ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2526 of 3903
« First < 1526202624262476251625222523252425252526 252725282529253025362576262630263526 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 10:48 AM 07-07-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
This is ridiculous. You expect every single person to get their own article? Plenty of articles mention more than one person. You're making up a nonsensical standard.

https://www.healthrising.org/blog/20...igue-syndrome/

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...d-symptoms-who

So there's 1,622 right there that they rounded up just for a survey. Doesn't sound vanishingly small.

Feel free to go out there and be the guinea pig for how common this really is. I'll wait for more data to come in.
.06% of just face value cases.
.006% of presumed cases.
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:50 AM 07-07-2020
Why are you people encouraging Bizarro Pete?
[Reply]
petegz28 10:51 AM 07-07-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
If it's happening near you then take appropriate precautions. If it's still just a thunderstorm then take a chill pill and don't be scared. Just pay attention.

I'm not anti distancing or anti mask.

I'm anti fear.

So quit trying to pin me to a particular side of your political argument.
It's more than obvious over the last few weeks there has been a search for a new boogie man. Of course there are people who have suffered some lasting damage. We know that. I don't think anyone is denying that. But I agree that we can't turn every single case into every case.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:51 AM 07-07-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Says Mr. Ethical Skeptic.....
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 10:52 AM 07-07-2020
Penis.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:54 AM 07-07-2020
Who said anything about being a guinea pig. I was just talking about quit being so scared of things that are beyond your control. Just pay attention to what you are doing that that's the best you can do.
Well there's levels of risk vs. reward (going to the gym, sitting at an outdoor restaurant, flying, etc). I like to have a handle on the risks to make that evaluation.

If it was just 1 in 500 chance of dying (51, overweight, otherwise healthy), and otherwise you recover fully - I'd practically be out there trying to catch covid and get it over with, so I could go on with my life. If I die, I die. At least I don't have to live with my mistake for that long.

But if the risk is one in 50 or one in 100 of permanent damage described in some of these articles, where you can barely get out of bed and have to rest halfway to the kitchen - and you don't know if it's going to last months, years, or forever - I'd wish I was dead. But you can't just kill yourself because that's not cool and maybe you'll recover some day. For me that feels worse than death.

And the whole time I'm kicking myself - "Why didn't I just buy some weights, did I really have to go to the damn gym?" etc. (I did spend money on weights for precisely this reason btw. So there are practical applications of this.)

That's my personal risk/reward analysis. Your mileage may vary.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:58 AM 07-07-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
If everyone had Pete on ignore, this thread could be 5000% better.
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 11:08 AM 07-07-2020
1 death in Arizona yesterday...SHUT IT DOWNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
Monticore 11:09 AM 07-07-2020
If it's happening near you then take appropriate precautions. If it's still just a thunderstorm then take a chill pill and don't be scared. Just pay attention.

I'm not anti distancing or anti mask.

I'm anti fear.

So quit trying to pin me to a particular side of your political argument.
Sometimes a little fear can help people make the right decision when it comes to their own health or in this case the health of others.
[Reply]
eDave 11:17 AM 07-07-2020
Originally Posted by Ninerfan11:
1 death in Arizona yesterday...SHUT IT DOWNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Think your thoughts through before you put them into words and embarrass yourself further.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...ostcount=37860

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...ostcount=37857

You are doing a disservice to the thread and your intent is unwelcome here.
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:23 AM 07-07-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Why would you need to take shelter the odds of dying to a tornado or lighting strike are pretty low?
I don't. I go outside with my phone and take pics and video.
[Reply]
Monticore 11:29 AM 07-07-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
It's more than obvious over the last few weeks there has been a search for a new boogie man. Of course there are people who have suffered some lasting damage. We know that. I don't think anyone is denying that. But I agree that we can't turn every single case into every case.
We still don’t know full extent of long lasting effects, reduced life expectancy etc. It might be years before we do is there probably more cases out there that haven’t made the news probably, not everyone likes sharing their life’s story. Is it going to cause long lasting issues in everyone not likely either , influenza can cause long lasting issues but this seems to be doing it at higher frequency and in multiple organ systems not just the lungs . I am far from being a germaphobe I am not anal about washing fruits and vegetables or worry at work about doing patients with varying contagious diseases . But from what I am seeing and hearing I would still be more comfortable avoiding this thing right now .

This is not based on fear it is based on info.
[Reply]
Fish 11:43 AM 07-07-2020
This is some authoritarian bullshit...

[Reply]
petegz28 12:25 PM 07-07-2020
Here is a piece of good news: the rate of new hospitalizations in JoCo is at its lowest point since this started as of 7/3.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:50 PM 07-07-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
We still don’t know full extent of long lasting effects, reduced life expectancy etc. It might be years before we do is there probably more cases out there that haven’t made the news probably, not everyone likes sharing their life’s story. Is it going to cause long lasting issues in everyone not likely either , influenza can cause long lasting issues but this seems to be doing it at higher frequency and in multiple organ systems not just the lungs . I am far from being a germaphobe I am not anal about washing fruits and vegetables or worry at work about doing patients with varying contagious diseases . But from what I am seeing and hearing I would still be more comfortable avoiding this thing right now .

This is not based on fear it is based on info.
Could the " increase in long term effects" not just be a function of your consumption of media?

Its not like the media reports these from flu that often...
[Reply]
Page 2526 of 3903
« First < 1526202624262476251625222523252425252526 252725282529253025362576262630263526 > Last »
Up