ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Butker got some work in on the infield dirt at the K today
arrowheadnation 02:04 PM 09-11-2019
It's a shame that in 2019 this should even be a thing. One more game I guess.
[Reply]
-King- 05:49 PM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by jettio:
They were the home team. Truckloads of sod was on the way to the stadium, they begged off on moving the game because they figured a loss to the Chiefs would guarantee the Saints home field. And, they figured they had a better chance against Chiefs in LA.
Just because they were the home team doesn't mean they were in charge of field conditions. The stadium has their own groundskeeping people and the NFL sent people also. The chiefs players also complained about the playing conditions, it wasn't just Rams.

If Monday night’s game is played in Mexico City, a number of Rams and Chiefs players are now strongly considering not playing in that game on that messy surface, per sources. “It’s not fair to risk our health,” one prominent player said today.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) November 13, 2018

[Reply]
-King- 05:50 PM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
THE FIELD WAS NOT THE REASON THE GAME WAS MOVED.

THE FIELD HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.
Lmao. So what was the reason?
[Reply]
Coogs 05:53 PM 09-11-2019
I think this is the last game ever with an infield. Oakland isn't at home again until late October. I think it is kind of cool that we get to play the last game with an infield. When I first started watching football back in the early to mid 60's, almost every team played on a field with an infield on it. I always look forward to the Chiefs at Oakland. One of my favorite games of the year.
[Reply]
jettio 05:59 PM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
Just because they were the home team doesn't mean they were in charge of field conditions. The stadium has their own groundskeeping people and the NFL sent people also. The chiefs players also complained about the playing conditions, it wasn't just Rams.

And that is proof of what?

There are no names on that. I bet all the quoted players early that week are Rams.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:00 PM 09-11-2019

Raider things...
[Reply]
DaFace 06:00 PM 09-11-2019

[Reply]
-King- 06:01 PM 09-11-2019
And that is proof of what?

There are no names on that. I bet all the quoted players early that week are Rams.
So Adam schefter is lying when he says chiefs players complained? What's his incentive to do that?
[Reply]
jettio 06:04 PM 09-11-2019
So Adam schefter is lying when he says chiefs players complained? What's his incentive to do that?
He is definitely not being forthright.

What makes you think players talk to Schefter?

His contacts are front office and agents.
[Reply]
-King- 06:32 PM 09-11-2019
He is definitely not being forthright.

What makes you think players talk to Schefter?

His contacts are front office and agents.
Who do those agents represent?

And what about Charles Robinson? Lying also I bet.

More on this: Some #Rams and #Chiefs players are concerned the #NFL will just attempt to throw down new sod in hopes of saving Mexico City game. Concern is that the surface won’t have time to properly take hold before Monday. So they’re asking for a union safety inspection.

— Charles Robinson (@CharlesRobinson) November 13, 2018

[Reply]
BWillie 06:44 PM 09-11-2019
The game was sold out...
Players didn't want to go..
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 07:37 PM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
It wasn’t safe.
[Reply]
-King- 07:46 PM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Yes because of the field conditions

:-)
[Reply]
neech 10:42 PM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
The condition of the field had nothing to do with why that game was moved - they had over 3 days to resod the field in Mexico City if they wanted.
I disagree with this the field conditions were horrendous and yes for player safety it was moved.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:59 PM 09-11-2019
The game was supposed to be hosted in Mexico because the NFL wants to grow their Mexican audience. Mexico pumped a shitload of money into making this thing work. Both the NFL and Mexico stood to lose a shitload of money by moving the game. But yeah, they moved it because they wanted LA to win.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:09 PM 09-11-2019
Do you remember what was happening in SoCal during that time period?
[Reply]
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Up