ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2485 of 3903
« First < 1485198523852435247524812482248324842485 248624872488248924952535258529853485 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bearcat 08:57 AM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Riiiighhhttt.....he lied. Period. Reasoning aside, he lied.
That does seem like the main issue for people. :-)
[Reply]
Monticore 09:00 AM 07-01-2020
Do you still call your parents liars for all those years they told you Santa existed?
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:16 AM 07-01-2020
Early returns on Chicago bar/restaurant opening for indoor service last Friday haven't been good. Long lines to get in with little distancing or masks occuring. The paradox being establishments can mandate distancing and masks while inside but have little control over patrons gathering outside due to the 50 person occupancy limits. With many saturated entertainment districts, it's creating crowds of people gathering throughout the city. I guess the silver lining is consumer confidence among bar/restaurant patrons appears high.

Feel this could be the crux of having sports with no fans, people gathering elsewhere to watch, likely inside during football season. I guess you hope to mitigate it to under a certain amount.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:17 AM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Do you still call your parents liars for all those years they told you Santa existed?
:-)

As unrelated and nonsensical as that reads in regards to the situation, it also seems like a profound and accurate representation of how Fauci must be feeling when it comes to finding the right words to use for the masses, and then dealing with the backlash.
[Reply]
Donger 09:19 AM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
:-)

As unrelated and nonsensical as that reads in regards to the situation, it also seems like a profound and accurate representation of how Fauci must be feeling when it comes to finding the right words to use for the masses, and then dealing with the backlash.
Did you hear his testimony yesterday?
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:24 AM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Did you hear his testimony yesterday?
I have not.

I imagine he's aged by about 30 years over the past few months.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:27 AM 07-01-2020
And im sure you've never lied in your life. Fuck outta here
[Reply]
Donger 09:36 AM 07-01-2020
I have not.

I imagine he's aged by about 30 years over the past few months.
But if you were listening, and I think you were, to my opening statement and my response to one of the questions, I feel very strongly we need to do whatever we can to get the children back to school. So I think we are in lock agreement with that. The other thing that I’d like to clarify very briefly is that when things get in the press of what I supposedly said, I didn’t say. I never said we can’t play a certain sport.

What happens is that people in the sport industry, they could either be people from players association, owners, people involved in the health of the players ask me opinions regarding certain facts about the spread of the virus, what the dynamics are. I give it and then it gets interpreted that I’m saying you can’t play this sport or you can’t play that sport. I agree with you. I am completely unqualified to tell you whether you can play a sport or not. The only thing that I can do is, to the best of my ability, give you the facts and the evidence associating what I know about this outbreak. Thank you.

[Reply]
Bearcat 10:10 AM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
But if you were listening, and I think you were, to my opening statement and my response to one of the questions, I feel very strongly we need to do whatever we can to get the children back to school. So I think we are in lock agreement with that. The other thing that I’d like to clarify very briefly is that when things get in the press of what I supposedly said, I didn’t say. I never said we can’t play a certain sport.

What happens is that people in the sport industry, they could either be people from players association, owners, people involved in the health of the players ask me opinions regarding certain facts about the spread of the virus, what the dynamics are. I give it and then it gets interpreted that I’m saying you can’t play this sport or you can’t play that sport. I agree with you. I am completely unqualified to tell you whether you can play a sport or not. The only thing that I can do is, to the best of my ability, give you the facts and the evidence associating what I know about this outbreak. Thank you.
One of the big frustrations with this whole thing.... science is gathering data and making conclusions. The media and masses are all about turning it into static "facts" and right vs. wrong.
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:18 AM 07-01-2020
Imagine how much better this thread would be if Pete were banned from it
[Reply]
lewdog 10:43 AM 07-01-2020
New single day records in AZ.

4878 new cases.

88 deaths.

No reporting lag to put with this. Actual numbers today.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ktar.co...88-deaths/amp/
[Reply]
eDave 10:48 AM 07-01-2020
____________________________________________________________________________________________________ ____
======================================================================================

CasesTestingSpreadHospital UtilizationADHS
CHARTS

Misc Notes

[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 10:51 AM 07-01-2020
This was announced today. We tried to take Cushing to an Emergency type facility last year to save it from closing altogether. Now the Rona has forced it to be closed. Probably won't be the last closing you hear about in the KC area from Saint Luke's as well as others.

The reluctance to open up elective surgeries caused a lot of devastating to health systems in the area.
The plan for closing Cushing was in the works the moment it was acquired. It was never going to stay open. The idea was to move assets to areas of need.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:54 AM 07-01-2020
The truth at the time was the real possibility of mask shortages.

Later on, it wasn't a concern.

I could imagine some outlandish scenario where mask production went into high gear due to a worldwide pandemic and possible shortages.

Another truth at the time was they didn't know how contagious Covid was and as Donger mentioned, hadn't seen it in action in the US yet.
Later on, they learned things, so conclusions changed.

That's generally how the world works.

Everything is made in China which was locked down. We need to move our PPE infrastructure back inside the US. I suggested very early on the government could purchase old factories no longer in use and use them to ramp up but that probably made to much sense.
[Reply]
kgrund 11:48 AM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
New single day records in AZ.

4878 new cases.

88 deaths.

No reporting lag to put with this. Actual numbers today.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ktar.co...88-deaths/amp/
I question whether the 88 deaths is not another reporting lag. Why? Here are the reported deaths by date of death straight off the Arizona dashboard.

June 24 18
June 25 16
June 27 17
June 28 9
June 29 4
June 30 3

Grand total for SEVEN days of 78 deaths.
[Reply]
Page 2485 of 3903
« First < 1485198523852435247524812482248324842485 248624872488248924952535258529853485 > Last »
Up