids don’t do this. Playing for free for millionaire coaches and millionaire AD’s is a laughably stupid and racist system that I’d never want to participate in if I didn’t have to.

Marcus Garrett has to. Josh Jackson, Hampton, Wiggins et al don’t. The latter should absolutely go make 300-400k (plus endorsements ) for a year and stop making others rich under the guise of “amateur purity”
Yep. And it's always been an option. It's always been a choice. Now we know why they were going to school in the first place, shoe company money.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:37 PM 05-28-2019

Racist?
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:46 PM 05-28-2019
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Racist?
:-)

And . . . . . here . . . . . we . . . . . go . . . . . .

(countdown commence on KU thread getting moved to DC or RR)
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:52 PM 05-28-2019
It’s not going to DC. It’s perfectly fair game to discuss the corrupt NCAA system. You cannot discuss recruiting without talking about paying players and there’s one main reason you pay them: they’re desperate for the $$$ and they cannot earn it in college.

We lost a top-5 recruit, IMO, because we can’t pay him. We can only pay Self and Jeff Long.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:53 PM 05-28-2019
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
and now it's official. Going overseas. Says he never wanted to go to school.
so why even make a college list? Publicly publish a short list when you had no desire to attend college. I think you only have to maintain a passing grade in 9 hours for a single semester to qualify for the college basketball season. The grades in the winter semester don’t count because the basketball season is over before the semester.

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Kid with no desire to attend classes decides to get paid actual cash to play and develop in semi-pro ball for a year.

Old rules, before Adidas and Nike got popped for paying players, he probably gets a similar amount of cash under the table to play college ball.
looks like the going rate is $100K for these top level recruits. He’s still going to make 3X that in NZ.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:56 PM 05-28-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Yep. And it's always been an option. It's always been a choice. Now we know why they were going to school in the first place, shoe company money.
this is why I never believe these kids are committed until they sign on the dotted line. They are young, impulsive. They could change their mind overnight. That’s just who they are.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 01:08 PM 05-28-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
so why even make a college list?
Leverage in negotiations for that one year contract. Or they may have been waiting for the shoe company offers to ensure there really was no way to subvert the system. Could have been any number of reasons.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:09 PM 05-28-2019
Mods please move this thread to DC
[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 01:18 PM 05-28-2019

Because the money they make overseas isn’t worth leaving for one year and losing the publicity. Think about how much more money Zion will make on his shoe deal after he was basically all ESPN talked about for 8 months straight than had he gone and played in some league overseas that no one watches or cares about. I’m not going to play dumb and say “education is valuable go to school”, but I do think people dismiss just how valuable 8 months of nonstop media attention on you is and how much it hypes you up. Hell, even a hot March can sky rocket you up draft boards in only a hand full of games. That’s what publicity does.

The only way this is a smart move is if he pulls a Grimes and we find out he is way overhyped and his stock drops off the map. Then he will be glad he took the money.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 01:37 PM 05-28-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
so why even make a college list? Publicly publish a short list when you had no desire to attend college.
Because you are still dealing with 17/18 year old kids.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:51 PM 05-28-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
No that's for the Nubraska threads.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 01:53 PM 05-28-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Mods please ban this talking foreskin from the thread
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 02:34 PM 05-28-2019
Originally Posted by SithCeNtZ:
Because the money they make overseas isn’t worth leaving for one year and losing the publicity. Think about how much more money Zion will make on his shoe deal after he was basically all ESPN talked about for 8 months straight than had he gone and played in some league overseas that no one watches or cares about. I’m not going to play dumb and say “education is valuable go to school”, but I do think people dismiss just how valuable 8 months of nonstop media attention on you is and how much it hypes you up. Hell, even a hot March can sky rocket you up draft boards in only a hand full of games. That’s what publicity does.
True as well. It can work both ways. If Zion played vs superior completion then scouts evaluate him better. Obv he’s an outlier as he’d go #1 regardless. But let’s say it’s a top-10 guy. I don’t know the level of play in Australia.

Originally Posted by :
The only way this is a smart move is if he pulls a Grimes and we find out he is way overhyped and his stock drops off the ma. Then he will be glad he took the money.
Brandon Jennings was told the same thing but he ended up fine. I’d bet talent level is all that matters, NBA will find you. Like a pretty girl, they’ll let you know if they’re interested
[Reply]
Page 13 of 151
« First < 3910111213 141516172363113 > Last »
Up