ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2545 of 3903
« First < 1545204524452495253525412542254325442545 254625472548254925552595264530453545 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bearcat 05:47 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Every corner of the Earth is populated, to some degree, by morons.

Maybe we just lead the World in morons per capita.
And/or the most entitled morons.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 05:49 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla999:
If a kid gets Covid their parents need to set up a play date with the other area kids so they can all catch it and get quarantined similar to the chicken pox.

*runs and hides*
Since it is like the common cold it is not like once you have it you cannot get it again.
Using Chicken Pox is probably a bad analogy since you can get them a second time, it is called Shingles which are much worse.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...s-coronavirus/

Have you heard about this girl? She was basically infected on purpose by her parents. Then they gave her HCQ and she ended up dying.
[Reply]
alnorth 05:50 PM 07-09-2020
I don't think the main reason why we are doing so much worse than almost every other country is because of the people.
[Reply]
Monticore 05:51 PM 07-09-2020
Our media I think is a little more homogeneous with less conflicting information, not as political and mostly just the data without commentary.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 05:52 PM 07-09-2020
I don't fully understand this either. Everyone is all about EUROPE EUROPE EUROPE crushing this thing - but I don't get how. And if you tell me it's all because they're wearing masks I'll link you to a bunch of articles that shows they aren't all wearing masks consistently.

BTW I'm not anti-mask by any stretch. I've worn a mask since **** idk when anymore due to the nature of my work. I just don't see them being the magic bullet that takes a country that is struggling and flattens everything out to almost normal.

There's something here going on that we don't know yet. Maybe a mutation in the virus. Maybe something else.
They have done better with testing, with contact tracing, and with isolation.

Different EU countries did different things. But for instance they did a better job testing people in low wage essential jobs like grocery store workers.

The US passed paycheck help, but the US still ended up with more workers per capita who felt they had to go to work even if sick.

Many other countries made it easier to isolate. From providing hotel rooms to having social workers deliver groceries.

That mask wearing and social distancing became politicized didn't help.
[Reply]
sedated 05:54 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by alnorth:
I don't think the main reason why we are doing so much worse than almost every other country is because of the people.
...go on...
[Reply]
Bugeater 05:57 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Since it is like the common cold it is not like once you have it you cannot get it again.
Using Chicken Pox is probably a bad analogy since you can get them a second time, it is called Shingles which are much worse.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...s-coronavirus/

Have you heard about this girl? She was basically infected on purpose by her parents. Then they gave her HCQ and she ended up dying.
I thought you could only get shingles if you hadn't had chicken pox? Or is it the other way around?
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 05:58 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
What’s going on is we’re populated by morons.
Every corner of the Earth is populated, to some degree, by morons.

Maybe we just lead the World in morons per capita.
Can confirm: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30
[Reply]
Monticore 06:00 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
I thought you could only get shingles if you hadn't had chicken pox? Or is it the other way around?
Both i think, you can get shingles if you never had pox but it is reactivation of the virus in your system .

Edit , wife says you would get the chicken pox first if exposed to shingles later in life which can be pretty bad, then could develop shingles.
[Reply]
Bugeater 06:01 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Our media I think is a little more homogeneous with less conflicting information, not as political and mostly just the data without commentary.
Our population is far more spread out, we have major cities all over the country. Canada only has what, maybe a dozen major cities, and they're all concentrated along southern edge of the country.
[Reply]
Bugeater 06:02 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Both i think, you can get shingles if you never had pox and it can reactivation of the virus in your system .
Well son of a bitch, now I have something else to worry about!
[Reply]
Monticore 06:09 PM 07-09-2020
Our population is far more spread out, we have major cities all over the country. Canada only has what, maybe a dozen major cities, and they're all concentrated along southern edge of the country.
True , but That doesn’t explain Europe or Asia.
[Reply]
Monticore 06:10 PM 07-09-2020
May as well get all the herpes , do it for the herd.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:28 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Maybe add a return to work amount of like $300 a week and cut the fed unemployment bonus to 200 a week? You cant make more on unemployment no matter how they want to do it.
Did I read that you've got a mask order now up there in that utopia you call St Joe?
[Reply]
jdubya 06:30 PM 07-09-2020
Get the Shingrix vaccine although it isn’t a walk in the park either. It is a 2 shot series and a few hours after the shot, I couldn’t lift my arm over my head for a day. Also spent a day feeling like I had the flu with low fever and body aches. Still beats getting shingles though.
[Reply]
Page 2545 of 3903
« First < 1545204524452495253525412542254325442545 254625472548254925552595264530453545 > Last »
Up