ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dolphins + 19
Ubeja Vontell 06:30 PM 09-10-2019
That is hard to believe in pro football. When was the last time we saw a spread that crazy in the NFL?

Like those LSU - 50 vs Bethune Cookman, what do you do with these kinds of numbers?

What would the line be if Clemson played the Dolphins on Saturday?

If I'm Belichick I'm playing my backups as much as I can, these Dolphins don't care meaning they could be dangerous when it comes to cheap shots and thuggery.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 06:32 PM 09-10-2019
Denver was a 27 point favorite over Jacksonville in their 2013 game.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:33 PM 09-10-2019
Miami -42 vs Clemson
[Reply]
eDave 06:36 PM 09-10-2019
So what's the play here?
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 06:39 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Denver was a 27 point favorite over Jacksonville in their 2013 game.
What was the final score?

I don't remember that and I should.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:42 PM 09-10-2019
Patriots haven't covered against Miami in Miami during the regular season in something like 7 consecutive attempts. Also, when the Dolphins play the Patriots in Miami and won, the 'Fins have nearly as many double-digit wins against the Patriots as the Patriots do against Miami when playing in NE.

Furthermore, the last time the Patriots beat the Dolphins in Miami when the OAT was at least 80 degrees or more was almost ten years ago.

Bottom line, the Patriots have been perennially snake-bit when it comes to playing in Miami before December.

However, this isn't the same Dolphins team from last year that yes, beat the Patriots for the third time in a row in Miami. They got rid of their HC, QB, part of their OL, DL, their best WR, etc. and so on. And didn't replace them with anyone of note.

So this week we find out if Bob Kraft's predilection for handies really is some kind of jinx, or if Miami has just been preternaturally lucky for the last ten years or so.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 06:45 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Miami -42 vs Clemson
I can't see that this week, these Dolphins are sad.

Back in the day they had a game between college all stars and the NFL Champ, the college kids did win a few of those.

How about Dolphins - 17?
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 06:52 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Patriots haven't covered against Miami in Miami during the regular season in something like 7 consecutive attempts. Also, when the Dolphins play the Patriots in Miami and won, the 'Fins have nearly as meany double-digit wins against the Patriots as the Patriots do against Miami when playing in NE.

Also, the last time the Patriots beat the Dolphins in Miami when the OAT was at least 80 degrees or more was almost ten years ago.

Bottom line, the Patriots have been perennially snake-bit when it comes to playing in Miami before December.

However, this isn't the same Dolphins team from last year that yes, beat the Patriots for the third time in a row in Miami. They got rid of their HC, QB, part of their OL, DL, their best WR, etc. and so on. And didn't replace them with anyone of note.

So this week we find out if Bob Kraft's predilection for handies really is some kind of jinx, or if Miami has just been preternaturally lucky for the last ten years or so.
Last season the Dolphins started out hot, they were 3-0 heading into NE, they got wacked 38-7.

I expect to see something similar, more about their first meeting of the season than being in Miami. And, can't ignore the revenge factor, the Pats remember how they lost the last time they were there.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:56 PM 09-10-2019
Just checked, and the last time the Patriots won in Miami before December was in 2011. Every other time NE lost. Never you mind about just covering the spread.

NE can only beat Miami, in Foxborough or after November. Well, since 2011 or so.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 06:56 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell:
What was the final score?

I don't remember that and I should.
Denver won by 16, 35-19.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 07:00 PM 09-10-2019
Just checked, and the last time the Patriots won in Miami before December was in 2011. Every other time NE lost. Never you mind about just covering the spread.

NE can only beat Miami, in Foxborough or after November. Well, since 2011 or so.
Ok I got the Pats winning this SU, 30 days self banishment the bet....ok?
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:03 PM 09-10-2019
Btw, I'm not saying that the above stats are worth betting on. Those are among those "stupid" stats that shouldn't really be stats. It's like saying "Alabama will always beat Ball State" (I know they don't play each other, it's just an example). Like the name is functional. The rosters change every two or three years. But the fact remains that so far it has been true.

I also admit I've made some money using this dumb stat over the last 5-6 years.

I don't think I'll play it this year however, as there's just too much turnover in the Dolphins' ranks this year. But I'm quietly hoping the 'Fins somehow manage to keep their streak against the Pats alive. If only to hear my buddies that are Pats' fans try to come up with a new excuse for their team's miserable performances in Miami.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:06 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell:
Ok I got the Pats winning this SU, 30 days self banishment the bet....ok?
Really? The six-time SB champs, and you can't give up the points against possibly the worst team in the league two years running? Kind of a "no-confidence vote" don't you think?
[Reply]
Why Not? 07:06 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by eDave:
So what's the play here?
Avoid completely. Most novices will say “easy $ on the Pats!”

But, NFL. One busted play early and that line becomes NE-26 to cover that 19,

Buuuuut....you could see the Pats covering, so this game is off my board for the week
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 07:10 PM 09-10-2019
Really? The six-time SB champs, and you can't give up the points against possibly the worst team in the league two years running? Kind of a "no-confidence vote" don't you think?
You said....

.....so you really don't believe that is the case now?
[Reply]
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Up