ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 94 of 97
« First < 44849091929394 959697 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Antonio Brown accused of RAPE - Federal Lawsuit Filed
chinaski 06:47 PM 09-10-2019
Per TMZ

Antonio Brown Accused of Raping Former Trainer, Lawsuit Filed via @TMZ https://t.co/khGNY803SS

— Charles Stewart (@StewartTVNews) September 11, 2019

[Reply]
PatsWinAgain 09:10 AM 09-20-2019
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
The one certainty in all of this is the that the Pats don’t care. They’ll lie, cheat, and steal anything they have to to win. They have a long and distinguished history of that.
This is the most ridiculous thing I've read sinced reading Harry Potter LoL. You're just hoping&praying the Patriots crumble because deep inside you know the Chiefs have little chance against the WORLD CHAMPION.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:11 AM 09-20-2019
Can a mod change that troglodyte's user name to "PatWinsAgain"? He can't read well enough to notice.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:16 AM 09-20-2019
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
The one certainty in all of this is the that the Pats don’t care. They’ll lie, cheat, and steal anything they have to to win. They have a long and distinguished history of that.
While I'm not suggesting we go as dirty as a Brady or Bellecheat family member, I'd be more than happy to hear that we've been doing many "dark" things to increase our chances of favorable outcomes.
[Reply]
PatsWinAgain 09:19 AM 09-20-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Can a mod change that troglodyte's user name to "PatWinsAgain"? He can't read well enough to notice.
Just like how Pat won ..twice last year?
[Reply]
Amnorix 09:38 AM 09-20-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Bullets? Really?

I must admit, I haven't watched them yet this year. His velocity seems to me to have been dropping for a couple of years. If he's throwing bullets, I'm surprised. Bullets...like...downfield? Because when last WE saw him, the plan was to get the ball out in 2 seconds, which means short, ball control passing. Are you saying they're now holding the ball longer and chucking it downfield?

Pinpoint accuracy? Absolutely. Knowing exactly where to go with the ball? Totally. He's the smartest QB to ever play, in my opinion. If he'd have had Mahomes' physical gifts, I don't think NE would've punted once in these last 18 years.

If he's throwing 'bullets' suddenly at 42, then I want a steroid test.

AFAIK Brady is subject to the same testing as everyone else. I've watched every snap of his career and he's never had any kind of significant reduction of arm strength as he's aged.

58 yarder to Dorsett in week 1:

https://www.facebook.com/NFL/videos/...5180093885238/

He's never had the strongest arm. He's no Mahomes or Vick or whatever. He relies heavily on precision mechanics to generate his velocity. But it hasn't dropped noticeably.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:40 AM 09-20-2019
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
AFAIK Brady is subject to the same testing as everyone else. I've watched every snap of his career and he's never had any kind of significant reduction of arm strength as he's aged.

He's never had the strongest arm. He's no Mahomes or Vick or whatever. He relies heavily on precision mechanics to generate his velocity. But it hasn't dropped noticeably.
Passes like that don't have much to do with arm strength, any NFL QB, even Case Keenum can throw the lofty bomb pass.

It's the 15 yard out and the skinny post etc etc that show true NFL arm strength.
[Reply]
RetiredSeniorChief 09:43 AM 09-20-2019
AB sent threatening texts, as a group text Wednesday night to his latest accuser. What a moron! He deserves to be suspended just for being a first class idiot. https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/09/19/an...-text-messages
[Reply]
Mecca 09:48 AM 09-20-2019

It's one thing for Bill Belichick to harumph his way through questions he doesn't like about football; it's quite another for him to be dismissive and evasive regarding serious off-field issues.

— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) September 20, 2019

They actually gonna rip on the Pats?
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:49 AM 09-20-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:

They actually gonna rip on the Pats?
Lol, hell no.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 09:51 AM 09-20-2019
Originally Posted by PatsWinAgain:
Just like how Pat won ..twice last year?
Congrats on beating a first year starter. Won’t happen this year. You sure seem hurt because we have the best qb in the league and your run is over!
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:53 AM 09-20-2019
Originally Posted by Amnorix:

I'm not slagging Brady; he's the GOAT.

That play is uncharacteristic of what we saw in our games last year, that's a good full four seconds holding the ball.

I think if he does that Clark and Jones are going to say hello.

Also, it's a blown coverage, and a lofted pass; I think most NFL QB's make that throw.

Regardless of THAT, if that's how a defense plays, then it doesn't matter if it's Antonio Brown or some practice squad guy.

My overall point is that I don't know that Brown's special skillset plays all that much to Brady and NE's offensive mindset. As opposed to, say, Big Ben who holds the ball forever, or a Mahomes, who buys time to allow for those really long pass plays.

Not saying he sucks or anything, and not saying Brady is decrepit, just that maybe he isn't going to be as explosive as he would in a few other offenses.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:54 AM 09-20-2019
Passes like that don't have much to do with arm strength, any NFL QB, even Case Keenum can throw the lofty bomb pass.

It's the 15 yard out and the skinny post etc etc that show true NFL arm strength.
And THOSE are sort of the Antonio Brown specials. That's kind of what I'm saying.
[Reply]
Giant Octopodes 10:01 AM 09-20-2019

That's been his bread and butter so far this year. Probably the best three throws of his in my opinion are these:
Edit: Best 3 this year I should say

To Izzo in the preseason
https://mobile.twitter.com/patsnatio...94540386734080

To Dorsett (a different td)
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...hillip-Dorsett

To Brown
https://youtu.be/HaPnd6Yb-dg

Sorry I don't know how to embed, but if you watch this year's highlights he has tons of 15-25 air yard balls which are rockets for 1st downs, and the velocity has looked good. He also has repeatedly gone over the top.
[Reply]
Amnorix 10:08 AM 09-20-2019

errr...the ones he's made his whole career off of? Yeah, he can still do 'em.

I've mostly heard that he has no deep ball his entire career. That, of course, is mostly because (1) he had no deep threats most of his career outside of MOss and Cooks, and (2) the Pats offensive design is more typically built around quicker releases of the ball, which doesn't give as much time for deep routes to develop.

Suffice to say, from someone who has seen every snap of Brady's career, including this year -- there has been no signifcant decline in his arm strength.
[Reply]
Amnorix 10:11 AM 09-20-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I'm not slagging Brady; he's the GOAT.

That play is uncharacteristic of what we saw in our games last year, that's a good full four seconds holding the ball.

I think if he does that Clark and Jones are going to say hello.

Also, it's a blown coverage, and a lofted pass; I think most NFL QB's make that throw.

Regardless of THAT, if that's how a defense plays, then it doesn't matter if it's Antonio Brown or some practice squad guy.

My overall point is that I don't know that Brown's special skillset plays all that much to Brady and NE's offensive mindset. As opposed to, say, Big Ben who holds the ball forever, or a Mahomes, who buys time to allow for those really long pass plays.

Not saying he sucks or anything, and not saying Brady is decrepit, just that maybe he isn't going to be as explosive as he would in a few other offenses.

I agree with 100% of what you said. Many Pats fans have also asked if AB fits our system. The bottom line though is that AB is an ELITE route runner, so I think if he's not suspended or cut for being the lunatic that he obviously is, eh could definitely help even with the intermediate stuff that the Pats/Brady excel at.

He can also attract attention and clear stuff out for Edelman and the RBs underneath, given what a ridiculous threat he is.

But I've resigned myself to him not being around much longer. Hope for the best but expect the worst kinda approach. He's obviously the biggest knucklehead in the world, in addition to possibly being a rapist and bullying asshole. :-)
[Reply]
Page 94 of 97
« First < 44849091929394 959697 >
Up